ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 101 of 378
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151201 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022-2023 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:02 PM 10-18-2022
Can't believe the regular season starts tonight. Just seemed like the Finals ended a couple weeks ago.

Philly vs Celtics: 6:30PM CST TNT

GSW vs Lakers: 9:00PM CST TNT
[Reply]
Eureka 10:26 AM 04-18-2023
Warriors down 0-2 and every fan of other teams act like they are done.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:28 AM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Warriors down 0-2 and every fan of other teams act like they are done.
You seem to think there is some sort of switch they’re just going to turn on and become the Warriors of old. If that switch existed they should have flipped it long ago. Their struggles on the road are very real.
[Reply]
jettio 10:30 AM 04-18-2023
Lakers are so much better after trade deadline. Worthwhile watch now.

Kings-Lakers could be a great series, if both advance.

It would be something if Kings advance over Warriors then over Lakers.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 11:04 AM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
And get smacked around.
Nope.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:43 AM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
You seem to think there is some sort of switch they’re just going to turn on and become the Warriors of old. If that switch existed they should have flipped it long ago. Their struggles on the road are very real.
yep
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:47 PM 04-18-2023
Players know

Originally Posted by :
[The Athletic] We asked NBA players who the greatest player of all time is

Full results:

Michael Jordan - 58.3%

LeBron James - 33%

Kobe Bryant - 6.8%

Bill Russell

Tracy McGrady

Michael Jordan continues to lead the GOAT race. It’s no surprise that he continues to cast a shadow over everyone else. He’s still a legend.

“M.J., for sure,” a player said. “Definitely 6-for-6 (in the Finals) is a big thing for me. But the way I look at basketball is (it’s) about the winning, and if I feel like I need (somebody) to go win me a game, I’m picking M.J. over everybody. (I’d pick) whoever is going to carry me through a series, carry me through the playoffs, and is setting the tone. I think M.J. checks all those boxes.”

Other winners:

MVP: Embiid
Best Defender: Jrue Holiday
Building roster from Scratch: Giannis
Most over rated: Trae Young
Most under rated: Jrue Holiday

[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:03 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Players know
Remember when players voted Lamar Jackson as the best player in the NFL in 2020 after the seasons Mahomes had in 2018 and 2019?

They don't have a clue.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:06 PM 04-18-2023
Also, we've reached the point now in 2023 where there's likely only a handful of guys in the NBA who actually watched MJ at all (and certainly when he was a Chicago Bull). Shows you how powerful his well cared-for mythology actually is.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:10 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Also, we've reached the point now in 2023 where there's likely only a handful of guys in the NBA who actually watched MJ at all (and certainly when he was a Chicago Bull). Shows you how powerful his well cared-for mythology actually is.
I don't remember any athlete being so dominant. Every year during the 90s you knew no other team had a chance. He easily would have won 8 straight if it wasn't for baseball. I was a huge Jazz fan and I knew getting through the West was the absolute best they could do.

He was just that good.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:12 PM 04-18-2023
It's too bad there isn't a prime version of Charles Oakley running around the league just so he could stomp the dog piss out of Draymond. I can't think of a more detestable motherfucker on the court. A bully in every sense.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:20 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I don't remember any athlete being so dominant. Every year during the 90s you knew no other team had a chance. He easily would have won 8 straight if it wasn't for baseball. I was a huge Jazz fan and I knew getting through the West was the absolute best they could do.

He was just that good.
Oh, I recall the inevitability of MJ/the Bulls of that era. What I'm suggesting is that virtually every player in the NBA these days was too young to have seen it.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:22 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Remember when players voted Lamar Jackson as the best player in the NFL in 2020 after the seasons Mahomes had in 2018 and 2019?

They don't have a clue.
No you just have your head so far up LeBums ass all you see is shit
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:23 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
It's too bad there isn't a prime version of Charles Oakley running around the league just so he could stomp the dog piss out of Draymond. I can't think of a more detestable mother****er on the court. A bully in every sense.
Yeah, Draymond has never come up against anybody willing to hit back in this era. It's really too bad that his antics have been allowed to go unchecked for his entire career.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:24 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
No you just have your head so far up LeBums ass all you see is shit
Even if that was true, it doesn't alter my point.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:30 PM 04-18-2023
Anybody watch the redeem team documentary?

Look - LeBron is a better player than Kobe. More versatile and simply more physically gifted.

But Kobe's ferocity and focus is just unreal. And that guy took so much shit for being a poor leader because A) he was a baby when it started and B) his teammates were absolute shattered ass (James squad looked like the dream team in comparison at times) when it really become the common statement.

But his leadership on that olympic team was so critical and just so good. And he was a killer out there; an absolute savage. And his focus was so single-minded that the 'kids' on the team had to follow suit or get eaten alive.

Say LeBron was a better player if you want - that's fine. Pretty easy argument to make from a lot of different directions. But would there's only been one guy to ever match Kobe in terms of sheer pathological drive to win and that's MJ. I think I'm still starting a team with Kobe over LeBron.

LeBron can do more to make a bad team good. But Kobe can do more to turn a good team into a champion, IMO.
[Reply]
Page 101 of 378
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151201 > Last »
Up