ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 153 of 3903
« First < 53103143149150151152153 1541551561571632032536531153 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
suzzer99 07:49 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
That doesn't really prove anything considering the circumstances. But it certainly should be tested further.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ99J7mlaIQ

“For those patients who have been cured, there is a likelihood of a relapse,” Zhan said in a briefing on January 31 2. “The antibody will be generated; however, in certain individuals, the antibody cannot last that long.”

Maybe this is only for the severe cases though?
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:56 AM 03-12-2020
https://www.providencejournal.com/ne...ng-coronavirus

Originally Posted by :
PROVIDENCE — Rhode Island’s first confirmed coronavirus patient, the vice principal of student life at Saint Raphael Academy who led a field trip to Europe, spoke to The Wall Street Journal from the ICU at Miriam Hospital.

Marc Thibault, 48, who became one of the first patients diagnosed in the United States, said he used hand sanitizer frequently during the Feb. 14-22 trip, but in Italy, he shared a microphone with a tour guide who said he was coming down with the flu.

He told the Wall Street Journal that he has asthma but exercises every day and rarely gets sick.

He felt sluggish on the flight home. He stayed home from work but went to a walk-in clinic when he felt worse, then a few days later to a hospital. Doctors at both places decided his symptoms did not qualify him for the coronavirus test, but the hospital contacted the R.I. Department of Health, which told him to get tested immediately.

He was tested at Miriam Hospital and admitted on Feb. 27.

Then, he said, the illness hit him “like a hurricane.”

He struggled to breathe. His lungs filled with fluid, and nurses in hazmat-style suits had to drain them every two hours.

The worst part, he said, was the feeling of choking. “You feel like you’re asphyxiating, and you’re panicking because you can’t breathe.”

He kept telling himself, “Just get through the next hour, the next hour, the next hour.”

At one point, he was aware that a priest in protective gear was about to administer last rites. He wrote a note to his wife saying that if his lungs collapsed, he did not want to be put on life support.

“I was one inch from death,” he told the WSJ on Tuesday.

“It’s alarming when I hear people minimize it as a simple cold,” he said. “It almost killed me.”
If you have asthma I suggest going to extreme measures to avoid this thing.

My sister has a disease I can't pronounce which already makes it like she can't breathe. They're treating it by suppressing her immune system. Her husband is an EMT. She has a kid in college and a kid in HS and there are people coming and going in her house all the time. I'm terrified for her.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 07:57 AM 03-12-2020

BREAK: Ireland announces new lockdown measures

From 1800 tonight - Schools, colleges and childcare facilities to shut

Indoor social gatherings of 100 and outdoor gatherings of 500 cancelled #CoronaVirusUpdate

— Darren McCaffrey (@DarrenEuronews) March 12, 2020

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:01 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
None of us know what will happen just trying to stay positive. Typical flu season runs through March so if we limit exposure and try to contain this we can be back to normal in a month or so hopefully.
Every medical professional in this field is saying that millions are going to be infected. We only have a couple of hundred right now due to us being 3-4 weeks behind in testing. There are probably millions already infected,

There is still no reason to panic. We have all been sick. Sucks for awhile but even the worse ones we have got, we got better in a week. The only at risk population seems to be the elderly and those whose health is already compromised. We have 70 million citizens over 60 years old.We need to take this deadly serious around our elderly family members.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:03 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

If you have asthma or COPD, you should be isolating yourself from others right now.
[Reply]
Donger 08:09 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
There are probably millions already infected
While I'm not one to underestimate this bug, I'm just not buying that. Countries which have had this longer than us and have been testing aren't showing anywhere near millions infected.
[Reply]
wazu 08:11 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
While I'm not one to underestimate this bug, I'm just not buying that. Countries which have had this longer than us and have been testing aren't showing anywhere near millions infected.
China went a long time before getting things under control as they were hit first. Yet still, somehow, a country with 1.4 billion people only had about 80,000 infected. That's like .006%.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:11 AM 03-12-2020

JetBlue passenger from NYC landed in Palm Beach, Florida with coronavirus. He knowingly flew.

And they let everyone from the flight leave the airport. https://t.co/RVV89lQm1f

— The Wolf Of All Streets (@scottmelker) March 12, 2020

Lock this guy up
[Reply]
wazu 08:11 AM 03-12-2020
And I realize those numbers are to be taken with a grain of salt, but still. They're talking about getting back to work in Wuhan.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:15 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
China went a long time before getting things under control as they were hit first. Yet still, somehow, a country with 1.4 billion people only had about 80,000 infected. That's like .006%.
China seems to have an easier time getting their citizens to do as they're told...
[Reply]
Donger 08:16 AM 03-12-2020
And I realize those numbers are to be taken with a grain of salt, but still. They're talking about getting back to work in Wuhan.
I was thinking more about ROK.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 08:18 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I doubt it’s millions but between those mild cases that never manifest symptoms beyond a cold or slight sore throat and those who may be asymptomatic on the front end of what’s going to be a broader epidemic, it wouldn’t surprise me if there’s tens of thousands. Without using measures to stunt the spread this will double every week so it’s not hard to see where people see this becoming a major catastrophe but I agree that it’s doubtful we’re currently in the millions of cases.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:19 AM 03-12-2020

My sister has a disease I can't pronounce which already makes it like she can't breathe. They're treating it by suppressing her immune system. Her husband is an EMT. She has a kid in college and a kid in HS and there are people coming and going in her house all the time. I'm terrified for her.
What do we do if you HAVE to ride this out at home? Being in my 30's, I'd like to think I wouldn't have to take any extra care should I get this. But this guy is saying they had to remove shit from his lungs so he could breathe. If you don't get care, and our health care system is overhwhelmed...how much worse is it?
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:20 AM 03-12-2020
Both my son & sister have autoimmune diseases and get monthly treatments for them. Which, of course, makes everything worse when they get sick. I'm not one to overreact to this, but I'm also not one to sit on my hands either. This does concern me when it comes to them.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 08:21 AM 03-12-2020
Yeah I wish I could trust the Chinese numbers. Unfortunately, even if true, I can’t see the US taking the same kinds of steps to round up people and make them get into small cages to be taken away...
[Reply]
Page 153 of 3903
« First < 53103143149150151152153 1541551561571632032536531153 > Last »
Up