ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1053 of 3903
« First < 535539531003104310491050105110521053 105410551056105710631103115315532053 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
eDave 05:31 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I wonder what they are using.
Smelled bleachy.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:31 PM 04-02-2020
I wonder what they are using.
They're using Carl Spackler

[Reply]
jdubya 05:32 PM 04-02-2020
Was sitting in my car out in front of a store today watching folks coming out of the store with groceries. So many people wearing masks and gloves but 100% incorrectly. Mask and gloves give untrained people false confidence and they do stupid things. One lady was handling her cart, got to her car and opened all the doors (with her tainted gloves on), proceeded to unload all her groceries while occasionally shifting her purse that was hanging on her shoulder (contaminating her purse and hair and shirt with dirty gloves). She then decided to just put her purse away on drivers seat but not before digging around inside her purse looking for something (with her dirty gloves on) and then proceeded to walk her cart to the cart rack. Walking back to her car she incorrectly removed her tainted gloves and put them in her jeans pocket, opened her car door that she had already opened and closed with her gloves on and then dug her keys out of her purse and started car. She then removed her facemask, with her bare hands but they are likely contaminated by now anyway so it doesnt matter anymore, sets mask down on dashboard right in front of her face and starts driving away. Right on cue as she is driving past me, she wipes her nose with her thumb and index finger. This exact scenario was happening with a half dozen folks all around me at the same time.

Gloves and masks dont do shit if you use them incorrectly folks...
[Reply]
Donger 05:33 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Smelled bleachy.
They're jerking off on them? That seems.... unwise.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 05:34 PM 04-02-2020
Why is New Orleans' coronavirus death rate twice New York's? Obesity is a factor

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN21K1B0
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:35 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Was sitting in my car out in front of a store today watching folks coming out of the store with groceries. So many people wearing masks and gloves but 100% incorrectly. Mask and gloves give untrained people false confidence and they do stupid things. One lady was handling her cart, got to her car and opened all the doors (with her tainted gloves on), proceeded to unload all her groceries while occasionally shifting her purse that was hanging on her shoulder (contaminating her purse and hair and shirt with dirty gloves). She then decided to just put her purse away on drivers seat but not before digging around inside her purse looking for something (with her dirty gloves on) and then proceeded to walk her cart to the cart rack. Walking back to her car she incorrectly removed her tainted gloves and put them in her jeans pocket, opened her car door that she had already opened and closed with her gloves on and then dug her keys out of her purse and started car. She then removed her facemask, with her bare hands but they are likely contaminated by now anyway so it doesnt matter anymore, sets mask down on dashboard right in front of her face and starts driving away. Right on cue as she is driving past me, she wipes her nose with her thumb and index finger. This exact scenario was happening with a half dozen folks all around me at the same time.

:-)

Dead!
[Reply]
eDave 05:36 PM 04-02-2020
They're jerking off on them? That seems.... unwise.
I told a women she looked great in her mask. She may have been hot. Don't know. She may have smiled. Don't know.
[Reply]
Donger 05:36 PM 04-02-2020
I told a women she looked great in her mask. She may have been hot. Don't know. She may have smiled. Don't know.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 05:37 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Beginning of June is my timeline as well ("Through May" = beginning of June). Like I said, I'm less aggressive there than O.City is.

But regarding the rest - if I could go get a shot that gave me this thing and I spun the wheel with no difference as to what the outcome would be vs. 'natural' contraction, but in the process ensured that 6 people of my choosing wouldn't get it, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

And I'm not special - I suspect 90% of the population under 40 would. Hell, it might be higher. For many they'd do that if they could protect only 2, or even 1. I'd probably spin the wheel at 5.

But in a weird way, with who this thing largely targets, that option exists. And targeted variolation w/ smaller initial loads would make it frighteningly doable.

But ultimately when you look at it from that perspective, you can see what our real motivations our. And they're not the kind that create a perpetually closed society.
I'm expecting end of June - 3 months of hell
[Reply]
Monticore 05:40 PM 04-02-2020

For the average joe it actually increases their risk .
[Reply]
ptlyon 05:41 PM 04-02-2020
Are you practicing proper social distancing from FGs?

Sorry, had to
[Reply]
TLO 05:42 PM 04-02-2020

Good lord.. :-)
[Reply]
jdubya 05:42 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:

Dead!
Meh, statistically she probably never came in contact with any virus as so few in my area have it but my point is, if you are going to wear gloves and masks to the store, just know how to wear it and take it off. Other wise give your masks and gloves to your local hospital to people that will actually be helped by using them correctly.
[Reply]
TLO 05:42 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
That's why I think they might advise against people wearing masks in public..
[Reply]
Donger 05:44 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Can you explain how/why? I mean, if she weren't wearing gloves or a mask, how does the above scenario increase her risk of infection?
[Reply]
Page 1053 of 3903
« First < 535539531003104310491050105110521053 105410551056105710631103115315532053 > Last »
Up