ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 55
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How friggin Cold are you?
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:54 PM 02-13-2021
Here in the Texas panhandle 6 degrees all day. Headed for -7 to -10 by Monday.

6-12 inches snow tomorrow/Monday

had to call every tenant to make sure they keep water running or they'll be SOL for a week.

THANK GOD I don't have to deal with the Hog farm any more. I feel for the livestock producers. They earn their money in a big way!

Those bastard on the border trying to check in are fucked in their short sleeve shirts. LOL
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:53 AM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Heater just went out in my place. Sitting here at 63 degrees and dropping. I'm not frigging cold yet, but kinda chilly.
Most likely a dirty flame sensor. Shut off your furnace at the disconnect switch mounted on it, should look like a light switch, restart it and listen to the startup sequence. If you hear the burner fire up and then go out a few seconds later, that's what it is and it's an easy fix you can do yourself.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:53 AM 02-14-2021
"I have top men working on it right now."

"Who?"

"Top. Men."
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:54 AM 02-14-2021
be careful with any space heaters......
[Reply]
Bowser 10:54 AM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Most likely a dirty flame sensor. Shut off your furnace at the disconnect switch mounted on it, should look like a light switch, restart it and listen to the startup sequence. If you hear the burner fire up and then go out a few seconds later, that's what it is and it's an easy fix you can do yourself.
It's the motor, she's kaput. Run to Lowe's incoming.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:55 AM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
My furnace fan went out a few years back.
Called Bugs. He told me. Turn it on and then go hand spin the squirrel cage. Your capacitor took a crap.
So you might try that trick Bowser
That's what you try if the fan doesn't come on. The funny thing about that is it happens far more when the AC is in use than the heat.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:57 AM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
My furnace fan went out a few years back.
Called Bugs. He told me. Turn it on and then go hand spin the squirrel cage. Your capacitor took a crap.
So you might try that trick Bowser
Yeah, the whole unit just took a dump. It's going to need replaced.

The motor was WAY loud yesterday, but still heating the place. Sometime in the middle of the night it just froze up. I can hear it buzzing so it's getting power, but no movement at all. Plus, you can smell the hot metal smell in the air. Fun times.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:57 AM 02-14-2021
It's the motor, she's kaput. Run to Lowe's incoming.
Blower motor...I'll be damned. Disregard my previous response to LiveSteam. :-)

But it could just be a bad cap, you can still try the trick he mentioned.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 10:58 AM 02-14-2021
That's what you try if the fan doesn't come on. The funny thing about that is it happens far more when the AC is in use than the heat.
I just leave the fan on 24/7 now.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:58 AM 02-14-2021
Yeah, the whole unit just took a dump. It's going to need replaced.

The motor was WAY loud yesterday, but still heating the place. Sometime in the middle of the night it just froze up. I can hear it buzzing so it's getting power, but no movement at all. Plus, you can smell the hot metal smell in the air. Fun times.
Yikes. Is it an old system?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 11:01 AM 02-14-2021
correcting papers and watching the original hawaii 5-0 on Decades. Not going out unless we have to get my Father in laws wife from the hospital to bring her home.

83 and carrying stuff up stairs instead of the elevator. WTF.
[Reply]
TLO 11:03 AM 02-14-2021
Feels like -29 outside.
Fuck this shit
[Reply]
Bowser 11:03 AM 02-14-2021
Yikes. Is it an old system?
I'm thinking so.

I'm one of those damned dirty renters that you've come to love and adore so much over the years (just add that to the list, haha), and my maintenance guy is actually busting his tail on this the last couple of days. He's off to Lowe's right now to pick up a number of new motors, and he's said a couple of other apartments are dealing with the same thing. This complex is actually really nice, but it's about 20 years old and approaching the half life on these heater/ac units.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:13 AM 02-14-2021
I'm thinking so.

I'm one of those damned dirty renters that you've come to love and adore so much over the years (just add that to the list, haha), and my maintenance guy is actually busting his tail on this the last couple of days. He's off to Lowe's right now to pick up a number of new motors, and he's said a couple of other apartments are dealing with the same thing. This complex is actually really nice, but it's about 20 years old and approaching the half life on these heater/ac units.
Ahhh gotcha. Heck, a 20 year old system is modern compared to some of the ancient shit I've worked on over the years. The place I'm at now still has quite a few of the original standing pilot systems from when it was built in the 70s.

Kind of surprised they don't have any blower motors on hand but many property management companies are reactive instead of proactive.

I'd also be shocked if he found a blower motor at Lowe's, the HVAC industry does not like DIYers and does not supply much of anything to big box stores.
[Reply]
2112 11:16 AM 02-14-2021
I had a problem with my furnace like 20 years ago on super bowl Sunday and it was 2 degrees out. It kept ticking but it wouldn’t ignite. My friend told me to take the cover off and bang on the manifold and woooosh it ignited. I’d set the thermostat to 80 and then shut it off. I had to do that shit all day until I could get the part on Monday. It was the igniter.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:17 AM 02-14-2021
I guess I can always just take out the old system and set it on fire in the tub, or something.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 55
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up