ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 319
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:16 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah, I've seen that, but there are also several guys available.

I could see a Mitch Morse reunion being cheaper than $10M/year.

Or, just commit to taking a C in the draft. There are some good ones in there, including my draft crush Quinn Meinerz.
If we could grab Meinerz in the 3rd that would be great. I know he looked good in the practices but hopefully the "small school" competition thing makes him available around there.

And no, I have no idea where people are putting guys in their mock drafts.
[Reply]
Hoover 02:18 PM 02-09-2021
I loved the "run it back" theme of 2020, but I think it's time for us to move on from a number of vets. If you are an UFA you are most likely gone.

Offense UFA's

Sammy Watkins
Demarcus Robinson
Austin Reiter
Kelechi Osemele
Anthony Sherman
Daniel Kilgore
Le'Veon Bell
Mike Remmers

Osemele was a great story, but I don't know how you give him an another contract after that injury. Liked what he brought, but I just don't think you do it. And I love Sherman, but we NEVER use him. Time to get a cheap youthful replacement at FB if Andy really wants to have one. You probably have to try and keep Remmers.

Defensive RFA's

Alex Okafor
Daniel Sorensen
Bashaud Breeland
Damien Wilson
Tanoh Kpassagnon
Mike Pennel
Antonio Hamilton
Taco Charlton

This list was bigger than I thought it would be, but like above besides maybe a DE, I think let them all walk. Breeland is one of my favorite Chiefs. Love the stability he brings to the secondary, but I don't think we are brining him back.

RFA's - Tender and probably keep them all right?

Darrel Williams
Ben Niemann
Charvarius Ward
Andrew Wylie
Deon Yelder

ERFA - these guys are making the roster.

Nick Keizer
Byron Pringle
Alex Brown

In the draft, it's got to be BPA in the first round. Preferably a DE or LT, but you just can't lock yourself into a position of need. I do think we need to invest or 2nd or 3rd round pick in an offensive lineman. As for the WR position, there just are not the targets available for the Chiefs to spend on a 1st round WR IMO. Especially considering that we can expect CEH to have a much larger role in the offense next season.

Best case is that we figure out something with Fisher and he can come back mid-season. Maybe add another tackle in the draft, but where we really need help is at center. I think that would make a huge difference. Its just never easy finding them in the draft.

Its probably an offseason where a trade would really help things out, just not sure there is one in the works for what we need.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:19 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
If everything you say in the first paragraph is true, no, it won’t get “harder”

There won’t ever be another patriots type run. It’s just not gonna happen. Stop holding it up as anything.
What? Of course it will. Mahomes' cap hit averaged out to around $4-5m over the last three seasons. Next season it'll quintuple and after that, his cap hit will never be below $30m.

He's worth it, you can finesse the cap, the cap is likely to rise over time, and great drafting will help mitigate the impact, but we will have to pay the piper soon. It'll be a lot more difficult to field a championship squad when Mahomes is taking up $50m and $60m worth of cap space.

Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yup Rodgers hasn’t even been to a Super Bowl in more than a decade. Russel Wilson hasn’t been to a conference championship since 2014 and Drew Brees didn’t ever make it back to the SB.

Dan Marino went to ONE SB and then never made it back either.
This is exactly why I'm saying we needed to cash in while we could.

All of these guys made it to and won one Super Bowl relatively early on in their careers. It looked like they were primed to stockpile a few more throughout their careers and yet they were unable to (thus far).

I don't want that to be us.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:19 PM 02-09-2021
Give me a Robert Foster or a Keelan Cole. Guys with talent that haven’t been able to play with legitimate QBs in their careers.
[Reply]
alanm 02:20 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I don't see it.

They let Morse go because they didn't want to pay him. I can't see him coming back for cheap, not to mention the injuries.
I thought it was more that he was becoming concussion prone. I believe he had problems again with it this year.
[Reply]
Hoover 02:31 PM 02-09-2021
Are the Bills going to cut Mitch? Seems odd
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:33 PM 02-09-2021
I know this much. If we don't get new blood on the OL we will have another problem. We beed two new tackles for sure.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:37 PM 02-09-2021
Is there just something about the offensive system and playcalls beyond the OL and injuries that are causing a problem? Because it's been mentioned that even with a fully healthy OL last year Nick Bosa was just as destructive and I believe I saw something about Bosa and Barrett having the two highest total pressures for a game in the Super Bowl. Obviously it worked out fine in the end last year, but I'm not sure this is sustainable. And on Sunday they talked about how KC really didn't give any extra help to the OL. I don't know the answer, but something just seems off a bit with their playcalls in the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:42 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Is there just something about the offensive system and playcalls beyond the OL and injuries that are causing a problem? Because it's been mentioned that even with a fully healthy OL last year Nick Bosa was just as destructive and I believe I saw something about Bosa and Barrett having the two highest total pressures for a game in the Super Bowl. Obviously it worked out fine in the end last year, but I'm not sure this is sustainable. And on Sunday they talked about how KC really didn't give any extra help to the OL. I don't know the answer, but something just seems off a bit with their playcalls in the Super Bowl.
Are you seriously comparing this OL to last years?

Nick Bosa is a fucking beast dumbass. Fisher struggles with power. The 49ers had one of the greatest groups of pass rushers ever assembled, and it still wasn’t enough.

If we had last years OL on Sunday, we win again.

You’re overthinking it because you want another position group to bitch about like always.
[Reply]
Steron 02:44 PM 02-09-2021
This will be an unpopular view but I think Sorenson has to be brought back.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:45 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by Steron:
No fucking way. He’s 31 and can’t cover TEs. He’s expendable.
[Reply]
Hoover 02:47 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
It's talent. Our offensive live sucked last year too. Especial the inside.

I get that Reid and Co do an outstanding job of producing NFL offensive linemen out of late round draft picks. Guys like LDT are gems when you get them in the 5th round, but he also has a ceiling. So when he goes up against a Donald or someone like that its probably going to be a long day.

We have seen what Reid can do with 5th, 6th, and 7th round offensive line talent, but maybe just maybe we should start off with players with a little more natural talent. Imagine what Reid could do with a 2nd round talent.

The Chiefs recently have struggled against what? Teams with a ton of talent on the defensive line. We have to address it. It's our kryptonite.
[Reply]
Hoover 02:48 PM 02-09-2021
No. Time to move on and get younger.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:49 PM 02-09-2021
I think Sorenson is about to get a nice contract. Not a big one, but one that makes it difficult for the Chiefs to keep him.

I've always been a Sorenson guy, but sadly i think his time has come to an end.
[Reply]
In58men 02:50 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
No. Time to move on and get younger.
Don’t do this to me
[Reply]
Page 8 of 319
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Up