ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 319
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112162 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:18 PM 02-12-2021
Not to mention Peters threatened to retire unless Philadelphia gave him a lot more money to play LT instead of G. You think he's going to come here and play LT for vet minimum?
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:21 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Can someone please explain this fascination with Jason Peters to me? He's going to be 40 years old, coming off the IR, and hasn't exactly been an iron man the seasons prior. When the problem this past season was all our OL getting injured and leaving us with nothing but scrubs, relying on guys like Peters or even worse Osemele or Britt seems ridiculous to me. Am I taking crazy pills or what?
I'm not fond of it either but it seems like a Chiefs-ish move.

You know how I feel about guys with injuries.
[Reply]
Hoover 04:22 PM 02-12-2021
I wonder what it would take to trade for James Daniels of the Bears?

Center out of Iowa that was drafted in the second round in 2018. Lost center spot to Cody Whitehair. He's in the final year of his rookie contract. While not the Bears Center he has be a starter for them at LG. Have to wonder if it in their plans to eventually pay him. If not, maybe we could snag him and solve our center issues.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:24 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The thing that is going to piss me off is us keeping Sammy. You just know it’s going to happen. Patrick loves the guy and Veach won’t want to get rid of him so quickly.

I just pray to god he takes $5 million or less with incentives packed in that deal and we draft a WR in the first 3 rounds.
I really hope he's gone.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:24 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I wonder what it would take to trade for James Daniels of the Bears?

Center out of Iowa that was drafted in the second round in 2018. Lost center spot to Cody Whitehair. He's in the final year of his rookie contract. While not the Bears Center he has be a starter for them at LG. Have to wonder if it in their plans to eventually pay him. If not, maybe we could snag him and solve our center issues.
Not a bad idea.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:25 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The thing that is going to piss me off is us keeping Sammy. You just know it’s going to happen. Patrick loves the guy and Veach won’t want to get rid of him so quickly.

I just pray to god he takes $5 million or less with incentives packed in that deal and we draft a WR in the first 3 rounds.
Oh fuck no. That would actually be quite a bit irritating.
[Reply]
Hoover 04:29 PM 02-12-2021
If Sammy had a big game in the playoffs I might agree that it would be the Chiefs thing to do, but I don't see it. The "Run it Back" thing was a one year deal and it made a ton of sense, and hell almost worked. I think this team now is in a transition, and with the cap situation, I just can't see making it work with Sammy. D-Rob might be a different story because we can get him dirt cheap IMO
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:32 PM 02-12-2021
Not to mention Peters threatened to retire unless Philadelphia gave him a lot more money to play LT instead of G. You think he's going to come here and play LT for vet minimum?
He apparently had said he just wants to play another year to try to win a ring.

Don’t think he got to play during the Eagles SB run.
[Reply]
TEX 04:32 PM 02-12-2021
If Sammy had a big game in the playoffs I might agree that it would be the Chiefs thing to do, but I don't see it. The "Run it Back" thing was a one year deal and it made a ton of sense, and hell almost worked. I think this team now is in a transition, and with the cap situation, I just can't see making it work with Sammy. D-Rob might be a different story because we can get him dirt cheap IMO
Personally, I'd let both walk.
[Reply]
penguinz 04:58 PM 02-12-2021
Neither of these two should be on the team next season. If they are it will be more of the same that teams take Kelce and Tyreek out of the game. No need to worry about the areas on the field they are not occupying.

KC needs a WR2 that can be reliable over the middle and blocking.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:40 PM 02-12-2021
Before the playoffs I didn't see the value of taking a T in the 1st round, but with the probably retirement of Schwartz and the injury to Fish, I've changed my mind. take a T in the 1st if possible, maybe another one later in the draft, pick up a WR that can physically fill Sammy's role (6+ ft, 210 lbs., 4.5 speed, etc.), and find a decent DE prospect. Obviously if we can trade for some of these pieces, great.

Otherwise, I think the team is in good shape to get back to the SB in 2022. The secondary is in good shape assuming the core guys stay), and for the first time in three years i think the LB corps is mostly good enough.

biggest issue, as I see it, is upgrading at OL. Just gotta bite the bullet and put together a better, healthier OL and we're going to win another SB.
[Reply]
O.city 07:03 PM 02-12-2021
Brought it up in draft thread but depending how draft goes would you trade 31 for Derek Barnett.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:38 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Brought it up in draft thread but depending how draft goes would you trade 31 for Derek Barnett.
You want to trade a 1st rd pick for a guy that has 19.5 sacks in 4 years and will need a new contract?

Wut
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:47 PM 02-12-2021
Can someone please explain this fascination with Jason Peters to me? He's going to be 40 years old, coming off the IR, and hasn't exactly been an iron man the seasons prior. When the problem this past season was all our OL getting injured and leaving us with nothing but scrubs, relying on guys like Peters or even worse Osemele or Britt seems ridiculous to me. Am I taking crazy pills or what?
because we can't afford a top flight LT in free agency, and if the Chiefs expect Fisher back then you don't want a big contract to deal with anyway?

And because he's already played for Reid, and in this system, and extremely well? If he's got 8 games in him, he's perfect.

I don't want to only nab these over the hill guys coming off of injury; it's what we can afford cap-wise. I think ONLY doing that would be very unwise. I think drafting and developing youngsters is really the only path forward and back to a Super Bowl. These guys like Peters, Osemele, or Britt (I wouldn't put him in quite the same category, he's 29) are low risk/high reward types that can bridge to your youngsters and hopefully be veteran back-ups/insurance.

I think you need a two pronged approach to make sure something like this SB doesn't happen again.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:57 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
:-)

No fucking way. There will be better prospects at the position that won’t also need a new contract soon.
[Reply]
Page 62 of 319
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112162 > Last »
Up