ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 319
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108158 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:19 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
The thought of relying on a guy coming off an achilles rupture in December and a guy who we haven't actually even had in our building yet as our bookend Ts for 2021

The fuck do you want them to do?

Lay out your plan.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:19 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I honestly think it will be Peters.

I don’t like that the guy is almost 40 ****ing years old, but something tells me it will be him.
I wouldn't want that to be the plan for a full season, and if we didn't think Fisher was coming back.

And I'm still not sure we shouldn't hedge the bet with an earlyish draft pick.

But yeah, he could hold the fort until later in the year and then be your swing tackle.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:19 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The fuck do you want them to do?

Lay out your plan.
I already have. Numerous times.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:20 PM 02-12-2021
The thought of relying on a guy coming off an achilles rupture in December and a guy who we haven't actually even had in our building yet as our bookend Ts for 2021

Um, if you draft a tackle, he's never been in the building. There's zero difference between Niang and a draftee in that regard, other than Niang is already on the roster and paid for.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:20 PM 02-12-2021
I already have. Numerous times.
Well post it here or link it up. There’s multiple threads discussing this shit.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:21 PM 02-12-2021
The **** do you want them to do?

Lay out your plan.
every time I lay out a plan, I'm told it's unrealistic and devoting too many resources to the offensive line.

And then people want to play Rankin, Reiter, and Wylie again.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:22 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
every time I lay out a plan, I'm told it's unrealistic and devoting too many resources to the offensive line.

Yarp. Or go after veteran brokedicks and pray they can hold it down.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:22 PM 02-12-2021
If our tackles come January are Fisher in his normal form and Niang, I think we will be just fine.

But obviously they have to add one or two other tackles to hold the fort possibly. A stopgap LT until Fisher is ready, and maybe a developmental option for the future.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:23 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

I don't WANT to play Rankin, Reiter, or Wylie. I just happen to think they will.

I'm honestly not opposed to what you've outlined, I don't think it's overspending.

The plan I'm not down with is trading a bunch of picks to trade up or drafting an OL just to draft an OL.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:23 PM 02-12-2021

As long as Niang has been working out and getting better, which we know he has, he’s nothing more than a redshirt coming in as a rookie. There’s no reason to think he forgot how to play football.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:23 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If our tackles come January are Fisher in his normal form and Niang, I think we will be just fine.

But obviously they have to add one or two other tackles to hold the fort possibly. A stopgap LT until Fisher is ready, and maybe a developmental option for the future.
Nope. The only option is three offensive linemen in the first three rounds. That’s it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:23 PM 02-12-2021
Well post it here or link it up. There’s multiple threads discussing this shit.
I'll give you the cliff notes version. Sign Kelce or Linsley in FA, trade up to draft a cornerstone T prospect, and figure out the rest when you determine if Fisher can play to his usual standard.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:24 PM 02-12-2021
Yarp. Or go after veteran brokedicks and pray they can hold it down.
Again, drafting an OT and assuming he'll step right in and start is exactly the same as making that assumption about Niang.

You're either okay with it or not.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:24 PM 02-12-2021
I'll give you the cliff notes version. Sign Kelce or Linsley in FA, trade up to draft a cornerstone T prospect, and figure out the rest when you determine if Fisher can play to his usual standard.
So your solution is to rely on essentially 2 rookies?
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:24 PM 02-12-2021
I mean shit. My plan was drafting a center/guard and a tackle in the first three rounds and finding a way to get Kelce. I don’t see Reid or Veach drafting 4-5 offensive linemen and even if they did....they all aren’t starting day one.
[Reply]
Page 58 of 319
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108158 > Last »
Up