ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 319
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:40 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I wouldn't count on them "fixing" the running game.

Even in the midst of Kareem's 2017 league-leading season, he had 3 or 4 games where he didn't even get 10 carries.

Andy Reid doesn't run the ball like a normal coach. It's part of who he is.

I think they'll work to improve the blocking, especially the pass blocking, but I don't expect special emphasis on the running game.
If Reid doesn't implement a REAL running game then we can forget winning championships moving foward...because teams are simply gonna drop back and dare th3 chiefs to run...it's that simple.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:41 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
It’s kind of the issue with luck I’m regards to injuries. Shit just happens. The Bucs got healthy at the right time and the chiefs ol just couldn’t especially with fisher goin down.

If taco is cheap and a rotational guy, sure. But you need to start looking long term
Sorry, but with some guys shit doesn't just happen.

I pounded the table on Dee Ford for a year and people actually got mad at me. He's played in 12 games since signing with San Fran. Some guys just aren't cut out for it physically.

Taco Charlton played 16 games his first season, then 11, 10, and now 7.

There's no way I bring him back, at any salary. He's not dependable.
[Reply]
Pants 03:42 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
If Reid doesn't implement a REAL running game then we can forget winning championships moving foward...because teams are simply gonna drop back and dare th3 chiefs to run...it's that simple.
That's the nice thing about dropping 3 safeties 20 yards deep, you don't need a "real" running game to succeed.

If teams start doing it next year, and they won't, CEH will fucking gash them.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:43 PM 02-10-2021
I think the Chiefs are going to have a situational running game, similar to what they did to Buffalo in week 6.

But a "real" running game, ala Denver or Tennessee that actually runs the ball 25+ times a game consistently? No, it's never going to happen.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:45 PM 02-10-2021
Buffalo did that.

The Chiefs protected Mahomes well and he also got the ball out quick to attack that style of defense appropriately.

The Buccaneers didn’t reveal some grand scheme to the league Sunday. Teams have done it before. We were just outmanned and for some reason, the play calling did not seem to be on point either in terms of how to attack that style of defense.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:46 PM 02-10-2021
I think the Chiefs are going to have a situational running game, similar to what they did to Buffalo in week 6.

But a "real" running game, ala Denver or Tennessee that actually runs the ball 25+ times a game consistently? No, it's never going to happen.
It happened with Kareem and we haven't had anyone on his level since he left.
[Reply]
O.city 03:47 PM 02-10-2021
Sorry, but with some guys shit doesn't just happen.

I pounded the table on Dee Ford for a year and people actually got mad at me. He's played in 12 games since signing with San Fran. Some guys just aren't cut out for it physically.

Taco Charlton played 16 games his first season, then 11, 10, and now 7.

There's no way I bring him back, at any salary. He's not dependable.
I agree. I wasn’t really saying any of that in regards to taco.

Injuries just happen though. It’s all about luck it seems
[Reply]
staylor26 03:49 PM 02-10-2021
I'm not sure Ojulari is a good scheme fit. Phillips has the concussion issues.

Oweh I would take for sure.

I think better value might be there at the end of the 2nd, with OT being there in the 1st but we'll see.
Ojulari is a guy that Spags would have to get creative with, but I think it could be done.

Phillips had concussion issues, but it’s been some time since he did, and he had no issues this past year. You don’t get a top 15 talent like him at 31 if he doesn’t come with some risk. Hell, some people still have him in the top 15.

Oweh and Ossai are probably the cleanest, but Oweh is still very raw.

The thing about all of these guys is they all have the potential to be the best pass rusher in this class.

That’s the kind of value I’m looking at with pick 31.

There are some guys in the 2nd, but not any with that kind of upside.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:50 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Buffalo did that.

The Chiefs protected Mahomes well and he also got the ball out quick to attack that style of defense appropriately.

The Buccaneers didn’t reveal some grand scheme to the league Sunday. Teams have done it before. We were just outmanned and for some reason, the play calling did not seem to be on point either in terms of how to attack that style of defense.
The problem I have is some folks seem resistent to running the damn ball. If Pat has a run game that can carry the offense when the passing game stalls then it would make our offense unstoppable...but some folks are not prepared to evolve smh.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:52 PM 02-10-2021
It happened with Kareem and we haven't had anyone on his level since he left.
It didn't happen with Kareem thought, that's just selective memory.

In 2017, when Kareem led the league in rushing, he had 3 games with 9 or less carries. He had another 6 with 18 or less. That's more than half the season when he didn't even notch 20 carries per game.

He had just as many games with 10 or less carries as he did with 25 or more.

Reid doesn't commit to the running game, even with Kareem. It just seemed like he did because when Kareem was on, he was really on.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:53 PM 02-10-2021
The problem I have is some folks seem resistent to running the damn ball. If Pat has a run game that can carry the offense when the passing game stalls then it would make our offense unstoppable...but some folks are not prepared to evolve smh.
There’s no need to evolve into an offense that doesn’t lean heavily on Mahomes/Hill/Kelce. That’s what makes this offense an all-time special group.

You have Clyde, and the OL is going to obviously be better. The run game will be better. But we don’t need to try and turn this into a 50/50 ish run/pass team. That plays into the opposition’s hand.

We just need our offensive line not to fall apart by season’s end. Truly.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:53 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I agree. I wasn’t really saying any of that in regards to taco.

Injuries just happen though. It’s all about luck it seems
When guys get hurt every season, it's not bad luck.

It's genetics, physiology, or some combination of the two. Some bodies just aren't made for football.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:54 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
There’s no need to evolve into an offense that doesn’t lean heavily on Mahomes/Hill/Kelce. That’s what makes this offense an all-time special group.

You have Clyde, and the OL is going to obviously be better. The run game will be better. But we don’t need to try and turn this into a 50/50 ish run/pass team. That plays into the opposition’s hand.

We just need our offensive line not to fall apart by season’s end. Truly.
Yep.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:03 PM 02-10-2021

In 2017, when Kareem led the league in rushing, he had 3 games with 9 or less carries. He had another 6 with 18 or less. That's more than half the season when he didn't even notch 20 carries per game.

Reid doesn't commit to the running game, even with Kareem. It just seemed like he did because when Kareem was on, he was really on.
You're talking about 18 carries? How often has Ceh had that or more this season? Three or four times? The bottom line is we need a running game that can scare the opposition and be productive!!..if we had one on sunday maybe things would have been different.
[Reply]
Hoover 04:03 PM 02-10-2021

Whether it was Hunt or Damien Williams, our rushing yards from running backs get inflated by long runs. Look at last years super bowl, Williams had 17 carries for 104 yards, but 38. of those yards came on his TD run to ice the game. Which was awesome, but in reality he ran the ball 16 times for 66 yards during the bulk of the game. Hunt put up a ton of yards late in games too. Now I'm not bitching, but the stats don't tell the entire story.

Frankly, I find it odd that so many here were excited about drafting a running back in the first round last year based on how we know Reid uses backs. I think CEH is great, and I just hope we use this kids talent more next season.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 319
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Up