ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 319
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:15 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Their significant contributors haven’t really come from there though.
Really?

CEH was a day 1 starter, picked 32nd.

Juan Thornhill was a day 1 starter, picked 63rd.

Chris Jones, 37th. Marcus Peters, 18th. Mitch Morse, 49th. Travis Kelce, 63rd.

They haven't picked high since the first year Andy was here and this team has done pretty well. I don't think it's that big of a problem.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:16 PM 02-10-2021
The chiefs have got some solid contributors from the recent drafts. But not necessarily cornerstone type dudes. Granted it’s early and that usually takes some development.
Thankfully Sneed seems like a potential blue chipper which if so, is extremely valuable for a team that has their cap commitments already in order for the most part.

Thornhill might become that type of guy too. He was on track to be pretty special in 2019.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:16 PM 02-10-2021
The chiefs have got some solid contributors from the recent drafts. But not necessarily cornerstone type dudes.

[Reply]

O.city 03:16 PM 02-10-2021
If upgrading over those dudes is the bar absolutely we can get that.

I’m just saying, say, the de we take thetr isn’t likely to have the immediate impact of a guy taken in the top 5 or whatever. It’s ok, it’s just normal.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:16 PM 02-10-2021
The chiefs have got some solid contributors from the recent drafts. But not necessarily cornerstone type dudes. Granted it’s early and that usually takes some development.
Chris Jones is the 2nd best DT in the league and was a 2nd round pick.

I think you're overstating it a bit.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:17 PM 02-10-2021
We also can’t forget that you’re getting 2 guys in Niang and Gay that we’re basically red shirted. Hell, you can throw Baker in there too.

We already have legitimate 1st round talent that we got value on last year to contribute in 2021 and beyond.

We’re going to get better and we’re not losing anything significant.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:18 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Really?

They haven't picked high since the first year Andy was here and this team has done pretty well. I don't think it's that big of a problem.

[Reply]

O.city 03:19 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Really?

It’s been five years since Jones. A lot of those dudes aren’t even here anymore.

I’m not bitching at all. They’ve drafted really well and it looks like there are some potential elite players in the past few years developing nicely.

Just that we need to realize also how hard it is drafting where we are, especially this year with covid and such.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:19 PM 02-10-2021
You have to give guys like Sneed, CEH, Thornhill, Gay, Niang etc. some time to become those guys.

Kelce, Jones, Hill etc. weren’t those guys right away either.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:20 PM 02-10-2021
If upgrading over those dudes is the bar absolutely we can get that.

I’m just saying, say, the de we take thetr isn’t likely to have the immediate impact of a guy taken in the top 5 or whatever. It’s ok, it’s just normal.
I don’t disagree with that but to get where we wanna go next year, I don’t think we need that 1st rounder to be a pro bowler. Just be a solid starter, be available.

We got back to the Super Bowl with a bottom 10 OL, slow footed LBs eating up all the snaps, and a 4-man pass rush that was inconsistent at best. And there is reason to believe all of those things will be better next year while not suffering a drop off anywhere else.

Simply put, injury is the only thing stopping the Chiefs from accomplishing their goals in 2021. Unfortunately, they did stop them this year in conjunction with the OL opt outs.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:20 PM 02-10-2021
It’s been five years since Jones. A lot of those dudes aren’t even here anymore.

I’m not bitching at all. They’ve drafted really well and it looks like there are some potential elite players in the past few years developing nicely.

Just that we need to realize also how hard it is drafting where we are, especially this year with covid and such.
Umm there’s 1 cornerstone player they drafted since Jones...
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:20 PM 02-10-2021
All the more reason not to zero in on one or two positions and say "damn the torpedos".
[Reply]
O.city 03:20 PM 02-10-2021
Niang is the wild card in that if he can only tackle he’s really cheap and could be really good. We need a lot of those
[Reply]
staylor26 03:21 PM 02-10-2021
Niang is the wild card in that if he can only tackle he’s really cheap and could be really good. We need a lot of those
Oh he can play T.

It’s just a matter of health.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:23 PM 02-10-2021
I remember reading about how Niang played really well against Nick Bosa and Chase Young in college.

I think the talent is there. Kid has a golden opportunity opening up if he wants to take it.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 319
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Up