ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 112 of 319
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162212 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:50 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Should Jayon Brown be a target as a coverage linebacker? I think Veach should try and spread the money around in key areas instead of going big on one guy.

For example.

Brown
Okung
Clowney
Reed
Samuels
Dunbar

Those are guys who shouldn't break the bank and are veteran guys who could all contribute from day one. You could chop and change names of course but wouldn't that help us more than signing JJ Watt and Allen Robinson to big deals? That's what I'm pondering over right now
If Brown is cheap, sure. Clowney and Samuels, at least, won't be cheap, so not sure why they're on the list.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:50 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Man, I'd love to add Watt and Lawson. Work on the OL and offense in the draft early.

I think that would make the DL pretty interesting.
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
One name I haven't really seen that we would probably have legit interest in is Haason Reddick.
Okwara or Lawson are good with me.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:52 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
One name I haven't really seen that we would probably have legit interest in is Haason Reddick.
Yep, might not be a bad idea...
[Reply]
RunKC 09:55 AM 02-23-2021
I’d be down for this too if he took a fair deal. Only 30 and still playing well

The perfect fit for free agent CB Patrick Peterson? @PSchrags says he should consider a reunion with his old LSU and Cardinals teammate, @Mathieu_Era and join the @Chiefs.

Here's the case for @P2 in KC. @ArrowheadPride pic.twitter.com/nbSyzKHltk

— GMFB (@gmfb) February 23, 2021

[Reply]
BossChief 09:57 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If Brown is cheap, sure. Clowney and Samuels, at least, won't be cheap, so not sure why they're on the list.
Clowney should be super cheap
[Reply]
BossChief 10:01 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’d be down for this too if he took a fair deal. Only 30 and still playing well

Sneed
Ward
Fenton
Baker
Keyes

I’m not sure spending $ on another corner would be wise.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:03 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Clowney should be super cheap
He's going to hold out for his. There's definitely going to be better options, especially if you want a pass rush.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:13 AM 02-23-2021
He's going to hold out for his. There's definitely going to be better options, especially if you want a pass rush.
He held out last year and got a lower dollar type deal.

He had zero sacks last year and went on IR in November with a torn meniscus.

It’s a big time edge rusher FA.

He’s not going to get another big payday until he shows the ability to warrant a big deal.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:13 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I know nothing of the talent available, but unless they feel really confident in a player in the first I agree waiting may be best. After using high picks on DL projects the past 3 years like Kpass, Speaks, and Saunders I’m a little skeptical on their evaluation there. Nnadi is clearly the best of the bunch but not exactly a world beater. Danna and Wharton were two bright spots of 2020, thankfully Veach was able to scout them where he did.

We need that presence opposite Clark, just skeptical of actually finding one that isn’t a bonafide sure fire prospect.
How the fuck does KPass even count?

Dorsey and Sutton have nothing to do with Veach and Spags.

Saunders had an injury and got lost in the rotation because Wharton was a stud UDFA. How exactly is that a knock on Veach and the defensive staff?

Nnadi is a run stuffing NT. He’s great for what he’s asked to do.

Danna was an excellent late round find.

Let’s not forget how good they’ve been at finding guys in the bargain bin like Ogbah and Taco.

You’re “a little skeptical of their evaluation there” because you’re an idiot that doesn’t have a clue.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:17 AM 02-23-2021
I’d keep my eye out for Melvin Ingram and Ryan Kerrigan. Both these guys heading into camp at 32. They aren’t getting huge deals anymore.

Both would be great gets IMO and wouldn’t cost a ton
[Reply]
BossChief 10:17 AM 02-23-2021
The whole Speaks situation is crazy. Even out of position and overweight, he flashed some ability as a rookie and dropped weight and looked fit before getting cut and then nobody even gave him a shot in another system.

Did I miss something there? Did he have something off the field happen?

It’s odd that nobody picked him up.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:18 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
He held out last year and got a lower dollar type deal.

He had zero sacks last year and went on IR in November with a torn meniscus.

It’s a big time edge rusher FA.

He’s not going to get another big payday until he shows the ability to warrant a big deal.
He signed for 1 year and $13M. That's not "lower dollar".
[Reply]
Reroka 10:19 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
OPL help big time.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:20 AM 02-23-2021
He signed for 1 year and $13M. That's not "lower dollar".
And his value took a huge nosedive since then...
[Reply]
Hoover 10:21 AM 02-23-2021
I'd stick with Breeland assuming the price is the same.

He's a known in this defense.
[Reply]
Page 112 of 319
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162212 > Last »
Up