ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 109 of 319
« First < 95999105106107108109 110111112113119159209 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
spanky 52 07:33 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by poolboy:
say theoretically we have 10-11 mill to spend on a free agent. Where do you start and who do you like?
A capable LT. Doesn't have to be all pro. Just healthy and capable. Otherwise we go into the draft at a big disadvantage.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:33 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Florio reported yesterday that the owners are looking to double the price of their Broadcast Rights fees, which would put them somewhere around $18 billion per year.

If that happens, I'm pretty sure that the NFL won't adhere to the reported $181 million floor because with that much new money, they can increase the cap and spread the 2020 losses over a few seasons, making it far less painful.
They’re gonna have to hurry this up then right? FA starts in just over 3 weeks so that seems like it won’t get done unfortunately.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:29 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They’re gonna have to hurry this up then right? FA starts in just over 3 weeks so that seems like it won’t get done unfortunately.
If you are confident in the negotiations, then you could still flatten the cap hit. I don't think you have to have that deal entirely done.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:17 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I’d sign a couple pass rushers. Watt + Charlton, Miller + Charlton, something to that effect.

Draft young talent for the offense primarily just looking at the depth of OL, WR in this class.
I'm not bringing Charlton back.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't bring any of those broke fuckers back - Taco, Okafor, Watkins, they can all go.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:23 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Quite frankly, I wouldn't bring any of those broke fuckers back - Taco, Okafor, Watkins, they can all go.
I’d bring him back on a vet minimum deal and still draft one. Plus I would sign Okwara in FA.

A rotation of Clark, Okwara, Tryon, Taco and Danna would be pretty good.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:37 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’d bring him back on a vet minimum deal and still draft one. Plus I would sign Okwara in FA.

A rotation of Clark, Okwara, Tryon, Taco and Danna would be pretty good.
Can we even afford that guy? I’d love to have him but damn it seems like he might be one of the guys that gets a nice deal somewhere
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:40 PM 02-22-2021
Can we even afford that guy? I’d love to have him but damn it seems like he might be one of the guys that gets a nice deal somewhere
I don’t think he’s getting a top deal out there. The cap is down and he hasn’t lit it up every year. I’d offer him a 3 year deal with a lower cap hit in his first year and then we won’t have to worry about it when Clark is gone.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:56 PM 02-22-2021

Quite frankly, I wouldn't bring any of those broke ****ers back - Taco, Okafor, Watkins, they can all go.
I'm actually surprised by this, i normally agree with you, but come on. Taco has no quality history other than the 2-3 games he started to look decent. Vet minish prove it deal, he knows the system, no downside unless they count solely on him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:59 PM 02-22-2021
Look at it this way. The Chiefs can get creative this year with the cap knowing that it’s probably going to go up in a couple of years with the new deals.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:22 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I'm actually surprised by this, i normally agree with you, but come on. Taco has no quality history other than the 2-3 games he started to look decent. Vet minish prove it deal, he knows the system, no downside unless they count solely on him.
Dude hasn't been healthy for more than 11 games since his rookie seasonl

16 games, 11 games, 10 games, and then 7 games.

He's worth nothing.
[Reply]
Jamie 01:28 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Look at it this way. The Chiefs can get creative this year with the cap knowing that it’s probably going to go up in a couple of years with the new deals.
That's the thing, it doesn't really matter to us if the league decides to borrow from future seasons to raise the cap now, because we have the long term deals to do it ourselves.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:29 PM 02-22-2021
Dude hasn't been healthy for more than 11 games since his rookie seasonl

16 games, 11 games, 10 games, and then 7 games.

He's worth nothing.
It’s time for us to attack DE in the draft. If they don’t get one in the first rd then they need to draft a measurables/speed player in the mid rds even if they get someone in FA.

I don’t consider Danna to be an example. He’s a nice rotational player but I want a physical freak with upside out there.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:33 PM 02-22-2021
It’s time for us to attack DE in the draft. If they don’t get one in the first rd then they need to draft a measurables/speed player in the mid rds even if they get someone in FA.

I don’t consider Danna to be an example. He’s a nice rotational player but I want a physical freak with upside out there.
Yep.
[Reply]
O.city 02:24 PM 02-22-2021
Physical freaks with upside at DE go in the top 12 picks. Good luck getting one of those dudes at 31
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:31 PM 02-22-2021

You mean, like KPass?
[Reply]
Page 109 of 319
« First < 95999105106107108109 110111112113119159209 > Last »
Up