ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 20
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
In Memoriam>Fire Me Boy! has passed away
luv 08:11 AM 03-02-2020
His wife posted the news on his Facebook a little earlier this morning. I know that he will be missed by many on here, especially the foodies.

FMB was one of the first people to really welcome me on here when I first joined and started posting regularly. I never met him in person, but he was one great guy and a fellow grammar Nazi. :-)

I'm sure his wife would appreciate any thoughts or prayers.

RIP, Fire Me Boy!

PART OF OBITUARY THAT LEAVES OUT PEOPLE'S NAMES AND CHANGES HIS TO FMB:

FMB, 41, died suddenly Monday morning, March 2, 2020, at his home of an apparent heart attack. [PERSONAL INFO]
[EARLIER EDUCATION] He attended then-Central Methodist College before transferring to then-Central Missouri State University, where he received his bachelor’s degree in broadcast and film, with a minor in vocal music.
[WORK HISTORY] He continued to work there until becoming disabled last summer.
He was a Kansas City Chief’s fan when it wasn’t popular and from his home helped cheer the Chiefs to their first Superbowl win in his lifetime. He was a foodie often seen on Chief’s Planet. FMB also was a photographer.[LIST WIFE OF 17 YEARS AND OTHER SURVIVORS]
[SERVICE INFO]
Memorial contributions may be made in his memory to the American Diabetes Association or the National Kidney Foundation.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:48 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
I didn’t know Brock as gone, but I miss a lot around here
Well, no one knows for certain about Brock... but he was one of the original regulars and just dropped off the map 4-5 years ago

Seems like the Mahomes era would’ve drawn him out, like it did so many other long missing old timers
[Reply]
seclark 05:52 PM 03-02-2020
Rip
Fmb also bombed me w my first infraction
Several years ago I sent him a remote meat thermometer
Great guy
sec
[Reply]
MIAdragon 05:59 PM 03-02-2020
Fuck, terrible news. Rock on my man. Gone too soon.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:05 PM 03-02-2020
Damn, hate this so much.He's in a better place now. One day there's gonna be a hell of a Chiefs dynasty party goin on up there.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 06:11 PM 03-02-2020
Very sad news. RIP dude. :-)
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:45 PM 03-02-2020
Wow. I'm crushed. One of my all time favorites.

Never met him, but doesn't matter. He felt like family.

Thoughts are with his family. Crazy that he's gone at like 42. (I think)

RIP, FMB. I hope they have a Sous Vide machine up there.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:54 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Once Dane jogged my memory on his dialysis treatments I did remember FMB speaking about it a few times, but I didn’t realize the time that bought was finite... thought as long as he could get it, it’d keep him up and running

Sure wish he’d said something to us when he posted last week, at least give us a chance to pray up a miracle... some of the guys we’ve lost, like Brock for instance, just have a strange pride that prevents them from opening up about it

Sad day for sure man, I’m raising a toast to him as I type this
Fuck me. I didn’t know Brock was gone. Jesus.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:56 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Fuck me. I didn’t know Brock was gone. Jesus.
Is that confirmed?
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 07:01 PM 03-02-2020
RIP Fire! I literally smoked a prime rib this weekend based upon your posts.....I didn't know at the time that it would be homage to you.....CP has definitely lost a good one today
[Reply]
DaFace 07:11 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Is that confirmed?
I could be wrong, but I THINK Brock is OK. My train of information:

1. Googling the email address on his account revealed a name and a city (which is a small town of maybe 10k people).
2. Looked on Facebook for someone with that name in that town.
3. Found a guy who looks to be maybe 50's or 60's in that town. He's posted in the past few weeks.

If anyone knew him well and would like to reach out, PM me. I'd give info out to one person, but I don't want him to be barraged with people trying to contact him, especially if he hasn't otherwise tried to connect with people.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:13 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I could be wrong, but I THINK Brock is OK. My train of information:

1. Googling the email address on his account revealed a name and a city (which is a small town of maybe 10k people).
2. Looked on Facebook for someone with that name in that town.
3. Found a guy who looks to be maybe 50's or 60's in that town. He's posted in the past few weeks.

If anyone knew him well and would like to reach out, PM me. I'd give info out to one person, but I don't want him to be barraged with people trying to contact him, especially if he hasn't otherwise tried to connect with people.
I certainly hope he's alive and well and just moved on.

Ironically, his last post offered condolences to another member who died.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:13 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Is that confirmed?
Not confirmed, but all signs say yes

Dude used to jab me constantly, just like me and FMB used to mildly tangle over politics... and I came away from it respecting both of them for it
[Reply]
Bowser 07:19 PM 03-02-2020
Oh no. That is terrible. Very sad to hear this.

The guy went through a ton way too early in life. At the very least he can rest now.

I'll go watch Dick Tracy in his honor.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:29 PM 03-02-2020
I just realized that I never actually posted my condolences in the thread. I knew FMB has had a hard road these past few years, but he only talked about it sporadically. As I recall, he wasn't able to get out much at times. I can only hope that CP helped him to get through some of the tough times.

RIP
[Reply]
Indian Chief 07:29 PM 03-02-2020
Really sorry to hear this. Condolences to his family and friends.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 20
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up