ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 34
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Charles Omenihu
ShowtimeSBMVP 07:43 PM 03-14-2023

Breaking: FA DT Charles Omenihu is signing a two-year, $20M max deal with the #Chiefs, sources tell @theScore.

He's coming off his best season, tallying 16 quarterback hits and 28 initial pressures with #49ers. Omenihu's only 25 years old.

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) March 15, 2023

[Reply]
kccrow 08:57 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Not a fan of Slayton anymore?
The synapses are failing again, I take my pills for my neck and bloop. Yes, I still like Slayton a ton, probably more than I should, and I think he'd be a baller in this offense.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 08:58 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Ideally we find an Edge that whose forte is pass rush and we move Omenihu inside on obvious passing downs.

Karlaftis Jones Omenihu StudRookieEdge
Nolan Smith or Will McDonald pure pass rusher at #31? Maybe even Calijah Kancey? Quite a few elite pass rushers currently being mocked in that 20-31 range.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:59 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Great signing. This kid has flashed the ability to be a very disruptive player and is going into a perfect situation for him. I’m kinda surprised he signed so early before a market got established…but I’m sure going to a team like KC for 20 million is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I’m probably crazy, but I can still see our first 2 picks being OT and DE.
Not crazy at all. Very possible.

I'm sure one will be DE.

The other will be OT, WR, or DT. TE would be the dark horse.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:01 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Nolan Smith or Will McDonald pure pass rusher at #31? Maybe even Calijah Kancey? Quite a few elite pass rushers currently being mocked in that 20-31 range.
Nolan Smith won't be there, and might be too small for Spags, but McDonald would compliment Omenihu and Karlaftis perfectly.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:02 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
The synapses are failing again, I take my pills for my neck and bloop. Yes, I still like Slayton a ton, probably more than I should, and I think he'd be a baller in this offense.
I figured. With the WR market not being shit….I’m hoping we can get him on a decent deal.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 09:04 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Nolan Smith won't be there, and might be too small for Spags, but McDonald would compliment Omenihu and Karlaftis perfectly.
Will McDonald is a freakshow athlete. If we arent giving up any draft capital in a trade prior to the draft plenty of ammo to go get Nolan Smith or Kancey if they want them badly enough.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:07 PM 03-14-2023
Feels like Omenihu gives us what we've been missing ever since Emmanuel Ogbah got hurt then signed with the Dolphins.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:09 PM 03-14-2023
Feels like Omenihu gives us what we've been missing ever since Emmanuel Ogbah got hurt then signed with the Dolphins.
Yep, and he's at that same point of possible ascension as Ogbah was when he left here. I have pretty high hopes for this pickup. It's a good one. Still need a wicked speed presence on the outside. Derick Hall is gaining steam for me.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:09 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
That's what I'm thinking. Someone like that on the Edge and on obvious passing downs move Omenihu inside next to Jones. Not saying he's the next Chris Jones, but he's got that type of freaky size and athleticism.

Can you even imagine this beast lined up next to Jones? :-)

Charles Omenihu will look realllly nice in a @Chiefs uniform. A high-upside signing by Brett Veach, and that might even be an understatement.

pic.twitter.com/2M3OOUbWGk

— Adam Suderman (@adamsuderman) March 15, 2023

[Reply]
RunKC 09:11 PM 03-14-2023
Spags has been trying to get this man for 2 years. Should have known he’s be high on the list for us

The Chiefs also looked at Houston DE Charles Omenihu before doing the Melvin Ingram deal, per source.

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) November 2, 2021

[Reply]
staylor26 09:11 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Yep, and he's at that same point of possible ascension as Ogbah was when he left here. I have pretty high hopes for this pickup. It's a good one. Still need a wicked speed presence on the outside. Derick Hall is gaining steam for me.
McDonald, Hall, Ojulari

Feel very confident that one of those guys will be a Chief.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:13 PM 03-14-2023
That's a comp I thought about too when I heard we signed him. Higher upside though, an even better athlete than Ogbah.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:15 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
He's gonna be a great asset on passing downs. But nobody sets the edge like Frank did!
especially in the playoffs:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 09:25 PM 03-14-2023
Not crazy at all. Very possible.

I'm sure one will be DE.

The other will be OT, WR, or DT. TE would be the dark horse.
Watch Veach trade up with the Cowboys to fuck over the Bengals by taking Anton Harrison just like he did the Bills last year :-)
[Reply]
Bump 09:34 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Chief Fans do NOT. They murdered furious George for similar.
double digit sacks = all that matters
[Reply]
Page 7 of 34
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up