A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
scho63 01:59 PM 04-07-2022
The sell programs from 3:30 just pounded the shit out of the stocks
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:00 PM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
The sell programs from 3:30 just pounded the shit out of the stocks
I have to admit. Since I bought in and started following AMC it's been a really eye opening experience. I've received a good education on how much the market is manipulated . Actually its sad knowing that the retail investor has no influence on the market.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:37 PM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I have to admit. Since I bought in and started following AMC it's been a really eye opening experience. I've received a good education on how much the market is manipulated . Actually its sad knowing that the retail investor has no influence on the market.
There was a case a while back where a brokerage firm got caught making some tiny computer program change to execute their trades a microsecond before the public's trades, which gave them an advantage in pricing their buys and sells. Ever since then, I've known that we're playing a rigged game that works against people and for giant Wall Street brokerages, and it's disappointing. But the challenge is that it's the only game in town.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:56 PM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
There was a case a while back where a brokerage firm got caught making some tiny computer program change to execute their trades a microsecond before the public's trades, which gave them an advantage in pricing their buys and sells. Ever since then, I've known that we're playing a rigged game that works against people and for giant Wall Street brokerages, and it's disappointing. But the challenge is that it's the only game in town.
They're using AI technology that has investor emotion plugged in to the algorithms.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:19 PM 04-07-2022
I posted about Fundrise.com before and wanted to update what is going on. Since I joined in February, they have purchased 3 major properties and now merged several funds into their Interval Fund (which is the basic level). My account has received only modest dividends, but the Appreciation has been amazing-- over 7% for the 1st quarter. They average about 22% per year, which is great for a REIT.

You can start a FREE account and now they are giving $25.00 bucks to join. You can make up to $900.00 in shares by just sending out invites.

https://fundrise.com/r/1lev88

I wouldn't post this unless I was completely impressed with this company. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:36 PM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Read Flash Boys by Michael Lewis. It’s pretty damned interesting.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:05 PM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Read Flash Boys by Michael Lewis. It’s pretty damned interesting.
Amazing book.

Anyone who's into investing should read it.
[Reply]
Holladay 08:25 PM 04-07-2022
Is the cut off still 4-10-22?
[Reply]
|Zach| 01:31 AM 04-08-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I posted about Fundrise.com before and wanted to update what is going on. Since I joined in February, they have purchased 3 major properties and now merged several funds into their Interval Fund (which is the basic level). My account has received only modest dividends, but the Appreciation has been amazing-- over 7% for the 1st quarter. They average about 22% per year, which is great for a REIT.

You can start a FREE account and now they are giving $25.00 bucks to join. You can make up to $900.00 in shares by just sending out invites.

https://fundrise.com/r/1lev88

I wouldn't post this unless I was completely impressed with this company. :-)
No.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 10:06 AM 04-14-2022
Nothing on Elon making a bid for the twatter? Wish I would have jumped in for that little spike.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:13 AM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Nothing on Elon making a bid for the twatter? Wish I would have jumped in for that little spike.
I like the guy in general, but I really wish he'd focus on Tesla and SpaceX. It seems he's jealous of Bezos and Zuck's media empires and wants to get his own.

From an investment standpoint, though, it's tricky. Obviously you'd get a great deal if it goes through, but I have to imagine there's a high likelihood that it won't, and the stock will inevitably tank for a while if it doesn't. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:33 AM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I like the guy in general, but I really wish he'd focus on Tesla and SpaceX. It seems he's jealous of Bezos and Zuck's media empires and wants to get his own.

From an investment standpoint, though, it's tricky. Obviously you'd get a great deal if it goes through, but I have to imagine there's a high likelihood that it won't, and the stock will inevitably tank for a while if it doesn't. :-)
From what I read he wanted to take it private, and then it would just be buyout thing. IF you were in before the news, it probably wouldn't go a hell of a lot lower.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:45 AM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
From what I read he wanted to take it private, and then it would just be buyout thing. IF you were in before the news, it probably wouldn't go a hell of a lot lower.
Yeah, my concern is that they'll essentially tell him to fuck off, and in that scenario, it would likely cause a short-term sell-off in panic.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 10:50 AM 04-14-2022
Its a little over 46 right now. Elon is offering 54.20 a share?

A) Why would they not take that offer?

B) Wouldnt the share holders get the 54.20 for their shares?

Seems like easy money? No?
[Reply]
ghak99 12:00 PM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Its a little over 46 right now. Elon is offering 54.20 a share?

A) Why would they not take that offer?

B) Wouldnt the share holders get the 54.20 for their shares?

Seems like easy money? No?
There's an obvious reason why they wouldn't want to take the offer and it's probably one of the reasons he put them in this position.

I personally find it hilarious that he started the move, at least publicly, with a twitter poll.
[Reply]
Page 852 of 934
« First < 352752802842848849850851852 853854855856862902 > Last »
Up