ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 435
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763103153 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:42 PM 09-29-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
He’s mad he missed that tackle for a sack. Don’t blame him
[Reply]
JakeF 05:49 PM 09-29-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
You're an idiot....it has been far from a disaster...not even close
Frank Clark cost; 1st, 2nd, swap 3rd with contract of $105m/63m guaranteed
Khalil Mack cost; 1st,1st,3rd,6th (Bears gets 2nd,5th back) contract $141m/90m guaranteed

Offenses don't worry about Frank Clark. They don't change their blocking scheme for Clark.

Mack is dominant, he makes QB's change their approach.

Clark isn't even a bigger threat than Justin Houston right now

Pretty much a disaster so far since Clark can't even hold Mack's jock.

It's still early though.

Maybe the Chiefs should start running stunts and twists with Jones/Clark ala Smith/Thomas.
[Reply]
-King- 06:10 PM 09-29-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
We're not worse at run defense.

We're actually making teams punt on occasion.

The 10-20+ yard runs are still there, but when they're not, they're basically 1-2 yard stuffs instead of the 8-9 yard gashes on first down that Sutton's D from last year would allow.

Is that great or helpful? Well, actually, kinda. It's an improvement. Don't go by YPC. Go by the number of punts forced.
So far we're forcing 3.7 punts per game. Last year we forced 3.4 punts per game. That's not that much of an improvement
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:13 PM 09-29-2019
He sets the edge and sticks to his assignments. You haters
[Reply]
T-post Tom 06:33 PM 09-29-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:

[Reply]
wheeler08 06:56 PM 09-29-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Clark's spin move is pretty lame imo.
Yea it’s pathetic. I was watching him a lot today, even while he stood on the sidelines half the defensive plays, and that spin move is a joke. By the time he spins around the play is over
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:07 PM 09-29-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
We need another stud edge rusher to take the pressure off Clark, and a shutdown #1 corner.

No biggie - should be easy to fill.
He is getting doubled and tripled. A LOT. I don't know if we need a stud edge rusher. But you'd have to think SOMEONE on our DL would take advantage of that. Problem is, Okafor and Ogbah just aren't consistently good pass rushers.
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 07:16 PM 09-29-2019
He's seems SLOW and WEAK to me. No mean streak to him, either. Shit, Tamba was still setting the edge pretty well his last year!

Too much KC Barbecue...
[Reply]
petegz28 07:21 PM 09-29-2019
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
He's seems SLOW and WEAK to me. No mean streak to him, either. Shit, Tamba was still setting the edge pretty well his last year!

Too much KC Barbecue...
Pressing???

I don't think anyone is saying Clark is tearing it up. I just think most are saying it isn't as bad as some make it out to be.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:58 PM 09-29-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
He is getting doubled and tripled. A LOT. I don't know if we need a stud edge rusher. But you'd have to think SOMEONE on our DL would take advantage of that. Problem is, Okafor and Ogbah just aren't consistently good pass rushers.
Lol no he's not. Just because it's literally the only thing you can say anymore doesn't make it true. He might get doubled a couple times a game, but he damn sure never gets triple teamed. He was brought in to be a stud edge rusher, not a fucking Tyson Jackson clone.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:15 PM 09-29-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Yup. If he made that tackle for the sack today folks wouldn’t be on here bitching. That’s the way it goes though
[Reply]
-King- 08:23 PM 09-29-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yup. If he made that tackle for the sack today folks wouldn’t be on here bitching. That’s the way it goes though
It goes deeper than 1 play.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:23 PM 09-29-2019
He’s probably just struggling to pick up the new schemes.

I choose to put a positive spin on this. This D will get better.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:26 PM 09-29-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Actually, they probably would be. He wasn't very good for large stretches of this game.

Too many of the people who either rightly or wrongly have been cornered into defending Clark (even if their opinion is more nuanced than given credit for) assume critics are pissed at Clark because the sacks aren't happening.

It's not that. It's that the guy is invisible. He doesn't get his name called nearly often enough. For a QB pressure here, or for closing a gap before the runner can hit it, or for stretching a play out and allowing others to shut the motion down, or for correctly diagnosing something in the blocking, or for making a hustle play and playing to the end of the whistle, or for getting a QB pressure... batting down a pass... and yes, maybe sacking the QB.

He HAS done all that stuff at some point during the course of 4 games. Just... when you're paid what he is and when your team burns a 1st round pick on you, the expectation is that you do that stuff more often than what Frank Clark is doing.

Again... let me say this slowly for some of the retards in the back of the room:

CRITICS OF CLARK AREN'T SAYING IT'S ALL ABOUT GETTING SACKS. That's just the easy strawman that's been constructed so that those people are easier to deal with.

Frank Clark should be playing better than he currently is. He can still do it. We all hope he does. If he doesn't, that's a very very bad thing for this defense.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:26 PM 09-29-2019
Until someone actually reviews all of the film on him and knows the defensive calls for each of those plays, it’s very difficult to say how well he’s really playing.

It’s not like a wide receiver that can easily be judged on receptions, yards, and TDs. DL is much harder to judge.

For instance, has anyone reviewed the sacks that other guys have gotten to see if Clark had any role in creating that sack?

I clearly haven’t done these things either. I’m reserving judgment until probably Week 8 or so. As teams start adjusting, we’ll know more about him.

Someone on here even said that teams don’t gameplan for him. No one has any way of knowing that. Comments like that are so dumb.
[Reply]
Page 53 of 435
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763103153 > Last »
Up