ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 435
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:58 AM 09-18-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I judge Clark on his body of work. Not just the last two games. Last year, he was one of the best edge players in football, with stats comparable to Mack. He's still that guy. He just doesn't have a sack yet. if you watch him, play after play, you see what a good football player he is. He's absolutely one of the best players on that defense in both games. He just doesn't have the sack stats that make casual fans cream in their jeans.

I'm sure that will come as well.

IF you're judging him poorly on these two games, then you're a SACK STAT guy, in which you're looking at an edge player and saying, " well, if he was 15 sacks for the season, that means he ought to pretty much have one every game". That rarely happens. Sacks tend to come in bunches.

By the end of the season, everybody will be in agreement that Clark is a damned fine player and we're glad to have him.
Sacks AND QB hurries AND TFLs

He has one TFL. Against the Raiders. No sacks, no hurries. Against a Jags team with a backup OT.

Frank Clark the player doesn't suck, but... oh, I don't know. I kinda expected him to make more than a couple "underrated" big plays especially against Jacksonville. Like, where he directly disrupts the play. That's kinda what I thought we were getting when Seattle gouged the fuck out of us and we paid him $100 million. Especially when he was going up against dudes who weren't exactly Willie Roaf.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:34 AM 09-18-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

He has one TFL. Against the Raiders. No sacks, no hurries. Against a Jags team with a backup OT.

Frank Clark the player doesn't suck, but... oh, I don't know. I kinda expected him to make more than a couple "underrated" big plays especially against Jacksonville. Like, where he directly disrupts the play. That's kinda what I thought we were getting when Seattle gouged the **** out of us and we paid him $100 million. Especially when he was going up against dudes who weren't exactly Willie Roaf.
:-)
[Reply]
srvy 06:39 AM 09-18-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Questioning Jones as a team player?? Dude could’ve sat out and enabled to be paid but what happened? He reported to training camp. No complaints nothing. So take this idk if Jones is a team player and turn it sideways and shove it straight up your candy ass!
You missed his point he meant he freelances sometimes to the detriment of team defense. It leads to big plays on his part and also the opposite.
[Reply]
tmax63 06:54 AM 09-18-2019
You can expect a sack, 3 TFL and 5 QB hurries every game but it isn't realistic. He's drawing the opposing teams attention and that's letting CJ or another DL have a dominant game. Now that CJ had a big game the other team will pay more attention to him and Clark will have a good game coming, or one of the other DL's. The quality is there on the d-line. Kinda like the offense. Watkins had a monster day at Jax so the Raiders took him away and DRob had a monster game. Baltimore has to decide now do they stress their coverage against, Watkins or DRob or Kelce. It will be the same against the D-line. Do you stress protection against FC or CJ. Forget about Nnadi and Okafor and they might just blow up big. It's about recognizing who the other team has decided to "take away" and making adjustments to take advantage of that. And I was happy to see the adjustments come in the 1st quarter against the Raiders instead of at halftime or never.
[Reply]
-King- 06:58 AM 09-18-2019
I judge Clark on his body of work. Not just the last two games. Last year, he was one of the best edge players in football, with stats comparable to Mack. He's still that guy. He just doesn't have a sack yet. if you watch him, play after play, you see what a good football player he is. He's absolutely one of the best players on that defense in both games. He just doesn't have the sack stats that make casual fans cream in their jeans.

I'm sure that will come as well.

IF you're judging him poorly on these two games, then you're a SACK STAT guy, in which you're looking at an edge player and saying, " well, if he was 15 sacks for the season, that means he ought to pretty much have one every game". That rarely happens. Sacks tend to come in bunches.

By the end of the season, everybody will be in agreement that Clark is a damned fine player and we're glad to have him.
So basically you can't grade a game? This is the stupidest shit ever. And I'm sure you only say this about a player who's underwhelming. If he was playing well, your have no problem with people talking about him playing great do far this season.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 07:22 AM 09-18-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Frank Clark the player doesn't suck, but... oh, I don't know. I kinda expected him to make more than a couple "underrated" big plays especially against Jacksonville. Like, where he directly disrupts the play. That's kinda what I thought we were getting when Seattle gouged the **** out of us and we paid him $100 million. Especially when he was going up against dudes who weren't exactly Willie Roaf.
re-watch both games and focus only on Clark. The amount of double teams and chips he draws is opening up rush lanes for everyone else. When teams decide to focus Jones instead, he will 'show up' more for the casual audience. Jags and Raiders also ran an obscene amount of 3 step game which is intended to take away the pass rush. Most 3rd and long situations, or deep pass plays, had 7 guys in protection. All-22 shows this, which is why a lot of film guys are not screaming 'Clark sucks'. There's just too many variables going on to say he flat out is terrible.
[Reply]
notorious 07:24 AM 09-18-2019
As long as he blows up in the playoffs I don't give a shit.

Play great when the lights are brightest. Fuck the mundane shitty regular season games.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:28 AM 09-18-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
So basically you can't grade a game? This is the stupidest shit ever. And I'm sure you only say this about a player who's underwhelming. If he was playing well, your have no problem with people talking about him playing great do far this season.

Then actually grade the game... Just don't look at the box score and say he sucked. Those of us who actually watch football, and even re-watch the game and focus on players, realize he has been a valuable addition to the team. If Ford was still here they would have raped our C/D gap to that side.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:35 AM 09-18-2019
You think Clark hasn't played a good game?

Is there a functional difference between, say, sniffing out a screen, hustling over, and dumping the RB for a loss and a sack?

There's not. Same result.

He's done that a few times already.

Your logic is circular.

You've said-you want to see Khalil Mack type numbers.

Well, I showed you how his numbers stack up pretty well against Mack last season. I also showed you how his numbers stack up against Mack THIS year, in these two games. Pretty much identical, with one sack vs. one INT being the only difference.

So stop trying to move the goalposts.

You and the other 'Frank Clark sucks' or 'Frank Clark isn't playing well' people are all seriously overreacting.
[Reply]
-King- 07:39 AM 09-18-2019
You think Clark hasn't played a good game?

Is there a functional difference between, say, sniffing out a screen, hustling over, and dumping the RB for a loss and a sack?

There's not. Same result.

He's done that a few times already.

Your logic is circular.

You've said-you want to see Khalil Mack type numbers.

Well, I showed you how his numbers stack up pretty well against Mack last season. I also showed you how his numbers stack up against Mack THIS year, in these two games. Pretty much identical, with one sack vs. one INT being the only difference.

So stop trying to move the goalposts.

You and the other 'Frank Clark sucks' or 'Frank Clark isn't playing well' people are all seriously overreacting.
He has one tackle for loss. So how has he dumped the RB for a loss "a few times already"?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:45 AM 09-18-2019
He has one tackle for loss. So how has he dumped the RB for a loss "a few times already"?
Dude.

Just stop.

He's ruined a few screens to his side. If one was a tackle for a loss, and another was a tackle for no gain, or a batted/tipped ball, whatever.

You're a child.

Watch the games. Where does the opposition have success? Running right. Where was Jacob's big run? Right through Jones' hole. Teams are literally running away from Clark and doubling and chipping him every play. He's owning the left side of line of scrimmage. Just stop it already.
[Reply]
-King- 07:47 AM 09-18-2019
Dude.

Just stop.

He's ruined a few screens to his side. If one was a tackle for a loss, and another was a tackle for no gain, or a batted/tipped ball, whatever.

You're a child.
So what you're saying is that he HASNT had a few of those already?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:48 AM 09-18-2019
So what you're saying is that he HASNT had a few of those already?

why don't you go away and let the adults talk?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:50 AM 09-18-2019
You want Khalil Mack numbers, you literally have Khalil Mack numbers. Quit moving the goalposts.

I've shown you you're wrong. Now you're just being an ass.
[Reply]
-King- 07:50 AM 09-18-2019
why don't you go away and let the adults talk?
You're the one who said he's stopped RBs a few times for a loss. When he hasn't.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 435
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Up