ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 123 of 315
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133173223 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sandbox Simulations is open for business! Sign up now!
Rain Man 04:29 PM 02-24-2019
Not available in stores! Buy now! Special price of only $1 for a limited time only. We're up and running!

Go to www.sandboxsimulations.com to sign up. (You can learn more about the game as well.)

For the time being, we set the price to $1, and we can't limit it to just the game testers, so if you're interested, you'll also get the $1 price. Just sign up.

This is a fresh reset, so everyone will have new teams and we'll do a new draft.

Also, please give us any feedback about what you like or don't like, and how we can improve navigation. We've updated all of the systems, so there's a chance that errors are lurking somewhere, but we think we're good to go now. Let us know if something bad happens to you.
[Reply]
wheeler08 07:19 AM 09-30-2019
On who?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:32 AM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
fucking clay waits til there is like 2 hours left to put a bid in

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:38 AM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So are guards gonna stay tier 3 and I should go ahead and sign mine or what?
Gents, I can't get into FA until I sign my damn roster and I can't sign my roster until I know what the players cost.

CD, Rainman - what's the story here?
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:04 AM 09-30-2019
Gents, I can't get into FA until I sign my damn roster and I can't sign my roster until I know what the players cost.

CD, Rainman - what's the story here?
Sorry. Guards are 4, right tackles are 3.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:36 AM 09-30-2019
you should make the bidding anonymous and not have an amount set. Everyone gets a chance to put in a bid on a player if they want and at the end of the free agency whoever has the highest bid gets them.
[Reply]
wheeler08 09:01 AM 09-30-2019
you should make the bidding anonymous and not have an amount set. Everyone gets a chance to put in a bid on a player if they want and at the end of the free agency whoever has the highest bid gets them.
Like fanstasy waiver wire
[Reply]
wheeler08 09:01 AM 09-30-2019
Because with the 3 days resetting, with no deadline this could drag out for weeks
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:23 AM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
Because with the 3 days resetting, with no deadline this could drag out for weeks
We had this conversation about 6 years ago (or whenever this thing shuttered).

The idea is ultimately that this game is kinda supposed to take a long time. Remember - the offseason is 6 months long. The 'drag out' concern just isn't one that moves the needle much with the powers that be.

I do kinda feel like there oughta be some step downs as the bidding progresses (ultimately you're looking at like 2 teams that are really doing bidding anyway on a lot of these guys) but I understand why they have it set this way as well.

And yeah - it takes a bit...
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:27 AM 09-30-2019
We could possibly do that, but I like the fun of knowing who I'm screwing over when I raise a bid. If a division rival really needs someone, I may bid more, or even bid on a guy I don't really need just to drive the price up.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:29 AM 09-30-2019
We had this conversation about 6 years ago (or whenever this thing shuttered).

The idea is ultimately that this game is kinda supposed to take a long time. Remember - the offseason is 6 months long. The 'drag out' concern just isn't one that moves the needle much with the powers that be.

I do kinda feel like there oughta be some step downs as the bidding progresses (ultimately you're looking at like 2 teams that are really doing bidding anyway on a lot of these guys) but I understand why they have it set this way as well.

And yeah - it takes a bit...
Yeah, I think the big challenge for cdcox and I as owners is keeping the players engaged so they'll renew their memberships. Trickling out the free agents is really the only way to keep people active all year. We'll see how it goes, but I'm hoping it helps us with retention when we launch commercially.
[Reply]
wheeler08 11:48 AM 09-30-2019
When you launch commercially, is there yearly prize winnings?
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:08 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
When you launch commercially, is there yearly prize winnings?
We've gone back and forth on that. We won't initially, but I could see a pilot experiment at some point. I'm concerned that it'll increase interest in hacking or cheating or other nefarious stuff, so we'd want to have everything completely locked down before considering it.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:22 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Yeah, I think the big challenge for cdcox and I as owners is keeping the players engaged so they'll renew their memberships. Trickling out the free agents is really the only way to keep people active all year. We'll see how it goes, but I'm hoping it helps us with retention when we launch commercially.
I personally like the "drag out" process. Not all of us, unlike Clay, have the time/want to check something every day. I think this free agent process is pretty smooth actually and still gives someone like myself time to make adjustments while holding down a steady job.

The only complaint I have about the free agent process is when clicking on a guy to view his stats, when you return back to the free agent screen, it starts you back at the top of the free agent pool and does not retain organization by position. That process slows down scrolling and researching players quite a bit.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:25 PM 09-30-2019
Fucking right click open new tab geeze
[Reply]
lewdog 08:29 PM 09-30-2019
Fucking right click open new tab geeze
Holy fucking shit.

I did not know that.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 123 of 315