ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 117 of 172
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127167 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:21 AM 05-30-2022
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
Just relax and have a Beignet by Mitch. :-)
The absurdity of bringing battle-worn beignets as a dinner party gift [beignets have a shelf life of like 5 minutes out of the fryer].

The absurdity of that entire chase with Barry babying that janky wrecked dirt bike through LA traffic, and he holds onto the beignets the entire time.

Then the absurdity of the dinner party host using those battle worn, intact beignets to poison a blindsided Barry in the end.

And the best part is the anticipation, . . . you know something completely unanticipated and off-the-wall will save Barry from certain death, . . . but WHAT?!?! Stay tuned next week.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:26 AM 05-30-2022
Oh yeah, you know Barry will survive because he’s the show. I’m going to rewatch the episode, I want to see the roof shootout again. :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:29 AM 05-30-2022
Oh yeah, you know Barry will survive because he’s the show. I’m going to rewatch the episode, I want to see the roof shootout again. :-)
Don't be surprised if every single word of wisdom dispensed by Mitch 'pays off' [as in everyone will ignore it to their detriment] over the rest of the season, . . he already warned Barry off the dinner party.

Another Coen staple, a random dumbass giving advice that could have averted the entire tragic narrative to come.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:25 PM 05-30-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Don't be surprised if every single word of wisdom dispensed by Mitch 'pays off' [as in everyone will ignore it to their detriment] over the rest of the season, . . he already warned Barry off the dinner party.

Another Coen staple, a random dumbass giving advice that could have averted the entire tragic narrative to come.
He also warned Hank about Cristobal.

Oh and I’m starting to think that Bill Hader has a “Sauce” fetish.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:30 PM 05-31-2022
Veronica Falcon (who is the cartel leaders sister in Ozark) was kind of an annoying character for me in Ozark. But holy shit, she’s a bad ass in QotS. Love her character (oddly with the same first name, Camila) in this series! Season 2 although only a few episodes in, is just as good as season 1. Great show!
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 01:52 AM 06-01-2022

And the best part is the anticipation, . . . you know something completely unanticipated and off-the-wall will save Barry from certain death, . . . but WHAT?!?! Stay tuned next week.
I have to be honest, right when I saw him choking it felt like one of his dream sequences. I bet it didn’t happen. We will see Sunday.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 07:03 AM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by Jenson71:
I was geared up to pulling the trigger on Paramount+ for this purpose. But the early reviews deterred me. The trailer also looked really . . . fantastical, or exaggerated.

I'm very willing to be persuaded to jump in.
It started off a little slow, but the last 3 episodes have been great. I just wish they’d dump the whole thing at once. I don’t like waiting week to week.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 04:59 PM 06-01-2022
One show I've been pleasantly surprised with is 'I Love That for You'

It's on Showtime, about 4 or so [1/2hr] eps in.

Don't know how this particular metric will register with others, but the key is that co-creators/writers/producers include Michael Showalter and Jessi Klein.

They are each shaping up to be two of the very tops for sitcom/dramedy writing. So much of what they're involved with has that certain snap that keeps you interested and crisp lines that crack you up.

The humor in this is the little details, so you have to pay attention to enjoy it. The meta-story isn't all that groundbreaking, and Vanessa Bayer and Molly Shannon and certainly the situation of fashion and home-shopping isn't everyone's cup of tea, but the visuals and the little lines of snark and the patter is what will make you laugh.

And Jenifer Lewis is at the top of her game, comedically and dramatically in equal measure.

If you go to the Showtime channel on youtube - attached to the trailer above if you can't find it otherwise, they even have the first two episodes for free streaming. . .
Gelat, Biscot, Spaghet.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:27 PM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I’m enjoying Tokyo Vice on HBO. Really solid Japanese underworld crime drama. Tokyo is such an amazing city.
Watched this one.

I didn't realize Michael Mann was involved. It has a very VERY Heat feel to it, which is excellent.

I thought it was really good, and I didn't feel like I knew where it was going. Unfortunately I have to wait for another season.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 06:36 PM 06-04-2022
Gelat, Biscot, Spaghet.
Funniest part so far IMO.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:45 PM 06-05-2022
I have to be honest, right when I saw him choking it felt like one of his dream sequences. I bet it didn’t happen. We will see Sunday.
Speaking of dream sequences. . .

Oh, and a haiku for the evening

Yep, that's what I thought,
You were doing, but I did
Not want to be rude
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 10:50 PM 06-05-2022
Seeing Hank vulnerable makes me sad even though it shouldn’t. He’s nicer than most of the criminals in that life but he’s still just as evil as they are. This scene from season 2 revealed it.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:14 PM 06-05-2022
Seeing Hank vulnerable makes me sad even though it shouldn’t. He’s nicer than most of the criminals in that life but he’s still just as evil as they are. This scene from season 2 revealed it.
When I talk about efficient humor, Hank dropping 'told you to get out of THE Dodge' is what I'm referring to.

Serious scene, with a little drop to remind you of Hank's penchant for malapropisms.

Similarly, in the most recent episode, they tidily established Natalia's new entitled demeanor with 'ding, ding!!'

Too entitled and self-absorbed to push a mere elevator button now that she's a showrunner, she put her assistant in her place with a sunny veneer. . .
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:29 PM 06-05-2022
When I talk about efficient humor, Hank dropping 'told you to get out of THE Dodge' is what I'm referring to.

Serious scene, with a little drop to remind you of Hank's penchant for malapropisms.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 08:54 AM 06-06-2022
I can’t think about Natalie without saying “sthweetie, time to milk the cows.”
[Reply]
Page 117 of 172
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127167 > Last »
Up