ChiefRocka 11:41 AM 02-15-2013
Bitcoin disrupts gold
Ethereum disrupts financial services
There will be others...

[Reply]
Taco John 12:31 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Have fun trying to sell your XRP dipshit
lol - What does that even mean? Truly puzzled at what point you think you're making.
[Reply]
scho63 07:38 AM 12-01-2021
You two take your squabbles back to DC and leave this thread for investment talk.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:43 AM 12-01-2021
CRO

Buy it
[Reply]
Shaid 10:19 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
CRO

Buy it
More info needed
[Reply]
Taco John 01:16 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
You two take your squabbles back to DC and leave this thread for investment talk.
Hey, I just came in to tell people about an awesome airdrop (XRP >to> SOLO) and got attacked for it. If I get attacked, I'll defend myself like anyone else would.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 02:00 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by Shaid:
More info needed
We’re discussing it on the Orange Mane right now.
[Reply]
Shaid 02:55 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
We’re discussing it on the Orange Mane right now.
:-)
[Reply]
Taco John 01:51 AM 12-02-2021
Holy shit. Sologenic is going parabolic right now.

The coin itself is at an all time high, so I wouldn't personally buy it on its own - though that said, it's use case is VERY compelling - essentially tokenizing stocks and derivatives and trading them on their platform. They're trying to be the next evolution of RobinHood so far as it looks to me.

Their airdrop is insane, though. You can get details on it here. The numbers that they gave in the blog post are 20% per XRP. So basically for every 5 XRP you hold, you will get 1 SOLO. Right now XRP is trading for just under a buck, while SOLO is pushing $6.00. Do the math.

Not investment advice, but this is free money ... if you can buy some XRP and figure out how to set up a SOLO trustline.

Do what you want, but there's no dog coin out there handing out free money like this.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 05:01 AM 12-02-2021
It’s very easy to pump tokens on a blockchain when you own 60% of the circulating supply. XRP is still centralized shit, cut your losses EnchilladaJohn
[Reply]
Taco John 11:14 AM 12-02-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka:
It’s very easy to pump tokens on a blockchain when you own 60% of the circulating supply. XRP is still centralized shit, cut your losses EnchilladaJohn
You're talking about every coin. 42% of all bitcoins are owned by less than two percent of all Bitcoin holders. At the very top of the Bitcoin pyramid, there are three addresses that contain more than 100,000 bitcoin each. According to River Financial, these wallets belong to Binance, Bitfinex, "and another address, whose identity is unknown." River says that these three addresses collectively own more than 575,000 bitcoin.

If decentralization is about how many and who owns the coin, then no coin is decentralized. If it's about the mechanics of the coin (i.e. the validation) then, yes, XRP is decentralized.

Telling me to cut my losses when I'm insanely up on my investments doesn't make a lot of sense.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 01:07 PM 12-02-2021
Originally Posted by Taco John:
You're talking about every coin. 42% of all bitcoins are owned by less than two percent of all Bitcoin holders. At the very top of the Bitcoin pyramid, there are three addresses that contain more than 100,000 bitcoin each. According to River Financial, these wallets belong to Binance, Bitfinex, "and another address, whose identity is unknown." River says that these three addresses collectively own more than 575,000 bitcoin.

If decentralization is about how many and who owns the coin, then no coin is decentralized. If it's about the mechanics of the coin (i.e. the validation) then, yes, XRP is decentralized.

Telling me to cut my losses when I'm insanely up on my investments doesn't make a lot of sense.
ChimichangaJohn, Are you really using Satoshi Nakamoto’s wallet combined with reputable crypto exchange wallets as your primary argument against unfair distribution? 60% of XRP is 100% owned by like three known people. I was talking strictly about your XRP investment over the past four years.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 01:13 PM 12-02-2021
ChimichangaJohn, Are you really using Satoshi Nakamoto’s wallet combined with reputable crypto exchange wallets as your primary argument against unfair distribution? 60% of XRP is 100% owned by like three known people. I was talking strictly about your XRP investment over the past four years.
Shorter sentences please. This is a guy who doesn’t understand liquidity or market cap, all while shilling a coin that isn’t even trading at 2017 levels.
[Reply]
Taco John 02:17 PM 12-02-2021
First, I don't believe there is such a thing as "unfair distribution," so to speak. Or to state it inversely, there's no such thing as a "fair" distribution. It's a myth. A "fair" distribution would be an equal amount of whatever asset to virtually everyone.

I look at cryptos the way they should be looked at: as valuable commodities. In the case of XRP, I see it as the most valuable digital asset (in terms of long term utility) ever created. It doesn't bother me that the custodian of it is distributing it on the market the way a farmer would distribute their crops on a market to whoever wants them. Especially since right now you can get them for virtually free relative to their true value.

I think we will see a day when people will kick themselves for not even buying $100 in XRP because even that amount would be meaningful over the long term at these prices. But I get it. A lot of people are subscribed to the bitcoin religion. I personally think bitcoin is a psyop. I'm not invested in bitcoin because I think it will eventually be a great rug pull.

I guess we'll see. What I know for now is that I am insanely up on my XRP investment. I was buying in 2017, so I've accumulated a fair amount of the currency. Patience is paying off big time. The coin has a long ways to go before getting to it's true value - which will eventually be hundreds of trillions of dollars in a golden age of digital value flowing through it.
[Reply]
Taco John 02:28 PM 12-02-2021
And to be clear, XRP is a coin that serves as a conduit for any tokenized digital asset. It's not competing with Bitcoin because Bitcoin can't do what XRP does. No coin can currently -
not even XLM (though it theoretically could if it had the development resources behind it that XRP does). XRP is more of a tokenized protocol for instant value exchange than it is anything else. Bitcoin is a store of value. XRP will be used in the future to provide mass liquidity for virtually any tokenized digital asset. Bitcoin simply can't do that.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 03:33 PM 12-02-2021
Originally Posted by Taco John:
And to be clear, XRP is a coin that serves as a conduit for any tokenized digital asset. It's not competing with Bitcoin because Bitcoin can't do what XRP does. No coin can currently -
not even XLM
Its like talking to a child who won’t give up their woobie at age 7.

Ethereum does everything you speak of and its not a security.

"If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry." -SN
[Reply]
Page 239 of 261
« First < 139189229235236237238239 240241242243249 > Last »
Up