ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Jerrion Ealy
RunKC 08:39 AM 05-08-2022
Anyone checked this kid out? Smaller RB but very versatile. Had at least 5 YPC or better in the SEC. It’s crazy to me that this kid was running through and breaking tackles of SEC defenders at 5’8” 190 lbs.

Found it interesting that the Chiefs have him listed as a RB/WR in their team minicamp. He’s a really slippery strong back who can really catch the ball (PFF 2nd highest receiving grade of any draft eligible back). Good vision, overall weapon hard nosed player. 3X All-SEC performer. Ran a 4.43 at his pro day.

Looked at some ole miss boards and they loved him.

Former 5 ⭐️ - Jerrion Ealy has a legit shot at making the final 53 in KC as an UDFA pic.twitter.com/kEheb5tZ08

— 𝙰𝚗𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚠 𝙻𝚎𝚎𝚑𝚢 (@DoOrDieNasty) May 4, 2022

Jerrion Ealy is the slipperiest back in the #NFLDraft and the Kansas City Chiefs got him without even drafting him 🤧pic.twitter.com/HWcCaAj9ZL

— Grayson Weir (@GsonJW) May 1, 2022

[Reply]
Kiimo 10:58 AM 05-08-2022
He looks way more durable than DAT I will give him that
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 11:00 AM 05-08-2022
Have high hopes for this guy!
[Reply]
JPH83 11:50 AM 05-08-2022
I liked him in the draft more than Pacheco. Think the issue will be his blocking and how much that restricts him. CEH and Rojo don't block well so presumably Pacheco is intended for that, Ealy's the speedster. If he's a more durable, slightly worse version of McKinnon he'll be very useful. No idea what his catching is like to be honest.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:50 AM 05-08-2022
Future HOF'r
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:09 PM 05-08-2022
I was really high on him going into the draft, stoked that we got him!

Ealy has clocked a 4.37 sec 40-yard dash, has never dropped a pass, returns kicks and punts. Had 94 total TD's in HS!

Jerrion Ealy, RB, Old Miss (5'9 185 lbs) - 5.8 yards per carry
https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/...aly-RB-OleMiss

Elusive, pogo stick-quick back with excellent initial burst and very good long speed. Gets to top speed quickly. Turns the corner and accelerates smoothly with vision to cut or stop-and-start. Tough enough to attack the hole inside and uses electric lateral agility to avoid.

Breakaway threat has improved as a receiver

Natural athlete - played baseball to high level and was considered the next "Kyler Murray" by some.

Possesses very quick feet to accelerate through the hole - set records on the track at high school. Good lateral agility and balance to avoid defenders in tight quarters and can make would-be tacklers look silly in the open field. Surprisingly powerful for his short stature due to a strong lower body, good forward lean and determined running.

Creative with good vision and patience, quick feet and smooth footwork to easily change direction and make sharp cuts to elude defenders in space. Very good lateral agility; difficult to square-up in tight areas with his smallish frame.

Wasn't used as a receiver very often but when he was looked very good and never had a dropped pass

A balanced runner with good combination of wiggle and lower body strength. Possesses above average initial burst with natural explosion and start-and- stop ability to make guys miss - can turn on the jets in a flash.

He has some impressive highlights, plays bigger than expected, can catch, is fast and elusive:

Check out these highlights! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-V49pr8xq0
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:45 PM 05-08-2022
He might stick on the roster for the returns alone, we are in short supply with those guys considering Skyy doesn't do them and neither does Juju (9 returns in his entire career)

edit: and neither does MVS
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:58 PM 05-08-2022
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:

Check out these highlights! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-V49pr8xq0

um how did this guy not get drafted
[Reply]
TwistedChief 01:12 PM 05-08-2022
This guy's highlight reel > Pachecho's highlight reel
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:14 PM 05-08-2022
I agree. I mean maybe both will make the team but I can't figure out how a guy with this reel who averaged 5.8 ypc in the SEC and never dropped a pass and breaks tackles and is this shifty and has legit breakaway ability didn't get drafted??

I'm suddenly very excited about this guy.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:20 PM 05-08-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I agree. I mean maybe both will make the team but I can't figure out how a guy with this reel who averaged 5.8 ypc in the SEC and never dropped a pass and breaks tackles and is this shifty and has legit breakaway ability didn't get drafted??

I'm suddenly very excited about this guy.
I had him in my mock prior to the draft. I honestly think he could make CEH expendable, assuming CEH would have any trade value.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:48 PM 05-08-2022
I had him in my mock prior to the draft. I honestly think he could make CEH expendable, assuming CEH would have any trade value.
We could trade CEH to Oakland OR Denver for a 2nd. Those two teams are morons.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 02:29 PM 05-08-2022
If our o-line continues to mature and gel as it should and the injury bug stays away any back we have will avg. 4.5 to 5 ypc. IMHO. But yes we do need a serious accelerated RB. I have seen both Ealy, CEH and Pacheco highlights.

Pacheco dances too much before he decides to burst which tells you it takes too long for him to process where the hole or seam will be thus allows defensive players more of a chance to catch up and tackle him. I don't see an elite accelerated burst to him.

CEH does not run with vision and or not looking for the seam or looking for the seam to develop. He is just not a smart runner, always running with his head down when he initially gets the handoff which has him always running into his own linemen. CEH looks as if he should have burst in his runs but he has no burst. I've never seen it.

Ealy is a true natural RB who not only has burst but is very patient waiting on his blockers to give him his hole or provide that seam that he clearly sees before it opens up. This is one of the big things I look for in a RB is his vision and does he show patience in his blockers to set that up for him. He does a fantastic job of this and also does this very well as a ST return guy. Ealy has extremely quick feet that are 'efficient' in hitting the hole. He definitely has the burst but the great thing about his burst is he knows to when to go from 1st to 6th gear in a heartbeat.
[Reply]
Chieftain 02:48 PM 05-08-2022
I was very surprised as well. The kid looks like a Damian Williams clone to me. It would be shocking if he doesn't make the roster judging by that tape.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:00 PM 05-08-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
If our o-line continues to mature and gel as it should and the injury bug stays away any back we have will avg. 4.5 to 5 ypc. IMHO. But yes we do need a serious accelerated RB. I have seen both Ealy, CEH and Pacheco highlights.

Pacheco dances too much before he decides to burst which tells you it takes too long for him to process where the hole or seam will be thus allows defensive players more of a chance to catch up and tackle him. I don't see an elite accelerated burst to him.

CEH does not run with vision and or not looking for the seam or looking for the seam to develop. He is just not a smart runner, always running with his head down when he initially gets the handoff which has him always running into his own linemen. CEH looks as if he should have burst in his runs but he has no burst. I've never seen it.

Ealy is a true natural RB who not only has burst but is very patient waiting on his blockers to give him his hole or provide that seam that he clearly sees before it opens up. This is one of the big things I look for in a RB is his vision and does he show patience in his blockers to set that up for him. He does a fantastic job of this and also does this very well as a ST return guy. Ealy has extremely quick feet that are 'efficient' in hitting the hole. He definitely has the burst but the great thing about his burst is he knows to when to go from 1st to 6th gear in a heartbeat.
Disagree about Pacheco. He ran a 4.37 40 which was the fastest time in the RB class and his burst is one of his best assets imo. He also ripped off many homerun touchdowns so when the holes were there he took full advantage of them. Running behind a bad line would make any RB dance now and then so I'm not holding that against him. The bottom line is he's got a good nfl build, rapid speed, can catch the ball, block for his qb and return kicks. Can't ask for much more than that tbh but we'll see if it translates on the field.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 03:05 PM 05-08-2022
I think CEH would show more of what made him a 1st rd pick on a team like NE that would use him out of the backfield more and not ask him to do things that are outside of his skillset too often. I also think we could easily do that oursleves
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up