Page 12 of 25
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson Suspended 6 Games [increased to 11 games]
Rams Fan 06:35 AM 08-01-2022

Deshaun Watson suspended six games. https://t.co/WfC74deQM6

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) August 1, 2022

[Reply]
RealSNR 06:28 AM 08-02-2022
I said a couple weeks ago the Browns also need to face punishment by the NFL for being such reckless pukes rewarding a scumbag like Watson in the manner which they did without doing their due diligence or being patient and waiting. I get if the market was forcing a deal at the time and they wanted in on it, they had to make something work, particularly since Watson told them to get fucked on the money and the draft picks. Ultimately, it's a failing of the NFL that they let any of this shit go through without properly pushing a pause button until they figured their shit out.

The statement from Haslem is just proof of what scum they are in Cleveland. As far as I'm concerned, they're no longer lovable losers. They're just losers now. And they're deserving of forever wandering the desert, never tasting from the cup of victory.

Since the NFL won't be fining or punishing the Browns in any way, I hope Watson gets horrifically injured and the Browns go back into the toilet as a result of their ridiculous contract.

Fuck them. Fuck them to death.
[Reply]
PHOG 07:19 AM 08-02-2022
I guess I don't understand why it couldn't have been 6 games per victim. I understand they (NFL) only pursued 4 victims in the case, but why couldn't it have been, "Ok, victim 1 = 6 games, victim 2 = 6 games, victim 3 = 6 games, victim 4 = 6 games. 24 games total, with no contact permitted with the NFL during suspension." :-)
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:29 AM 08-02-2022
Bodily fluids use to be a deadly weapon. Science, next year BFs may cure tomato leaf rot
[Reply]
kccrow 08:28 AM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
The judge describes him as a non violent sexual predator and someone who has damaged the reputation of the NFL and it's players.

I don't understand how there isn't at least a significant fine.
The fines are defined by the player conduct policy. He can't be issued a fine depending on anything more than his per-game earnings for that contract year.

He's only scheduled to make like 1.0 million this year, and they structured his contract like that fully expecting he'd be suspended. 1 mil divided by 17 games is just over 58.8k per game. Multiply that by 6 games and it's about 352k. That's his fine. That's also why Hopkins' fine is substantially larger because his salary this year is much higher.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:46 PM 08-03-2022
NFL is appealing.

Roger Goodell actually doing good this week between this and the Dolphins.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:02 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
NFL is appealing.

Roger is gonna come out looking like a hero after the pissed off public reaction to 6 games.

He's gonna give Watson a year and everyone but Browns fans will cheer.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:05 PM 08-03-2022
Watson's team and the NFLPA already threatened to take it to court if the NFL appealed. Could get very interesting.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:07 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
NFL is appealing.

Disagree about the Dolphins. Once again the owners are let off the hook. He tried tp pay for their HC to purposely lose games. It was not a joke, he was serious. What if a player took a payoff? The guy has 8 billion and the fine was 1.5 million. He's almost never around the team anyway so the suspension is nothing and he has another 1st rounder anyway.

Owners talk shit about integrity of the game be this guy got nothing while Ridley lost 11 mil over a tiny bet.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:09 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Watson's team and the NFLPA already threatened to take it to court if the NFL appealed. Could get very interesting.
Take it to court, go ahead. If history is any indication the NFL will still win.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 03:09 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Zero chance Watson risks losing chunks of his 45M salary next year vs whatever of his 1M salary this year. Unless they hit him with a huge fine now as well, which I heard they might do due to that contract structure.
[Reply]
TLO 03:21 PM 08-03-2022
scrolling fast.

[Reply]
TLO 03:28 PM 08-03-2022
if the OP could go ahead and add that.

Thanks
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:44 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Take it to court, go ahead. If history is any indication the NFL will still win.
It will be interesting when the nflpa goes scorched earth and draws more attention to the owner investigations they are actively trying to cover up. The owners don’t have nearly the kind of leverage. And Sue Robinson undoubtedly sided more with the nflpa knowing that goodell set this ridiculous double standard in place
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:50 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It will be interesting when the nflpa goes scorched earth and draws more attention to the owner investigations they are actively trying to cover up. The owners don’t have nearly the kind of leverage. And Sue Robinson undoubtedly sided more with the nflpa knowing that goodell set this ridiculous double standard in place
I doubt they touch it. NFLPA wants no part of bringing heat onto the hand that feeds.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:50 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Also have to wonder if they'll point out the Texans not only enabled the behavior, but streamlined the process for him by providing hotel rooms, massage tables, and other support for him and effectively got with nothing.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 25
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up