ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 159 of 185
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162163169 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:14 AM 01-13-2023
I never meant to imply that GK's sacks didn't count, or were worth less because of Chris Jones. I was simply saying that he benefits from playing with Chris Jones, which cannot be disputed, and AH doesn't play with anyone nearly as dominant as Chris Jones.

I think GK is going to be a double digit sack guy the rest of his career. His motor and hustle, paired with more experience and improved techniques, are going to make him hard to deal with.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 02:41 AM 01-13-2023
Time for George to try The Greek leak sack celebration. No way that's a flag
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:43 AM 01-13-2023
He should pretend to clean the ball with Windex to celebrate fumble recoveries
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:18 AM 01-19-2023

Coming out of Purdue, Karl’s refined technique is NOT what caught the eye of our GM Brett Veach

Effort & Intelligence drew him to a player many thought would slip out of the 1st round

Here, GK can be seen working on his push-pull move and his get-off b4 the szn (remember this) pic.twitter.com/DggFbCrS6R

— Smartest Guy in the Zoom (@CBreezy_Edits) January 19, 2023

Early-Midseason presented series challenges for the rookie. A lack of confidence, accompanied by a tougher set of opponents, proved too difficult of a challenge.

Here, GK has been put on a stunt inside. His hesitation & lack of intuition prevent him from being effective pic.twitter.com/nzXN8GPGNY

Here, The Green Freak gets a sack in a way many people thought he couldn’t!

Expecting a bull rush, tackle Abraham Lucas doesn’t get deep into his pass set. GK instinctually notices this and swipe Lucas’ hands away, plants on his left foot, and bends around the corner! pic.twitter.com/KTtJOstNjh

Evaluating DL talent at the end of the first round is INCREDIBLY difficult and somehow, yet again, Veach has grabbed a star at a near perfect draft slot.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:42 AM 01-19-2023
that reaction time on realizing the RT's pass set and into the explosion around the edge was niiiice
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:08 PM 01-19-2023
I really like how they rush; it looks choreographed, like they're not just individually trying to get to the QB any way they can, which can lead to breakdowns that allow the QB to take off. You watch that last clip, and it's like the play is designed to basically keep the QB in the pocket, even force him up so he can't just leak out to the left.

Good stuff.
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:32 PM 01-19-2023
Man, Houston was a major steal by the Lions.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 11:59 AM 01-22-2023
Was Karlaftis starting yesterday? I don't think I heard his name called once.

Was really impressed with his progression in the seconds half of the season. I was hoping he'd beast in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:00 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:

Was really impressed with his progression in the seconds half of the season. I was hoping he'd beast in the playoffs.
Quiet game.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:01 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:

The coverage play wasn't really on him, but he was bad throughout against the run and had zero pressures. Not his best game.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:04 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
The coverage play wasn't really on him, but he was bad throughout against the run and had zero pressures. Not his best game.
Well the RT was allowed to get an early start every fucking play.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:05 PM 01-22-2023
Yup - Karlaftis had a playoff rookie game.

He was pretty much completely ineffective. But fortunately Danna and Dunlap played solid ball in his stead and the rotation opposite of Clark ended up being adequate.

Definitely his worst game in awhile.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:10 PM 01-22-2023
The rookie season wall is a real thing.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:13 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The rookie season wall is a real thing.
I think it's nerves, honestly.

Because we didn't see George trending down - we saw him trending up through week 18. I don't think suddenly, after a week of rest, he cratered and ran out of juice.

I think he just got tight. Probably overthinking.

I mean think of how completely inept Chris Jones looked against Baltimore in that game he played at DE last season. Why? Because he was in his head. It wasn't because he couldn't physically dominate from DE - hell, he HAS physically dominated from DE multiple times this season.

He was just thinking rather than reacting and it snowballed on him.

I feel like that's what we got from GK yesterday. He was just playing tight; a little nervous. And it got in his head.

Dunlap, while he wasn't all over the scoresheet, was hugely critical yesterday as a steadying defensive presence out there. You could tell he was just going out there and chopping wood while George was trying to feel his way through some jitters.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:20 PM 01-22-2023
George was quiet but we had a number of rookies who looked really good. Pacheco has found his groove. It looked like his best game. What a pick by Watson as well.
[Reply]
Page 159 of 185
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162163169 > Last »
Up