ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 143 of 1209
« First < 4393133139140141142143 1441451461471531932436431143 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Stewie 04:01 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
DiGiorno is in the uncanny valley for me. I'd rather have cheap pizza or real pizza.
DiGiorno has changed. The local HyVee was selling them for $3.99 last year and I bought a couple. It was the sauce and spice combination that made me take notice.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:02 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by Stewie:
DiGiorno has changed. The local HyVee was selling them for $3.99 last year and I bought a couple. It was the sauce and spice combination that made me take notice.

Changed in a good or bad way? It's probably been 3 years since I had one.
[Reply]
Stewie 04:04 PM 04-29-2016
Changed in a good or bad way? It's probably been 3 years since I had one.
Worse.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:16 PM 04-29-2016
Worse.

Good to know. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 05:06 PM 04-29-2016
Totinos or nothing for me.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:09 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Totinos or nothing for me.

I do love me some Totino's.
[Reply]
Buzz 05:18 PM 04-29-2016
Running late, so it will be an Aldi Chicken, Spinach, Garlic self-rising pizza. Best frozen pizza IMO. Beats DiGiorno, etc... Only $3.49, too.

I tried the regular Aldi frozen pizza and didn't care for it. They sure sell the heck out of those big box take and bake ones but I have never tried one. DiGiorno is nasty, taste way to processed, haven't had one in years.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:45 PM 04-29-2016
I do love me some Totino's.
Shit is nasty.

My wife eats that shit. She's a Ho.
[Reply]
Buzz 06:06 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Shit is nasty.

My wife eats that shit. She's a Ho.
:-)
[Reply]
Mennonite 01:30 PM 04-30-2016
I made some of Alton Brown's chewy chocolate chip cookies. Not that great. I'd just as soon eat the pre made stuff.

I like his show because he explains why each ingredient is important and what effect it has on the outcome. So, even when I don't like his particular recipe, I still have some idea of what to try to make it more to my liking.
[Reply]
Buzz 05:39 PM 04-30-2016
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
I made some maple syrup chicken wings last night. They were fantastic.

I love chicken wings, this sounds a bit on the sweet side for my taste. I like them fried, but hey, what's not good fried? Going to try some wings, just not in N.C., don't need to get arrested. How do you guy's make or like your wings?
[Reply]
Mennonite 06:01 PM 04-30-2016
Whenever I try to cook something new I will usually buy a ton of stuff and just keep experimenting with it via trial and error until I find something that I like. Last weekend I cooked wings for the first time. I'm sure there are millions of ways of doing them, but I started off with 6 varieties.

1) Basic Buffalo deep fried
2) Basic Buffalo baked
3) Maple
4) An Asian chili style
5) Hot sauce combined with chili and cumin
6) Breaded wings with the basic Buffalo sauce recipe

Of the 6, the baked maple wings had the best flavor. They are fairly sweet, but damn they taste good.

As far as your basic wing, I prefer to deep fry them for ten minutes and then coat them with the sauce. Very simple. Sometimes you get something so basic you can't really improve on it. The fried wings had a better texture, I thought, and they seemed to absorb more of the sauce. I actually marinated the baked Buffalo wings and reapplied more sauce half way through and they still didn't match the deep fried ones, imo.

As far as the Buffalo sauce, I just went with a quarter cup of Frank's hot sauce, and 6 tablespoons of butter. I added a couple of (minced) cloves of garlic. I would probably just use a 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder next time.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:08 PM 04-30-2016
Rigatoni with a meat sauce featuring a sh'load of herbs from my containers in the back yard.
[Reply]
Buzz 06:20 PM 04-30-2016
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Whenever I try to cook something new I will usually buy a ton of stuff and just keep experimenting with it via trial and error until I find something that I like. Last weekend I cooked wings for the first time. I'm sure there are millions of ways of doing them, but I started off with 6 varieties.

1) Basic Buffalo deep fried
2) Basic Buffalo baked
3) Maple
4) An Asian chili style
5) Hot sauce combined with chili and cumin
6) Breaded wings with the basic Buffalo sauce recipe

Of the 6, the baked maple wings had the best flavor. They are fairly sweet, but damn they taste good.

As far as your basic wing, I prefer to deep fry them for ten minutes and then coat them with the sauce. Very simple. Sometimes you get something so basic you can't really improve on it. The fried wings had a better texture, I thought, and they seemed to absorb more of the sauce. I actually marinated the baked Buffalo wings and reapplied more sauce half way through and they still didn't match the deep fried ones, imo.

As far as the Buffalo sauce, I just went with a quarter cup of Frank's hot sauce, and 6 tablespoons of butter. I added a couple of (minced) cloves of garlic. I would probably just use a 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder next time.

I'm not a fan of the traditional buffalo wings, to vinegary. Right now I'm debating between fried, baked or grilled with a light BBQ sauce. Got 4 lbs going into a brine right now.
Attached: 000_0002.jpg (123.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Buzz 06:50 PM 04-30-2016
Rigatoni with a meat sauce featuring a sh'load of herbs from my containers in the back yard.

Pics or it didn't happen Mr. midget pinkies! :-)
[Reply]
Page 143 of 1209
« First < 4393133139140141142143 1441451461471531932436431143 > Last »
Up