ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 96 of 167
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106146 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
staylor26 10:40 AM 06-01-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
While I don't think he gets traded, I'd say today starts the option to a trade, not necessarily the end?
Umm they could’ve had the terms agreed to before today.

If this was all they were waiting on, it would be done.
[Reply]
O.city 10:43 AM 06-01-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Umm they could’ve had the terms agreed to before today.

If this was all they were waiting on, it would be done.
Sure, but they aren't gonna do anything until they have to or their hand is forced.

Today was simply the date that the option to actually do anything was there.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:44 AM 06-01-2021
Sure, but they aren't gonna do anything until they have to or their hand is forced.

Lol a trade isn’t happening dude.

By all means though, keep hope alive.
[Reply]
O.city 10:45 AM 06-01-2021
Lol a trade isn’t happening dude.

By all means though, keep hope alive.
I believe my first post was "While I dont' think a trade happens". But by all means, DON"T READ!!
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:50 AM 06-01-2021
As I've said all along, Rodgers is going nowhere. Next year? Who knows. Nothing is happening this year.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:52 AM 06-01-2021
I believe my first post was "While I dont' think a trade happens". But by all means, DON"T READ!!
Yet you clearly still think it’s still a possibility....
[Reply]
New World Order 10:53 AM 06-01-2021
Rodgers would be leaving a great line, possibly the best receiver in football and an up-and-coming TE in Tonyan.

He may get crushed behind the line in Denver.
[Reply]
O.city 10:56 AM 06-01-2021
Yet you clearly still think it’s still a possibility....
I'm not sure how either of my posts would make that the case?

I mean, anything is possible I guess, but unless he's willing to miss games, I'm doubting this happens.

But whatevs?
[Reply]
RunKC 10:58 AM 06-01-2021
Again I think it’s very possible a trade happens...next Spring
[Reply]
New World Order 11:00 AM 06-01-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Again I think it’s very possible a trade happens...next Spring
Agreed. Gut feeling is they ride with him this year and if they fall short again, they roll with Love.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:00 AM 06-01-2021
I'm not sure how either of my posts would make that the case?

I mean, anything is possible I guess, but unless he's willing to miss games, I'm doubting this happens.

But whatevs?
You’re not sure how I got from your posts that you think a trade is still a possibility? Maybe learn to read your own posts?

Anyways, you seem to be unaware that Broncos fans everywhere, not just KnowMo, have been holding out hope that the holdup was June 1st.

That’s why we’re having this discussion. Yes, theoretically a trade can still happen, but if the Packers had any intention whatsoever of trading him, we’d know by now. That’s why Broncos fans are going to be sad today.
[Reply]
TEX 11:02 AM 06-01-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
As I've said all along, Rodgers is going nowhere. Next year? Who knows. Nothing is happening this year.
...Except crushed Cheating Donx fanboy hopes. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 11:06 AM 06-01-2021

Is this where I insinuated I thought they'd trade him? I'm not sure, I don't read what I write so well.
[Reply]
O.city 11:07 AM 06-01-2021
You’re not sure how I got from your posts that you think a trade is still a possibility? Maybe learn to read your own posts?

Anyways, you seem to be unaware that Broncos fans everywhere, not just KnowMo, have been holding out hope that the holdup was June 1st.

That’s why we’re having this discussion. Yes, theoretically a trade can still happen, but if the Packers had any intention whatsoever of trading him, we’d know by now. That’s why Broncos fans are going to be sad today.
I also quit paying attention to any Bronco fans long ago, so I'm admittedly out of the loop on it.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:12 AM 06-01-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Just as we thought. Poor Knowmo :-)

So wait, you mean he's not going to Denver for some late 1sts and some 4th string players? What is GB thinking?
[Reply]
Page 96 of 167
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106146 > Last »
Up