ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 18
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Have you ever used a personal trainer?
SuperChief 12:42 PM 05-16-2022
Long story short, my wife and I are both starting a new journey w/ fitness and food. We're seeing a dietician soon to get some help with the food part, but we've also been considering getting a personal trainer (either one for both of us or separate - either option is on the table).

Does anyone here have experience with one? What are some good questions to ask to make sure I get the "right" one? Any tips to set us up for success in this process?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:44 PM 05-16-2022
Why pay for all that when you have all the expertise right, Here!

I'll get you started.

I want 100 jumping jacks done and then eat a friggin salad.

There, you're welcome.
[Reply]
dmahurin 12:46 PM 05-16-2022
I talked with/worked with one a little bit at the gym. Planet fitness has one available for all members. 10 bucks a month gets you gym access and a trainer to help guide you out when starting. Even if you want a different gym, 10 bucks a month to have access to a trainer is cheap.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:46 PM 05-16-2022
Billay gave me free training.

Kind of a weird experience though. I wore more leather masks and fuzzy handcuffs than any other workout I’ve ever had.

The camera in the corner of the room was a little odd. I assume he was making demo videos for other clients.
[Reply]
seclark 12:49 PM 05-16-2022
Watch out for your cornhole
sec
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:50 PM 05-16-2022
At the very least they work to help you stay on track. I've seen people have improved results by switching to a personal trainer. It's like hiring one makes you feel more required to stick to your workouts and diet. A combination of the trainer holding you more accountable, and your wallet holding you more accountable.

Anything you can do to help you get into "workout mode" and stay there.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:52 PM 05-16-2022
I used to BE a personal trainer. Worth the money to learn what you are doing and be held accountable for showing up. After you get a routine and start making yourself accountable, you won't need a trainer.

Health is your biggest asset. If you need to pay someone to get started, you're worth the investment.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 12:56 PM 05-16-2022
The participation trophy a 3-way
[Reply]
dmahurin 12:57 PM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I used to BE a personal trainer. Worth the money to learn what you are doing and be held accountable for showing up. After you get a routine and start making yourself accountable, you won't need a trainer.

Health is your biggest asset. If you need to pay someone to get started, you're worth the investment.
I had meniscus repair/cleanup about a year ago. Everything feels fine but I still don't "trust" it if that makes sense. Any good stretches/strength things you would recommend?
[Reply]
lewdog 01:01 PM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by dmahurin:
I had meniscus repair/cleanup about a year ago. Everything feels fine but I still don't "trust" it if that makes sense. Any good stretches/strength things you would recommend?
Holy fuck I'm not giving you exercise advice over the internet for that.

#liability
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:03 PM 05-16-2022
My wife was a personal trainer when we met. I used her to make 2 children. Does that count?
[Reply]
dmahurin 01:06 PM 05-16-2022
Holy fuck I'm not giving you exercise advice over the internet for that.

#liability
Come on, live a little.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:09 PM 05-16-2022
Come on, live a little.
Stretching is pretty over-rated. Do a dynamic warmup instead to get loose and then lift weights with very slow and controlled form for your knee. The variety of exercises are up to you and your prior lifting experience.
[Reply]
dmahurin 01:13 PM 05-16-2022
Stretching is pretty over-rated. Do a dynamic warmup instead to get loose and then lift weights with very slow and controlled form for your knee. The variety of exercises are up to you and your prior lifting experience.
Have you seen the knees over toes guy on YouTube? Is he bullshit or is any of that stuff decent advise?
[Reply]
lewdog 01:16 PM 05-16-2022
Have you seen the knees over toes guy on YouTube? Is he bullshit or is any of that stuff decent advise?
Not really. What's he saying?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 18
1 234511 > Last »
Up