ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>I have an important life decision to make
TLO 07:11 PM 05-15-2022
I've been offered the opportunity to go to our cooperate headquarters in Minnesota to train to become an area director for the corporation I work with.

Right now I make $60k a year. And I'm generally happy with what I do. The area director position is like 85k a year.

The issue is, I don't think I have the money to live in Minnesota for 3 months. I'd be moving back to the KC area after I finish, and I'd want to keep the place I have in KC.

I'm not quite sure what to do. :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 11:44 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by TLO:
They're covering my rent for the location I'll living at in Minnesota, my rent in St. Joe. Plus I have a food/living expenses/entertainment budget as well. On top my regular salary while training. :-)

They basically said whatever I needed/wanted, they would provide.
I suspected they would. (Or at least employers who aren't shitty wouldn't expect someone to take on 3 months of extra expenses.)

Sounds like a great opportunity - good luck!
[Reply]
TinyEvel 05-16-2022, 11:48 AM
This message has been deleted by TinyEvel. Reason: Redundant
GloryDayz 12:36 PM 05-16-2022
They're covering my rent for the location I'll living at in Minnesota, my rent in St. Joe. Plus I have a food/living expenses/entertainment budget as well. On top my regular salary while training. :-)

Outstanding...
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:39 PM 05-16-2022

Just make sure they cover both the cost of your road prostitutes AND any necessary medications after the fact. Learn from my mistakes.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 12:56 PM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Here’s a challenge for you: try not to be such a shitty poster.
I post a lot of things, JR. Many things. Some good things and some challenging things. But guess how I make my trailer living? Published things! So i gotta write even when I dont feel like it.i have to write all the time. I operate one book advance at a time and its not huge money at all. 5 grand last time. So i gotta write, and write, and write. It happens to be how i get my beer money.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:57 PM 05-16-2022

You're going to have some extra dough to take some chicks on some hot dates!

Just don't rent some lame ass car for a date.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 01:41 PM 05-16-2022
If they're going to give you the title of "Director," tell them to up your offer by 20K. 85K seems awfully low, especially in the KC market.
[Reply]
oldman 02:01 PM 05-16-2022
Just be careful with the entertainment expense. I had one manager working for me that took that a little too far and paid with his job. A movie once a week is fine, even with a large box of Junior Mints. Not so much a $2000 tab at the Minnesota version of Legs.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:07 PM 05-16-2022
Kinda sounds like a Home Equity loan waiting to happen to me...

I mean you take out a loan to buy a car with no investment value whatsoever - why wouldn't you attempt to do the same to float your way through at least a $25K/yr kicker?

Even if you rent, surely you have SOMETHING with some asset value you can pledge as collateral.
[Reply]
TLO 03:06 PM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
If they're going to give you the title of "Director," tell them to up your offer by 20K. 85K seems awfully low, especially in the KC market.
I live in St Joe. $85k a year basically me a millionaire.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:10 PM 05-16-2022
I live in St Joe. $85k a year basically me a millionaire.
Family came up from Dallas and we hung out at the retirement home with my grandpa for a bit.

There's a bar there and my cousin got a glass of wine. It was $3.

"Holy shit! This is the cheapest bar in town!!"

"Nope - college town. That's just what stuff costs 'round here. Enjoy..."

Later in the weekend we went to a couple restaurants and her and my other cousin from San Francisco were no-shit taking pictures of the menu to send to their friends. Because a $3 mule costs $20 in San Fran.

Midwest livin', y'all. Oh sure, we have winters here, but I've never needed a line of credit for a drink, either. So that's nice.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:21 PM 05-16-2022

SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!
DRINKS ON YOU!!!!!!!

[Reply]
Demonpenz 05:52 PM 05-16-2022
Ok just me the address so i can house sit I shaved my body so my crabs lice problem should be minimized
[Reply]
Stewie 06:12 PM 05-16-2022
What kind of shit organization do you work for? 85k for a director position? Aluminum siding, right?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:44 PM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by oldman:
Just be careful with the entertainment expense. I had one manager working for me that took that a little too far and paid with his job. A movie once a week is fine, even with a large box of Junior Mints. Not so much a $2000 tab at the Minnesota version of Legs.
Sounds like my kind of fuckin guy!
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:59 PM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
You take the training and you take the job. If you hate it you leave and go do another job but now the jobs you're applying to are regional manager jobs with 85k. Promotions can end up being a bad fit but they look great on a resume.

The jump from 60 to 85 is substantial as well.
It's my experience you find what you like to do and go from there. Some people like and accept the stress a higher paying job entails. Some don't and it doesn't work out. You can waste a lot of a life not enjoying life if you choose wrong.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up