ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 488
1 23451151101 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:08 AM 03-13-2022
Veach is about to fill more holes than Johnny Sins
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:09 AM 03-13-2022
ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports free agent Bobby Wagner wants to sign with the Rams or Chargers.

Signing with either team would be a homecoming for Wagner, who's from Los Angeles. The Rams would allow Wagner to stay in the NFC West while the Chargers have the cap space to get a deal done. Wagner has also been connected to Dallas and ex-Seahawks DC Dan Quinn but it's unlikely the Cowboys have the money to sign him. The six-time All Pro is the top linebacker available in free agency.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:22 AM 03-13-2022
Man, Chargers are trying to build a super team on defense.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:29 AM 03-13-2022
Chargers to aggressively pursue JC Jackson according to Steve Wyche on NFLN
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:31 AM 03-13-2022
Chargers have to make sure they’re structuring these contracts correctly. Just selling out and signing all these high priced players on defense could come back to bite them in the ass.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:32 AM 03-13-2022
I’d like to aggressive attack our DL and secondary in FA and then get our WR in the draft. Hope we don’t spend much on these WR’s they aren’t worth the price tag
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:36 AM 03-13-2022
I’m so pissed the Chiefs left Ogbah walk without an extension or deal a couple years back. They instead invested in Okafor and that turned out like shit…
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:41 AM 03-13-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
I’m so pissed the Chiefs left Ogbah walk without an extension or deal a couple years back. They instead invested in Okafor and that turned out like shit…
IIRC…Okafor’s contract was hard to get out of that point. Obviously wasn’t the right move but they wouldn’t have been able to afford the cost of cutting Okafor on top of a new deal for Ogbah.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:42 AM 03-13-2022
My preference would be to sign or trade for one more elite weapon for Mahomes and then use draft and rest of FA to throw cheap, hungry players at D.

Don't want to spend money on middle class, that's where you get burned...see Hitchens.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:42 AM 03-13-2022
We really just couldn't make it work. Similar to Mitch Morse (even though we totally upgraded in the end).

Sometimes that happens. You find a good player who'd be nice to have around, but their market value is just something that doesn't make sense for you. It would have been one thing if we didn't do the Frank Clark deal, but that's a different story.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:42 AM 03-13-2022
Okafor had a cap hit of less than $3 million in 2020. They choose Watkins over Ogbah ($9 million cap hit). Also extended Chris Jones with a cap hit of $15 million that year
[Reply]
TambaBerry 11:44 AM 03-13-2022
Where are we getting our money from?
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:47 AM 03-13-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Where are we getting our money from?
They’ve got two days to get under the cap.

Hill extension.
Clark cut/trade.
Mahomes restructure.
Thuney restructure.
Kelce restructure.

There’s plenty of places.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 11:55 AM 03-13-2022
PMII is 26. The Kelce, Hill, and Jones will come and go.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 488
1 23451151101 > Last »
Up