ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Herniated disc in neck...
penguinz 08:14 PM 03-02-2022
Anyone ever have to deal with this?

Causing nerve to get pinched and left arm is all but paralyzed and throbbing with insane amount of pain.

Already getting atrophied. Over an inch in circumference lost already.

MRI tomorrow and hopefully surgery or something to fix soon.
[Reply]
REDHOTGTO 05:49 PM 03-18-2022
10 yrs ago i had 2 discs in my neck fused because of arm pain nd finger numbness.
i had a great surgeon and it went very well, no pain at all after and didnt take pain meds at all ! still to this day no problems, lost no movement and feeling in my fingers is fine.
hope you have as good of surgeon as i did.
good luck
[Reply]
penguinz 09:06 PM 04-23-2022
Had second epidural and thought all was good. Have appointment this coming Wednesday to discuss the Mobi-C disc replacement.
[Reply]
Stewie 09:17 PM 04-23-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Had second epidural and thought all was good. Have appointment this coming Wednesday to discuss the Mobi-C disc replacement.
Dang! I've had serious back and foot issues. Debilitating at times. I hope they figure things out.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:01 PM 04-23-2022
God speed, my epidurals sucked ass all 3 of them before I had surgery on my low lumbar. Hope they work for you.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:18 PM 04-23-2022
Best of luck friend.

Ortho told me I had no cartilage on the back of my kneecaps this spring. Before 40. Yay getting fucking old.

I’ll take my shit 10/10 over back problems though.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:24 PM 04-23-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Best of luck friend.

Ortho told me I had no cartilage on the back of my kneecaps this spring. Before 40. Yay getting fucking old.

I’ll take my shit 10/10 over back problems though.

I lost out on workmans comp because the doctor's said I had cartilage grow over a previous injury 15 or 20 years ago. I still hurt myself picking up a patient what difference does it make? I fine before picking up the patient that should have been covered by workmans comp so I just live with the hip pain along with back pain from surgery in 09 but I'm still grateful for the surgery or I'm sure I'd be quadriplegic if i hadn't.

Fucking workmans comp is a joke they don't care about you.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:27 PM 04-23-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I lost out on workmans comp because the doctor's said I had cartilage grow over a previous injury 15 or 20 years ago. I still hurt myself picking up a patient what difference does it make? I fine before picking up the patient that should have been covered by workmans comp so I just live with the hip pain along with back pain from surgery in 09 but I'm still grateful for the surgery or I'm sure I'd be quadriplegic if i hadn't.

Fucking workmans comp is a joke they don't care about you.
Sorry man. That sucks. Injuries are no good. I’m doing my best to avoid those.

Re: Bold

Government run insurance? This is my shocked face.
[Reply]
penguinz 12:09 PM 05-16-2022
Unless for some weird reason insurance denies it I am scheduled to have this stupid thing replaced next week.

Looking forward to being healed but after watching some videos of the procedure it is scary as hell.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:23 PM 05-16-2022
Unless for some weird reason insurance denies it I am scheduled to have this stupid thing replaced next week.

Looking forward to being healed but after watching some videos of the procedure it is scary as hell.

God Speed. I'll never forget my 8 month long pinched nerve ordeal so I feel your pain.

Last couple months I've missed work didn't know what was wrong with me. I thought it was COPD getting worse. I've had the worse acid reflux and I'd vomit horribly mostly when I'd go to bed. Also had 3 trips in an ambulance for having Hyperventilation attacks I just couldn't breath and my chest feels like its on fire. They did a scope down my esophagus and they said I have a Hiatus Hernia. Its the trap that keeps acid from coming back up the esophagus. I have to do another scope before surgery FML I always feel set backs in life.
I don't know when I'll be able return to work already burnt my sick leave and going through rest of my vacation time and the worst part of it is I haven't been able go fishing. Hope not hijacking your thread with this but I don't want start a thread about it.

At least you're in company with pain penguinz
[Reply]
penguinz 01:57 PM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
God Speed. I'll never forget my 8 month long pinched nerve ordeal so I feel your pain.

Last couple months I've missed work didn't know what was wrong with me. I thought it was COPD getting worse. I've had the worse acid reflux and I'd vomit horribly mostly when I'd go to bed. Also had 3 trips in an ambulance for having Hyperventilation attacks I just couldn't breath and my chest feels like its on fire. They did a scope down my esophagus and they said I have a Hiatus Hernia. Its the trap that keeps acid from coming back up the esophagus. I have to do another scope before surgery FML I always feel set backs in life.
I don't know when I'll be able return to work already burnt my sick leave and going through rest of my vacation time and the worst part of it is I haven't been able go fishing. Hope not hijacking your thread with this but I don't want start a thread about it.

At least you're in company with pain penguinz
You should look into short and long term disabilities insurance.

My wife just got diagnosed with a hiatal hernia as well. I don't think hers is bad enough to recommend surgery yet.

I am lucky as i work from home and have been able to rest when the pain kicks in. I also have virtually unlimited PTO.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:16 PM 05-16-2022
Damn, 12 weeks after starting this thread, so I assume at least another month or two on top of that since it started... :-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:13 PM 05-16-2022
You should look into short and long term disabilities insurance.

My wife just got diagnosed with a hiatal hernia as well. I don't think hers is bad enough to recommend surgery yet.

I am lucky as i work from home and have been able to rest when the pain kicks in. I also have virtually unlimited PTO.
See if her doctor would prescribe her Sucralfate Tab 1m generic for Carafate. It's pretty big pill but you crush it up and make a "slurry" so just a little bit of water and mix it like a slurry and it doesn't have to be perfect. It's been a life saver for me and I noticed results after a few days from getting acid reflux so bad. It coats the stomach. Not taking it , it is hell on me. My chest just burns and it doesn't take much for a violent acid reflux throw up, it's fucking horrible. It just may help her to keep from having surgery.
[Reply]
penguinz 04:40 PM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Damn, 12 weeks after starting this thread, so I assume at least another month or two on top of that since it started... :-)
Full recovery is 4-6 weeks. I can't wait to be recovered. I have lost so much weight from this. It's pretty much like watching Captain America's transformation from twig to monster but in reverse. 🙁

Hope all the muscle memory is there so I can put weight and build strength back up pretty quickly.
[Reply]
stumppy 04:48 PM 05-16-2022

Good luck, hope it turns out alright.

I been down for the count the last 10 days. Damn discs about my 4 fused vertebrae are on the way out and pinching nerves.
[Reply]
penguinz 05:10 PM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Good luck, hope it turns out alright.

I been down for the count the last 10 days. Damn discs about my 4 fused vertebrae are on the way out and pinching nerves.
I am happy my vertigo from it finally went away. There was about 6 weeks that it was so bad if I layed down, got up or turned my head things would spin so fast for so long I almost threw up several times.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up