ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3882 of 3903
« First < 2882338237823832387238783879388038813882 38833884388538863892 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Otter 10:04 AM 05-08-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Oddly, I'm kind of dealing with this right now, though I hadn't made any connection to covid (and I'm still not really sure that that's the case). I've had recurring upper back issues for years, and this is one of the worst bouts I've had. I'm trying to just be better about exercising and posture, which has taken care of it in the past. Your comment does make me wonder if it's connected, though...
It's probably related. Both my shoulder joints hurt and the pain went up to the top of my spine. The pain wasn't unbearable but it was definitely uncomfortable. I've never had that happen before from being sick.

Hydration, hydration, hydration.

The good news is that it sounds like you and the wife are going to make it through COVID pledge night pretty well. Treat yourself to some pain medication.
[Reply]
TLO 06:18 PM 06-08-2022
My girlfriend just tested positive. I don't really see what the point is in isolating from her at this point. My test was negative, but it is only a matter of time
[Reply]
loochy 06:44 PM 06-08-2022
Originally Posted by Hank Hill:
My girlfriend just tested positive. I don't really see what the point is in isolating from her at this point. My test was negative, but it is only a matter of time
Or maybe it's not a matter of time
My son had it. My wife and I didn't get it and we made no attempts to isolate or even take precautions.
[Reply]
TLO 07:07 PM 06-08-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:
My son had it. My wife and I didn't get it and we made no attempts to isolate or even take precautions.
Could be. I guess we'll see
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:13 PM 06-08-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:
Wife and daughter went to concert in KC last Tuesday night. Friday my wife started getting really sick, as did her friend. Our daughter who sat right next to them hasn't gotten sick, and neither has our son or I. Friend tested positive for COVID, but my wife's test was negative. I'm presuming at this point she had it. At home tests aren't great.
[Reply]
TLO 07:50 PM 06-08-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Wife and daughter went to concert in KC last Tuesday night. Friday my wife started getting really sick, as did her friend. Our daughter who sat right next to them hasn't gotten sick, and neither has our son or I. Friend tested positive for COVID, but my wife's test was negative. I'm presuming at this point she had it. At home tests aren't great.
Did you isolate from your wife at all?
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 08:16 PM 06-08-2022
Friend was on a cruise ship Seattle to Alaska last week and a half. Started feeling bad on Sunday. Got tested. He has it. fully vaxed. His son who was with him shows no symptoms and tests negative.
[Reply]
gh4chiefs 08:57 PM 06-08-2022
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
Friend was on a cruise ship Seattle to Alaska last week and a half. Started feeling bad on Sunday. Got tested. He has it. fully vaxed. His son who was with him shows no symptoms and tests negative.
Pretty much mirrors my experience. Started with symptoms Sunday out of Ketchikan, tested positive Tuesday right before disembarkation. So much for their " pre-cruise testing protocols" on cruise ships.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:05 AM 06-09-2022
Originally Posted by Hank Hill:
Did you isolate from your wife at all?
Some, but we still slept in the same bed and ate at the dinner table together. Watched several episodes of Stranger Things as a family.

Still nothing for me or the kids (12 and 16) today.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:45 AM 06-09-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Some, but we still slept in the same bed and ate at the dinner table together. Watched several episodes of Stranger Things as a family.

Still nothing for me or the kids (12 and 16) today.
Same for me both kids and wife got it , my whole dept at work got it and I didn’t even though I didn’t really stay away except for wife sleeping in the mancave mostly because she was coughing all night ,i had to test for like 40 straight days at work which sucked . Since 2020 I have 0 sick days , not even a runny nose just lucky I guess .
[Reply]
Eureka 08:50 AM 06-09-2022
Originally Posted by gh4chiefs:
Pretty much mirrors my experience. Started with symptoms Sunday out of Ketchikan, tested positive Tuesday right before disembarkation. So much for their " pre-cruise testing protocols" on cruise ships.
I have a cruise planned in Oct for the same destination area and I was hoping the whole Covid thing would not be around anymore when I booked it months back.

If you test positive do you have to stay in your room?
[Reply]
Monticore 08:51 AM 06-09-2022
They are finally getting ride of mask mandates in Hospitals starting this weekend hopefully our hospital doesn’t extend it locally.
[Reply]
Eureka 08:58 AM 06-09-2022
Originally Posted by Monticore:
They are finally getting rude of mask mandates in Hospitals starting this weekend hopefully our hospital doesn’t extend it locally.
They just mandated masks for public indoor area's starting last week in the county next to mine (Bay Area).

Glad to hear their getting rid of masks at hospitals in your area. Seems to be a good sign that things are slowly getting better.
[Reply]
loochy 09:03 AM 06-09-2022
Originally Posted by Monticore:
They are finally getting rude of mask mandates in Hospitals starting this weekend hopefully our hospital doesn’t extend it locally.

I'm really surprised at that. I figured the masks in doctor's offices and hospitals would be permanent
[Reply]
TLO 09:03 AM 06-09-2022
Pretty certain I have it. But as of right now, it's very mild. Body aches. Stuffy nose. A bit of fatigue. My girlfriend is quite sick. They offered Paxlovid to her at her appointment this morning.

She's incredibly achy, fever, chills, slight cough.

Body aches are the worst.
[Reply]
Page 3882 of 3903
« First < 2882338237823832387238783879388038813882 38833884388538863892 > Last »
Up