ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 113 of 3903
« First < 1363103109110111112113 1141151161171231632136131113 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SupDock 11:10 AM 03-11-2020
Do people in this thread think that Covid-19 doesn't have the potential to cause significant issues in our country?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:11 AM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Good because you are part of the reason for panic because you are ****ing dumb.

I said the mortality rate is dropping, you then spouted off on some completely other dumb shit path like you usually do.

So feel free to stfu
So Italy having no room in some of their hospitals is... media hype?
[Reply]
SupDock 11:12 AM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
And the Swine Flu was far more deadly to children/younger adults than COVID-19, yet there wasn't the mass closure of schools/colleges, cancellation of sporting events, etc.
Based on what? Total fatalities?
People aren't concerned specifically about total deaths at this point, they are concerned about the implications if it infects a large portion of our population. Hence closing schools and sporting events, suspending non mandatory travel
[Reply]
Mecca 11:12 AM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
So Italy having no room in some of their hospitals is... media hype?
That is where the huge problem is going to come, not enough hospital space. That mixed with the people that are going to go to work with it, there is probably going to be some serious spread, I assume most people will end up getting it.
[Reply]
TLO 11:14 AM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Do people in this thread think that Covid-19 doesn't have the potential to cause significant issues in our country?
Oh I absolutely think it has the potential to. Every American should be doing their part to try and help the progression of the virus.

I can't tune this out of my mind though. It's literally driving me crazy. And no I'm not going around hoarding items like a madman. It's taking a toll on my work productivity - my sleep. Everything.
[Reply]
R Clark 11:14 AM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
"Not really."
Is this sarcasm? Or just being an asshole?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:15 AM 03-11-2020
Based on what? Total fatalities?
People aren't concerned specifically about total deaths at this point, they are concerned about the implications if it infects a large portion of our population. Hence closing schools and sporting events, suspending non mandatory travel
Not to mention it could cause a recession. Ive lost so much money this past month it makes me sick
[Reply]
Donger 11:15 AM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Is this sarcasm? Or just being an asshole?
The former. I was making fun of an idiot disputing simple numbers and math.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:15 AM 03-11-2020
Fauci today testifying.

Originally Posted by :
“The seasonal flu we deal with every year has a mortality of 0.1 percent. The stated mortality overall of this when you look at all the data, including China, is about 3 percent. It first started off as 2 and now 3. I think if you count all the cases of minimally symptomatic or asymptomatic infection, that probably brings the mortality down to somewhere around 1 percent, which means this is ten times more lethal than the seasonal flu.”

“People always say, well, the flu, you know, the flu does this, the flu does that. The flu has a mortality of 0.1 percent,” said Fauci. “This has a mortality of ten times that. That’s the reason I want to emphasize we have to stay ahead of the game in preventing this.”

[Reply]
Bugeater 11:19 AM 03-11-2020
Unfortunately yes, some still do think that.
[Reply]
007 11:19 AM 03-11-2020
So now we're all gonna die
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:20 AM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Fauci today testifying.
Exactly this. Anyone claiming that this is "just the flu" is a butt-****ing moron and should be treated as such.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:20 AM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Fauci today testifying.
So far it's not spreading as fast or wide as the flu. So there is that.... No one said don't be prepared. But this panic, and people are PANICKING is retarded.
[Reply]
SupDock 11:21 AM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
So far it's not spreading as fast or wide as the flu. So there is that.... No one said don't be prepared. But this panic, and people are PANICKING is retarded.
Who is panicking?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:21 AM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Exactly this. Anyone claiming that this is "just the flu" is a butt-****ing moron and should be treated as such.
Anyone claiming it doesn't have the potential to have the EXACT same mortality rate of the flu in the end are butt fucking retarded.

Calm your tits
[Reply]
Page 113 of 3903
« First < 1363103109110111112113 1141151161171231632136131113 > Last »
Up