ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 147 of 173
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151157 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Otter 10:31 PM 04-06-2017
I'm sorry bud. If I knew what to say I'd say it but I'll just send good thoughts and prayers. I hate hearing this stuff. Try to keep on fighting.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:33 PM 04-06-2017
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I have very bad news. My blood tests had terrible numbers and my body is just worn down while my liver is getting ever worse. I can't handle more treatments and I am getting hospice care. I have two or three weeks left to live.

I want to thank all of you so much for the prayers, support and love. It has made a difference. My final battle awaits and I will win because the cancer dies with me and I am the one who will kill it.
Damn. :-)

I'd echo what Dave said. Just reading about the manner in which you've handled this situation has had a bigger impact on my life than you could ever know.

You're first class all the way man. Hopefully your transition is peaceful and painless.

You will be missed.

God Bless.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 10:37 PM 04-06-2017
Yes Ed, you will eventually win this battle. Until then please allow me to say "thank you" for sharing your thoughts while you've carried on the fight. You indeed are an inspiration. God bless.
[Reply]
EPodolak 10:52 PM 04-06-2017
The news breaks my heart Ed. We never met, yet I feel I owe you a debt of gratitude - first for your willingness to stay connected here and include us in your struggle, and for your example of bravery in the face of it. I recognize I've been ignorant about a few important things, I'm wiser for your sharing yourself with us and the perspective you've given. I hope you know how much it has meant. Comfort and blessings to you Sir.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:26 PM 04-06-2017
I've read this thread in silence, and I apologize for that. My mom lost her bout with cancer right before Christmas, and this thread has been cathartic for me in some small manner. Thank you for including us in your journey and your fight. We all owe you a debt of gratitude for letting us in to your life while you were fighting this evil fucking disease.

Thank you, Ed. You are an inspiration to us all.
[Reply]
Nickhead 11:35 PM 04-06-2017
I have very bad news. My blood tests had terrible numbers and my body is just worn down while my liver is getting ever worse. I can't handle more treatments and I am getting hospice care. I have two or three weeks left to live.

I want to thank all of you so much for the prayers, support and love. It has made a difference. My final battle awaits and I will win because the cancer dies with me and I am the one who will kill it.
you are a man in a crowd of us boys.

haven't posted before, do not care what your thoughts are on the chiefs,

but your words are the very bravest of brave.

i can only hope i have your sense of humor when my time comes.

:-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:18 AM 04-07-2017
Thank you for sharing your story and your time with us, Ed. Best of luck to you.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:17 AM 04-07-2017
Ed, my brother, I am beyond grateful for having the chance to get to know you over the last year. Your travels, your zeal for life, and your unflinching strength in the face of this situation have been inspiring to say the least.

Stay with us as long as you can, we're here for you.
[Reply]
Pushead2 05:53 AM 04-07-2017
Ed, I don't ever think I'll ever be able to display the courage and strength that you have shown us. Don't stop fighting and just know you're in my thoughts.

As others have said, you truly are an inspiration.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:56 AM 04-07-2017
You are a great man ed.
[Reply]
AndChiefs 06:12 AM 04-07-2017
You are a great and inspiring man. If I could face life's difficulties with half of your strength, I would count it a life well lived.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:27 AM 04-07-2017
Ed, I'm truly at a loss for words. I want to thank you for sharing this journey with us . Will finally get to meet you one day and we can high five as we watch the draft together and celebrate the Chiefs drafting fattys while another retread Quarterback chugs us along.
you made quite an impression on an awful lot of people and a whole generation will remember you forever. Love You man , Jim
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:30 AM 04-07-2017
Ed, reading this, I had a few tears run down my cheeks. I don't think you can possibly understand how many lives you've positively influenced. Sometimes I'm a grumpy bastard by nature but have been working to better myself, primarily based on your inspiring posts.
If I am ever in a similar situation, I have vowed to handle it with the same dignity, grace, and positivity you've demonstrated. Although, I'm not certain I possess the same deep-down courage you have. You have touched many lives, Sir. Even though we never actually met, I love you, brother.
Everyone is telling you to keep fighting and that's probably exactly what you'll do. However, if you're worn out, it is okay to just sit back, relax and enjoy as much as you can. Handle the next few weeks however the hell you feel like handling them. Fuck cancer, my friend. You'll be remembered.
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:59 AM 04-07-2017

I wish I were as strong as you. I have had the privilege of keeping up with every update in this thread. You have been an amazing inspiration to so many of us on this Board - including me. Thank you for letting us in. Thank you for showing us how to face life with strength and dignity. Thank you for letting us get a peek inside of a man that has so much to give, and allowing us to share your highs and lows.

Know that you are both loved and beloved by so many on this site. We are all better human beings for having had the opportunity to cross paths in your life. I wish you peace. May your last days be filled with memories of joy. We love you, Brother!
[Reply]
scho63 08:24 AM 04-07-2017
Ed, this is obviously sad news to hear but I am deeply humbled and honored to have shared your story and struggle.

My father passed away from liver cancer at age 56 a day before his 57th birthday. Your battle over these many years has affected me personally and I am deeply blessed to have interacted with you since I joined in 2009.

Your courage, dignity and warrior spirit will never be forgotten by me or anyone else who has ever had the pleasure of knowing you, either personally or anonymously on this forum. We are all the better for it.

God speed, God bless and may your final journey be as positive and easy as possible.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 147 of 173
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151157 > Last »
Up