ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Todd McShay Announces He's Taking Leave from ESPN to Focus on His Health
Tribal Warfare 05:45 PM 09-07-2021

Todd McShay announced he's temporarily stepping away from his role at ESPN after viewers expressed concern over his appearance at the Alabama-Miami game. https://t.co/ByMfHaEYB4

— TMZ (@TMZ) September 7, 2021

I am going to take some time away to focus on my health and my family. Thank you ESPN for being so supportive and for all the well wishes - I can’t wait to be back on the sidelines soon.

— Todd McShay (@McShay13) September 7, 2021

[Reply]
RealSNR 08:27 PM 09-07-2021
That's bizarre. I hope it's nothing serious like Parkinson's or anything like that.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:46 PM 09-07-2021
Yeah, hopefully it's nothing serious.

One of the talking heads there that I can stand. Not that I'm watching ESPN. He goes on Russillos show periodically. They just fling shit at each other and its funny.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:33 AM 09-08-2021
He evidently had some mental health issues when he contracted COVID a year or so ago. Went on a podcast and said he "was in a dark place" or something like that.

Mental health shit gnaws at you until you have some sort of catalyst that snaps you out of your fog just long enough to realize that you're spiraling. You'll drift over a center-line while driving, zip back into your lane as a car comes past you and think "huh...would it have been so bad to have just gotten hit?" Or you'll see a news report of someone your age dying of cancer or something and think "well at least they don't have to deal with X anymore..."

You don't necessarily get to a point where you're thinking of hurting yourself or anything, but you start to be a little more ambivalent towards something like that happening and realize that you need to address it before it gets out of hand.

Wouldn't surprise me if that was the case here with McShay. I like the guy (as much as you can like any talking head; they can all get a little grating at times), so I wish him well...
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:43 AM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He evidently had some mental health issues when he contracted COVID a year or so ago. Went on a podcast and said he "was in a dark place" or something like that.

Mental health shit gnaws at you until you have some sort of catalyst that snaps you out of your fog just long enough to realize that you're spiraling. You'll drift over a center-line while driving, zip back into your lane as a car comes past you and think "huh...would it have been so bad to have just gotten hit?" Or you'll see a news report of someone your age dying of cancer or something and think "well at least they don't have to deal with X anymore..."

You don't necessarily get to a point where you're thinking of hurting yourself or anything, but you start to be a little more ambivalent towards something like that happening and realize that you need to address it before it gets out of hand.

Wouldn't surprise me if that was the case here with McShay. I like the guy (as much as you can like any talking head; they can all get a little grating at times), so I wish him well...
Oof. Hopefully you're not speaking from experience here. Thankfully my dumbass brain is the only part of my shit body that still works.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:03 AM 09-08-2021
How did they even let him on air?
[Reply]
Dayze 08:01 PM 09-11-2021
is he boozing or popping pills or doing something that's impairing him? or is it neurological type issue?

dang man. hope the guy is ok.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:10 PM 09-11-2021
I went to the psyche ward 3 times over the summer and it was told to me many times it was lasting covid effects.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:16 PM 09-11-2021
just watching the video it seems like he is speaking under extreme duress when you get finally "Right" with depression you get all sorts of people telling you how much better you sound.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:49 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
I went to the psyche ward 3 times over the summer and it was told to me many times it was lasting covid effects.
If mental health is a covid side effect, there are more people that have had it than have been counted.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 06:53 PM 09-15-2021
John Madden had an entire broadcasting career sounding just like that.
[Reply]
Up