ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 312 of 324
« First < 212262302308309310311312 313314315316322 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:20 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Take Jones off this DL and you're looking at a potential bottom 10 DL in the league, with a first round pick who we have no clue if can even play.

They're pretty much gonna have to let Jones go, not much other option at this point, and yeah, Sneed is gonna be one you'd like back. I would guess they'll have to tag him at this point to get a deal done.

I mean, FAU's situation is pretty similar to Sky Moore last year, but we can't talk about that yet I guess.
FAU's snaps are limited because they added Omeihu and have Danna and Karlaftis already here.

Skyy Moore had nothing stopping him from producing.

I liked the FAU pick, not that worried.
[Reply]
O.city 01:20 PM 12-14-2023
Jones is gone. That thing was dead the minute they got this year's whatever that was done.
[Reply]
O.city 01:22 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Sky Moore's snaps are limited because they added JJSS and have Hardman and MVS already here.

Skyy Moore had nothing stopping him from producing.

I liked the FAU pick, not that worried.
Yeah, not that different other than you liked one pick and not the other.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:22 PM 12-14-2023
Danna is probably gone too if we wanna be honest.
[Reply]
penguinz 01:22 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
You think we came into this season with the expectation that a rookie WR was gonna be our #1. :-)

MVS was the clear #1 WR coming into this season and he lost the job… to a rookie.

The talk all off season was Toney to be the #1.

No one, not even MVS, ever thought MVS would be the 1.
[Reply]
O.city 01:22 PM 12-14-2023
Danna being gone is a given.

Once guys hit the last year of their deal and aren't signed, they're gone. Tale as old as time.
[Reply]
O.city 01:23 PM 12-14-2023
The defense could fall off a pretty decent cliff if things go awry.

You could lose about 5/6 starters and you don't have a whole lot of backfill.
[Reply]
O.city 01:25 PM 12-14-2023
Wanya playing LT is gonna end up being huge though. That opens up some real resources they can use elsewhere.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:25 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Why do people still say that our #1 WR is anybody but Rice?

He's officially getting the most snaps, and has been getting the most targets for weeks now.
I think there’s a very good case to be made that his best future role is as a power slot. And he would absolutely destroy in that role. That is much different from a guy who runs more consistent downfield routes. Many feel Reid should push him more but for whatever reason we aren’t fully willing to just yet. It reminds me a lot of Green Bay where Watson does a lot of your downfield routes where jayden reed is used as the creative tool to get quick hitters with lots of YAC.

I think rice is more capable than what he’s being asked to do and that in itself would open up our offense maybe just enough to get the small improvements we need.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:26 PM 12-14-2023
Here is the Chiefs FA list

Chris Jones
Mecole Hardman
Drue Tranquill
Mike Edwards
CEH
Donovan Smith
Tommy Townsend
Nick Allegretti
Tershawn Wharton
Tega Wanogho
James Winchester
Willie Gay
Blaine Gabbert
Jerick McKinnon
Derrick Nnadi
Richie James
Blake Bell
LJ Sneed
Jody Fortson
Mike Danna

and here are your RFA/EFRA's
Malik Herring
Jack Cochrane
Nazeeh Johnson
Mike Caliendo
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:27 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:

The talk all off season was Toney to be the #1.

No one, not even MVS, ever thought MVS would be the 1.
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

The often injured guy that has started 2 games all season in comparison to MVS's 9?

CP might have though/wanted that... but that wasn't the reality of the situation.
[Reply]
O.city 01:28 PM 12-14-2023
Rice needs to be an outside WR. Pigeonholing him into a "power slot" whatever that is, is wasting an opportunity.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:29 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
That group atleast led the league in sacks and had some guys on it.

You take away Jones and potentially Sneed, you're gonna have to invest on the DL pretty heavily to just put a unit out there.

Look, CJ was about 99% certain to be gone anyway, so let's stop acting like there was a real chance he was staying. Gay and Sneed were also projected to be cap causalities in 2024 before the season even started.

So we weren't keeping this defense together as-is anyway after this season.

No matter what, we're losing a couple if not all three of those guys, and the defense was going to suffer for it anyway.

But, Chenal can fill in for Gay. McDuffie can takeover some of the things Sneed was doing if we lose him (hoping we don't). We'll be searching for a replacement for J. Reid, and maybe we'll upgrade there. Shouldn't be that hard, considering how meh Reid has been. Maybe he's already on the roster.

And there's no replacing CJ. Not realistically anyway. Just going to have to bite the bullet on that one.

But I really don't think they'll be that bad. Spags is a proven 'chickenshit-chicken salad' genius; they won't be top-3 next season, but they won't be bottom 10 either. Somewhere in the mid-teens at worst. More than good enough to win a SB if they just pick up two good weapons for Pat.
[Reply]
O.city 01:34 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Look, CJ was about 99% certain to be gone anyway, so let's stop acting like there was a real chance he was staying. Gay and Sneed were also projected to be cap causalities in 2024 before the season even started.

So we weren't keeping this defense together as-is anyway after this season.

No matter what, we're losing a couple if not all three of those guys, and the defense was going to suffer for it anyway.

But, Chenal can fill in for Gay. McDuffie can takeover some of the things Sneed was doing if we lose him (hoping we don't). We'll be searching for a replacement for J. Reid, and maybe we'll upgrade there. Shouldn't be that hard, considering how meh Reid has been. Maybe he's already on the roster.

And there's no replacing CJ. Not realistically anyway. Just going to have to bite the bullet on that one.

But I really don't think they'll be that bad. Spags is a proven 'chickenshit-chicken salad' genius; they won't be top-3 next season, but they won't be bottom 10 either. Somewhere in the mid-teens at worst. More than good enough to win a SB if they just pick up two good weapons for Pat.
Take Jones away and all those single blocking snaps Karlaftis gets go bye bye.

So yeah, there's a chance FAU comes on strong and we have a nice DE duo along with Omenihu and you add some things are fine.

But taking Jones off the DL could lead to some bad things.
[Reply]
O.city 01:35 PM 12-14-2023
The difference in a mid teens and the 24th defense isn't exactly a huge gap. So yeah, one or two fewer things happen a game and that's what happens.
[Reply]
Page 312 of 324
« First < 212262302308309310311312 313314315316322 > Last »
Up