ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 304 of 324
« First < 204254294300301302303304 305306307308314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:56 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
It's Pittman or Kenny Moore.

The tag number for CB's is probably $3-4M less than WR.
Kenny Moore is a 28 yr old slot CB having a career season.

Pittman is an emerging WR1 entering his prime.

If they can't get Pittman extended they will absolutely tag him. They're not letting him out of the building.
[Reply]
O.city 09:58 AM 12-14-2023
I'll get shit on for this but......I think the offense is actually pretty close here. It won't be 2018 just fire breathing dragon, but I think they're closer to what they were last year than they were a few weeks ago.

It's close.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:00 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Kenny Moore is a 28 yr old slot CB having a career season.

Pittman is an emerging WR1 entering his prime.

If they can't get Pittman extended they will absolutely tag him. They're not letting him out of the building.
Don't necessarily disagree, but Moore just turned 28 and is a Pro Bowler. Might be underselling his importance a smidge - overall, yeah it's unlikely Pittman becomes available - but he's exactly the type of guy we should be looking for.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:03 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Lord - is there anyone you'd be satisfied with then?

Because Aiyuk is an excellent receiver. Easy top 20, arguably top 10. And he's young.

Argue the acquisition cost if you'd like but man, I don't understand "well he's just the 3rd option in SF..." as a position at all. Aiyuk is really really good. He's a damn site better than anyone that's going to be available in FA or likely in trade. I'd definitely take him over Adams, especially when you consider age.
We'll have to agree to disagree on him. When Deebo was out of the lineup for those 3 weeks his production noticably declined and the 49ers offense as a whole only managed 17 points every game and lost all 3 games. Just seems far more likely to me he's benefitting greatly from being 3rd fiddle and I'm not sure he can deliver when asked to take over as a legit #1.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:09 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'll get shit on for this but......I think the offense is actually pretty close here. It won't be 2018 just fire breathing dragon, but I think they're closer to what they were last year than they were a few weeks ago.

It's close.
I mentioned elsewhere that I wouldn't be shocked to see Richie James make a real impact the rest of the year. I think we're not having these "WR sucks" conversations if he doesn't get hurt. (well, except Skyy)
The guy was productive with Vanilla Vick at QB, pretty sure he's gonna be fine here.
[Reply]
TEX 10:09 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Yeah lets just draft another Skyy Moore in the 2nd round and hope, pray and beg that he's good. We need WR1 and we need to KNOW they will be WR1. Kelce is about done. Take advantage of this great time. Kelce is too great to have these years be all for not. Its disrespectful to him.
Not to mention wasting prime Mahomes.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:11 AM 12-14-2023
I mentioned elsewhere that I wouldn't be shocked to see Richie James make a real impact the rest of the year. I think we're not having these "WR sucks" conversations if he doesn't get hurt.

The guy was productive with Vanilla Vick at QB, pretty sure he's gonna be fine here.
Hell, if Hardman can actually get some reps in he's already proven to be more than capable of being productive in the offense.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:13 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Hell, if Hardman can actually get some reps in he's already proven to be more than capable of being productive in the offense.
Hopefully by the time Hardman is back, the roles behind Kelce and Rice have solidified.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:13 AM 12-14-2023
That's my point - if healthy and the 4th option behind Rice, Kelce and a legit WR1, Hardman gives you what Mooney does at likely 1/10th the cost. Spotrac seems to think Mooney's market value is $10M a season.

Fuck that.
Possibly and yeah, if Mooney is getting $10M/AAV, I don't think that's a better value than Hardman at $3M or whatever he gets.

I also think Mooney and Brown are better players than Hardman. Brown by a decent margin.

Can't hone in on one approach. I hope the Chiefs find a way to land an Aiyuk or Pittman or top-tier option. If they don't, there are still players available in FA who can contribute to raising the quality of the room.

Sign a Mike Evans or Michael Pittman or Brandon Aiyuk? Cool. That's the big swing and you invest in WR in the draft based on how the board falls, but it can be a Day 2 or 3 pick instead of being a priority.

Can't get the big swing done? Cool. Sign a FA or two who are fits in the system and have some upside and raise the floor, and prioritize getting a top-level receiving target in the draft.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:14 AM 12-14-2023
Hopefully by the time Hardman is back, the roles behind Kelce and Rice have solidified.
If he's only needing the 4 game stint for IR he'll be back after the Patriots game. I have no idea how long his injury typically keeps them out for.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:20 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Possibly and yeah, if Mooney is getting $10M/AAV, I don't think that's a better value than Hardman at $3M or whatever he gets.

I also think Mooney and Brown are better players than Hardman. Brown by a decent margin.

Can't hone in on one approach. I hope the Chiefs find a way to land an Aiyuk or Pittman or top-tier option. If they don't, there are still players available in FA who can contribute to raising the quality of the room.

Sign a Mike Evans or Michael Pittman or Brandon Aiyuk? Cool. That's the big swing and you invest in WR in the draft based on how the board falls, but it can be a Day 2 or 3 pick instead of being a priority.

Can't get the big swing done? Cool. Sign a FA or two who are fits in the system and have some upside and raise the floor, and prioritize getting a top-level receiving target in the draft.
Here's where I'd rather just bring back what we have (possibly James, specifically if the rest of this year shows promise) and prioritizing the position in the draft than to be committed to $10M a year for 3-5 years for someone like Mooney. It's the MVS situation all over again.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:20 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
We'll have to agree to disagree on him. When Deebo was out of the lineup for those 3 weeks his production noticably declined and the 49ers offense as a whole only managed 17 points every game and lost all 3 games. Just seems far more likely to me he's benefitting greatly from being 3rd fiddle and I'm not sure he can deliver when asked to take over as a legit #1.
So who's your guy?

(And we have a 'legit #1' in Rashee Rice)
[Reply]
RunKC 10:20 AM 12-14-2023
I may be way off here but.....I'd rather have Hardman at his price than Hollywood at his.

If I'm gonna spend at WR, go spend and get results.
Just saw a FA primer from PFF that has Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley and Michael Pittman all receiving the franchise tag.

If that's the case then that sure limits options. May have to just go after Mike Evans or OBJ and a lesser known WR (Mooney, Chark etc) while we draft our guy in the first rd and develop him.

Options might be limited
[Reply]
-King- 10:22 AM 12-14-2023

It's close.
They fixed the rotation for the most part. If they can just do basic things and not turn the ball over, we can still win.

The problem is that they still seemingly can't do basic things and that it took this long for them to figure out what the rotation should look like. But again, when you have the best QB in history, players just need to be competent and anything is possible.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:23 AM 12-14-2023
Here's where I'd rather just bring back what we have (possibly James, specifically if the rest of this year shows promise) and prioritizing the position in the draft than to be committed to $10M a year for 3-5 years for someone like Mooney. It's the MVS situation all over again.
I'll say again - the biggest loss to our WR room isn't going from JJSS to Rice (I still maintain we upgraded there).

It's going from a 700 yard MVS who does enough to command attention to...whatever this is.

The MVS 'situation' isn't born of approach - it's because the dude has seemingly collapsed overnight. Again, the guy had a career game in this very calendar year - I really don't understand how he's fallen off this hard.
[Reply]
Page 304 of 324
« First < 204254294300301302303304 305306307308314 > Last »
Up