ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 141 of 167
« First < 4191131137138139140141 142143144145151 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 02:02 PM 02-07-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
GB just hired Bisaccia to be their ST coordinator.

I think it’s safe to say that they feel they were a good STs coach away from a SB this year.

They’re clearly going to attempt to keep the band together.
Their ST were epically bad this year. They were consistently giving up big returns, bad penalties on returns, Crosby missing XP and FGs and of course everyone knows what happened against SF.

That unit was their achilles heel past few seasons and it came back to bite them
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:12 PM 02-13-2022
I guess Green Bay has no choice but to do this strategy to keep Aaron Rodgers, but they can look at the nuclear wasteland that is the Saints currently to see what the aftermath of this looks like (and the Saints never won a second Super Bowl with Brees despite this all in approach).

Packers are prepared to go all in for Aaron Rodgers in 2022, spending as close to the cap this year and spreading it into future years as much as possible, per sources. Saints used this approach for Drew Brees and Green Bay willing to deploy that model to further entice Rogers.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 13, 2022

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:13 PM 02-13-2022
Love must suck really bad.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 12:14 PM 02-13-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
We’ll find out as soon as Failway and #PatonPlan trade for him.
[Reply]
Eureka 12:26 PM 02-13-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I don't even know if it's that... he is under contract through 2023 (UFA in 2024). The 'potential out' after the 2021 season with all the noise created last year is keeping this hope alive for some. It's just noise. His girlfriend is from CO... he comments about Hackett saying "I hope he doesn't go anywhere unless I do"... it's all noise.

Owners and GM's have done some crazy things, but I just do not believe that Paton and company would legitimately consider giving up 2 R1s, 2 R2s and whatever else it might take to get QB that is going to be 39 in 10 months.

Brady doing what he did is an anomaly. Brees played until he was 41... you have a lot of older generation QBs that played past 40, but nothing worth writing home about.

Can Rodgers play another 2... 3 years? Very likely, but for me, it's not worth the draft picks and/or players it would cost to chase that short window dream in this division.
Well Denver either drafts a QB or trades for one. What they've been doing over the past 5 years hasn't been working in signing off cast QB's.

Jimmy G to Denver or go after Pickett? What are they going to do at QB next year?
[Reply]
Rausch 01:24 PM 02-13-2022
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Well Denver either drafts a QB or trades for one. What they've been doing over the past 5 years hasn't been working in signing off cast QB's.

Jimmy G to Denver or go after Pickett? What are they going to do at QB next year?
Jimmy G is good enough to help Denver fight for a division title.

Is he good enough to win in the playoffs? Eh, he's done it before. There's talent on that Denver offense. They have a HB who's a legit beast if they bolster that O line.

I think he would be better there than most think...
[Reply]
RunKC 01:31 PM 02-13-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
He was a pick based on shutting Rodgers up. They reached.

In reality he’s a similar type of pick as Drew Lock except the Packers reached on him when he should have been taken in the 2nd rd
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:13 PM 02-16-2022
Aaron Rodgers and Shailene Woodley Break Up, Call Off Engagement

Aaron Rodgers and Shailene Woodley are done.

A source close to Rodgers confirms to PEOPLE that the NFL star, 38, and the actress, 30, have split, just over one year after he made the surprise announcement that they were engaged.

"It was an amicable split; it just wasn't working," the source says. "They're very different people with busy careers and there were obstacles that they couldn't surmount. They will remain friendly; there's no bad blood and no drama. It just didn't work out for them."

A rep for Woodley has not commented. A rep for Rodgers declined to comment. InTouch was first to report the news.

News of their breakup comes after Rodgers received backlash concerning his vaccination status in November 2021 when it was made public that he tested positive for the coronavirus.

In August of last year, he told the media that he was "immunized" when he was asked about whether or not he had received the COVID-19 vaccine amid rising NFL protocols for the 2021 season.

However, during an appearance on the Pat McAfee Show on Nov. 5, Rodgers confirmed that he was unvaccinated. That same month, Woodley slammed "disparaging" claims about Rodgers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:24 AM 02-17-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Jimmy G is good enough to help Denver fight for a division title.

Is he good enough to win in the playoffs? Eh, he's done it before. There's talent on that Denver offense. They have a HB who's a legit beast if they bolster that O line.

I think he would be better there than most think...
That's honestly my fear... they're going to make a deal for JG. He has one year left... they want to move that money and let Lance take over, so he won't be as expensive. I can see that happening.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:24 AM 02-17-2022
GB doesn't know what to do. They fucked their CAP up, have won nothing and are not ready to face the fact that their long run of top talent at QB is almost over. Despite the playoff losses Rodgers puts butts in the seats and they will do anything to keep the golden goose a little longer. On top of that they royally fucked trading back into the first round to draft Love. They clearly have zero belief he's a franchise QB and he really must totally suck for them to not give shit about him playing at all. His rookie deal will expire if they sign Rodgers to more years without him seeing the field.

That's a major screw up.
[Reply]
TLO 08:29 AM 02-17-2022
Aaron Rodgers should write a book about shaving mustaches.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:31 AM 02-17-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
GB doesn't know what to do. They ****ed their CAP up, have won nothing and are not ready to face the fact that their long run of top talent at QB is almost over. Despite the playoff losses Rodgers puts butts in the seats and they will do anything to keep the golden goose a little longer. On top of that they royally ****ed trading back into the first round to draft Love. They clearly have zero belief he's a franchise QB and he really must totally suck for them to not give shit about him playing at all. His rookie deal will expire if they sign Rodgers to more years without him seeing the field.

That's a major screw up.
All fair and if the franchise were to do the right thing... they should trade him for a ransom and maybe find a way to get one of the other top QBs there, get younger at QB in the process.

Why not?
[Reply]
TEX 10:53 AM 02-17-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
That's honestly my fear... they're going to make a deal for JG. He has one year left... they want to move that money and let Lance take over, so he won't be as expensive. I can see that happening.
Yep. Go back to last year and I was telling KnowMo it would be Jimmy G, NOT Rodgers. Felt all along he'll be the, "Real Paton Plan."

:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 11:13 AM 02-17-2022
Rodgers chokes since his Super Bowl in 2010:

-Blew a 1 seed 15-1 season by losing by getting blown out at home in divisional round
-Lost at home to Kaepernick in wildcard round
-Blew a 12 point lead with 3 minutes left vs Seattle in NFCCG
-Blew a 1 seed and MVP season with an open lane to win last year
-Blew another 1 seed and MVP season against Jimmy G in the divisional round

We think the Chiefs and Mahomes is bad for last month. Rodgers has been doing this shit for 11 seasons now.

He isn’t winning shit in the AFC
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 02-17-2022, 11:50 AM
This message has been deleted by Rainbarrel.
GloucesterChief 11:54 AM 02-17-2022
Jimmy G hasn't won shit without a top 5 D backing him.
[Reply]
Page 141 of 167
« First < 4191131137138139140141 142143144145151 > Last »
Up