ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 335
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
BigRichard 10:03 AM 05-13-2015
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Hmmm....I never got that.

Griff/Connington for sure - but I don't recall any implication that Tyrion has it. Moreover, as he's a steady POV character, it's not as though mere 'implication' would be needed. If Tyrion knew he had greyscale, it would have been apparent through his thoughts/actions as a POV character.
What I said and this^^^
[Reply]
BigRichard 10:07 AM 05-13-2015
I wonder if we will get to see Reek pleasure Sansa like the other bride in the book?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:22 AM 05-13-2015
What the fuck happened to Rickon?
[Reply]
Swanman 10:23 AM 05-13-2015
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Hmmm....I never got that.

Griff/Connington for sure - but I don't recall any implication that Tyrion has it. Moreover, as he's a steady POV character, it's not as though mere 'implication' would be needed. If Tyrion knew he had greyscale, it would have been apparent through his thoughts/actions as a POV character.
If I remember correctly, he was afraid that he got greyscale and nothing comes of it.
[Reply]
NewChief 10:29 AM 05-13-2015
On Tyrion and Greyscale

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 01:59 PM 05-13-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
On Tyrion and Greyscale

Spoiler!
What I said and this. :-)
[Reply]
tomahawk kid 08:19 AM 05-18-2015
Did anyone else feel like last night's episode felt condensed and rushed?

The whole Sand Snakes / Bronn / Ser Jamie story line was completely anticlimactic.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:52 AM 05-18-2015
Originally Posted by tomahawk kid:

The whole Sand Snakes / Bronn / Ser Jamie story line was completely pathetic.
FYP, what a pile of garbage this show is becoming. Of course I'll keep watching, but damn, can't they do better than this?
[Reply]
tomahawk kid 09:34 AM 05-18-2015
I think the Jorah / Tyrion arc is fascinating - and I actually enjoyed the Arya reveals this week, which I didn't expect.

I'm done with the whole Mereen struggle. I hope that comes to some resolution once Tyrion joins Dany.

Its also fairly obvious that they're setting Theon up for a redemptive moment. I actually thought it would happen this week before Sansa was essentially raped by Ramsey.

It probably won't happen, but it would be extremely satisfying for Theon / Brienne to gut that bastard.
[Reply]
Sorter 11:26 AM 05-18-2015

The whole Sand Snakes / Bronn / Ser Jamie story line was completely anticlimactic.
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
FYP, what a pile of garbage this show is becoming. Of course I'll keep watching, but damn, can't they do better than this?
I agree and so does Olenna.

[Reply]
BigRichard 12:00 PM 05-18-2015
Anyone else still pissed that they didn't introduce the fact that Tyrion's dad had his first wife raped by his men and Jaime? I still think that story would have been much more powerful than what they did use. I only bring it up now because of the talk between Ser Jorah and Tyrion. I just find it odd as to why they removed it.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:33 PM 05-18-2015
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Anyone else still pissed that they didn't introduce the fact that Tyrion's dad had his first wife raped by his men and Jaime? I still think that story would have been much more powerful than what they did use. I only bring it up now because of the talk between Ser Jorah and Tyrion. I just find it odd as to why they removed it.
DD felt that the show-watch only community would have been lost by that revelation. Judging by some of my show-watch only friends, they may have been on to something.
[Reply]
Amnorix 12:43 PM 05-18-2015
Originally Posted by BigRichard:

They have hinted at it from time to time. In the scene where Tywin tells Tyrion he has to marry Sansa, Tywin says something like "it's time you were married" and Tyrion replies "I **was** married, remember?!" Tywin replies "all too well".

But yes, they've left it all behind the veil. They hint at some of the animosity, but don't bother with the details. There are plenty of other details around why Tyrion would have a seriously conflicted relationship with his father, so it's fine with me that they have left it out thus far.
[Reply]
manchambo 01:54 PM 05-18-2015
I think the Jorah / Tyrion arc is fascinating - and I actually enjoyed the Arya reveals this week, which I didn't expect.

I'm done with the whole Mereen struggle. I hope that comes to some resolution once Tyrion joins Dany.

Its also fairly obvious that they're setting Theon up for a redemptive moment. I actually thought it would happen this week before Sansa was essentially raped by Ramsey.

It probably won't happen, but it would be extremely satisfying for Theon / Brienne to gut that bastard.
I don't know if Reek gets redemption exactly. But I keep thinking about the fact that he and Ramsay both know that Bran and Rickon are actually alive. Does Reek spill to Sansa in the end?

I suspect that he helps her and it ends horribly for him. A sort of redemption I suppose.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:26 PM 05-18-2015
Went on a tear and finally finished A Storm of Swords...

Having watched the TV series before reading the books, I have to say I'm pleased with the differences between the two mediums at this point. There were a few things done differently, more fleshed out, or completely different in their entirety. I can't say I dislike either the book or the show, though. It's a nice change-up.

The fight between Brienne and the Hound is one thing I liked that the show included. The battle that leads to the Hound's "death" in the book is a bit of a letdown. A thigh wound from The Tickler? Eh. I will say that Arya stabbing him while asking the same questions she watched him ask the villagers before torturing them was fantastic. Just a great, great scene in the book (I believe Hawk mentioned that in this thread some time ago).

Something else I liked from the show was Ygritte's death and her relationship with Jon leading up to that point. The book was just never able to flesh out that relationship like I felt the show was and her death was just so anti-climactic. Jon was fighting, then he wasn't, then he found her amidst the rubble with an arrow in the chest, then she died. Booooooo..

There were a few things in the books that I preferred to the show. One being Stannis' battle with the wildlings beyond the wall. I think MagicHef mentioned it in this thread but the TV series just kind of had Stannis and his men ride all up and through the wildling camp while they held their dicks like "welllllllll, guess they got us!". Not that it ultimately changed anything, but the books certainly made the wildling army seem more formidable.

But I think the thing I liked most about the book was Jaime's transformation. I loved the actor that plays him in the series and loved his character arc as well, but it was just so much more satisfying in the book. Maybe it's because he's a POV character and we get to read his thoughts as well? In any case, he was probably my favorite book character by the end (of ASoS) as opposed to Jon Snow in the TV series (up until S5E05).
[Reply]
Page 18 of 335
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Up