View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 159 of 343
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162163169209259 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:15 AM 09-16-2022
The AFCW is loading up on pass rushers and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. With the money Brown wants he needs to be able to hold his own against them. If Andy has to scheme to protect him then he isn’t worth it. If he wants top LT money he has to be an island.
[Reply]
farmerchief 09:16 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Then Roaf is blind.
Hmm, I knew he had hip and knee problems, but didnt know he lost his eyesite. I feel sorry for him.
[Reply]
O.city 09:17 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
You can't keep using the "the other guys get paid too" or "mack and bosa are really good" excuses when you're talking about a guy who was asking to be the highest paid LT ever.

I don't expect him to just stonewall them and never get beat. But to see him struggle like that and see the offense not be able to play to their full potential because Reid/Mahomes couldn't trust them is a problem.
Sure. I have no problem doing whatever. Pay him, don't pay him.

Keep churning thru the OL until we get back to the 03 form. Seems to be what everyone wants.
[Reply]
O.city 09:18 AM 09-16-2022
If you don't wanna pay Brown, fine. I have my own reservations about it, but I'm good either way.

But just be prepared to trade up for a LT in the first round or be prepared to pay a fuckload for another free agent.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:19 AM 09-16-2022
You can't keep using the "the other guys get paid too" or "mack and bosa are really good" excuses when you're talking about a guy who was asking to be the highest paid LT ever.

I don't expect him to just stonewall them and never get beat. But to see him struggle like that and see the offense not be able to play to their full potential because Reid/Mahomes couldn't trust them is a problem.
I’m fine paying in. His last contract offer plus a bit of a buffer. But resetting the market money?

No
[Reply]
Pants 09:20 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Trading Jones and using that draft capital to move up?
Trading Mahomes and using the draft capital to move up?
[Reply]
-King- 09:22 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’m fine paying in. His last contract offer plus a bit of a buffer. But resetting the market money?

No
I'd offer him the same exact contract with the same exact structure. If he doesn't want to take it because he's scared of being cut, move on. And that's assuming he plays solid the rest of the year. If he doesn't, then lower the offer or don't make an offer at all.
[Reply]
Chargem 09:23 AM 09-16-2022
If Christian or Niang was out there at LT, it doesn't feel like there would be much difference in the pressure numbers.
[Reply]
O.city 09:28 AM 09-16-2022
Feels like shit just never breaks for us on the OL as a whole.

Have Fisher and Schwartz as bookends, interior always banged up and meh.

Interior gets bulked into arguably the best in the league, tackle spot goes to piss.
[Reply]
oldman 09:29 AM 09-16-2022

That's kind of where I'm at. Way too many pressures and hits to make him the highest paid LT in the league.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:30 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Feels like shit just never breaks for us on the OL as a whole.

Have Fisher and Schwartz as bookends, interior always banged up and meh.

Interior gets bulked into arguably the best in the league, tackle spot goes to piss.
Our tackles aren’t bad. I would argue Wylie is a pretty damn good value. Brown Jr is a good tackle. He’s just not elite and should not be paid this ridiculous contract.

Hoping Veach can work with Tillis to structure it to where it looks crazy but also protects us.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:31 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by oldman:
That's kind of where I'm at. Way too many pressures and hits to make him the highest paid LT in the league.
You don’t scheme to protect top tier LTs.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:36 AM 09-16-2022
Well, I mean at some point, you can't throw them out on the island continually and expect things to go greatly. Yeah, they missed some stuff, the other guys get paid too.
That's kinda my point though.

If you're paying the guy like one of the 2-3 best LTs in the league then yeah, you DO need to be able to put him on an island.

Wylie I'm okay with - protect him. He's a yoeman quality RT; solid but that's it. He ain't Schwartz, never will be, act accordingly.

But if I'm Veach and OBJ's reps want to talk about that $25 million/yr he left on the table this off-season, I'm gonna pop in this tape and point out that this staff didn't feel like he's a guy they could trust on an island. And if that's the case, he's not a $20 million player.

If you're gonna need to protect him anyway, then why break the bank? At that point spend his money on another guy you trust to beat man coverage because you're not going to be able to flood the zones or buy time if you're protecting him w/ chips or shorter route combos.

Either he's worth what he's asking or he isn't. And Andy sure gave me the impression that HE doesn't feel like OBJ is worth top flight tackle money last night.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:38 AM 09-16-2022
If you don't wanna pay Brown, fine. I have my own reservations about it, but I'm good either way.

But just be prepared to trade up for a LT in the first round or be prepared to pay a fuckload for another free agent.
I'd be willing to do that but like I said - gotta triage it. Find a guy who's strengths align with your philosophy.

More and more data points are emerging that say Brown probably isn't that guy.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:39 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
So 18 pressures and 1 sack on 35 pass attempts.
[Reply]
Page 159 of 343
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162163169209259 > Last »
Up