ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 57
« First < 3434950515253 54555657 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>****OFFICIAL 2020 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread****
DJ's left nut 02:35 PM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I was a little worried that I was too conservative. But with only five picks, there's not a lot of flexibility. I wanted to come away with a LG, CB, LB, and RB, and it really depended on who was available where. That's four of my five picks.

I learned that the top linebackers won't be around by Pick 63, and the top CBs (despite their numbers) thin out really fast after 63. It also seems like there's still a good cache of running backs available in the fourth - not the top tier, but some guys I like. So my draft was kind of dictated to me.
I just could not talk myself into caring about RB.

Off-ball LBer and CB are the only real 'must haves' I took into the draft and even then, Delpit sliding to 32 had me willing to gamble a bit.

The idea of a 3-down RB is just dead to me at this point. I don't really care. And there is ALWAYS another situational back you can find essentially for free in FA.

So with Gay there in the 3rd, I couldn't begin to justify a RB and by the 4th, it came down to one of a bunch of backs who would likely end up like Deandre Washington anyway or Jonah Jackson, who could help a back like Deandre Washington play up a bit.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:03 PM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So I left the draft for a week or so to 'clean' it; forgot who got taken where and try not to game the system at all.

And man, it's REAL hard to find fault with Rainman on this sucker. My draft is only a tiny bit different than his:

32. Grant Delpit, S - LSU -- He's just too damn versatile and too talented to pass on, IMO. Love this kid and how impossibly varied he can make our secondary.

63. Noah Igbinoghene, CB - Auburn -- Nothing clever here; need meets availability and a pretty straightforward 'right' pick in all likelihood. I like Harrison a lot but I couldn't talk myself into passing on a young CB who can play inside or out.

96. Willie Gay Jr., LB - MSU -- Actually got lucky here because I was pretty sure Staylor had taken him before 96 so didn't figure I'd get that LB upgrade I wanted. This would work out perfectly for KC.

138. Jonah Jackson - G/C - OSU -- Versatile IOL who can play in multiple positions and multiple schemes. Since we aren't entirely sure where we need help on the IOL only that we probably do, he's an ideal get.

177. Antonio Gibson - RB/WR, Memphis -- Love Lynn Bowden in this draft and see Gibson as a similar sort of underutilized hybrid weapon. Anytime you can get an athletic gadget in Reid's hands, you do it.

So in re-running the draft and not remembering who RM took past the first round, I took 2 of the same players he did and in reviewing his picks can't find a ton of fault in any of the picks he actually DID make. I like mine a little more, but of course I would - it's mine. His is pretty damn good in its own right, though.
If you like Grant Delpit, you should really check out Terrell Burgess
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:21 AM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So I left the draft for a week or so to 'clean' it; forgot who got taken where and try not to game the system at all.

And man, it's REAL hard to find fault with Rainman on this sucker. My draft is only a tiny bit different than his:

32. Grant Delpit, S - LSU -- He's just too damn versatile and too talented to pass on, IMO. Love this kid and how impossibly varied he can make our secondary.

63. Noah Igbinoghene, CB - Auburn -- Nothing clever here; need meets availability and a pretty straightforward 'right' pick in all likelihood. I like Harrison a lot but I couldn't talk myself into passing on a young CB who can play inside or out.

96. Willie Gay Jr., LB - MSU -- Actually got lucky here because I was pretty sure Staylor had taken him before 96 so didn't figure I'd get that LB upgrade I wanted. This would work out perfectly for KC.

138. Jonah Jackson - G/C - OSU -- Versatile IOL who can play in multiple positions and multiple schemes. Since we aren't entirely sure where we need help on the IOL only that we probably do, he's an ideal get.

177. Antonio Gibson - RB/WR, Memphis -- Love Lynn Bowden in this draft and see Gibson as a similar sort of underutilized hybrid weapon. Anytime you can get an athletic gadget in Reid's hands, you do it.

So in re-running the draft and not remembering who RM took past the first round, I took 2 of the same players he did and in reviewing his picks can't find a ton of fault in any of the picks he actually DID make. I like mine a little more, but of course I would - it's mine. His is pretty damn good in its own right, though.
I ended up at +259 for the Chiefs. Pretty damn nice given a relatively small number of picks and nothing in the 6th and 7th where you can really juice your numbers.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 04:46 PM 04-13-2020
The New England Patriots select Jacob Breeland, TE, Oregon

That wraps it up for the Pats. They had a ton of late round picks so I basically went BPA:

1.23 - A.J. Epenesa, EDGE, Iowa
3.87 – Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia
3.98 – Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota
3.100 – Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri
4.125 – Khalil Davis, DT, Nebraska
5.172 – Jacob Phillips, LB, LSU
6.195 – Ke’Shawn Vaughn, RB, Vanderbilt
6.204 – Yasir Durant, OT, Missouri
6.212 – Isaiah Hodgins, WR, Oregon State
6.213 – Keith Ismael, G/C, San Diego State
7.230 – Rodrigo Blankenship, K, Georgia
7.241 – Jacob Breeland, TE, Oregon
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:54 PM 04-13-2020
The Green Bay Packers select John Reid, CB, Penn State

Doesn't play much special teams... but it's the 7th round, so what the fuck ever. Nice roll-of-the-dice player
[Reply]
Sfeihc 05:02 PM 04-13-2020
The Tennessee Titans select Darius Anderson, RB, Texas Christian University.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:03 PM 04-13-2020
Packers draft is done. I probably will end up having a few WTF selections when the actual draft takes place, but that's the price you might pay for trying to be bold. The Packers have needed to innovate and try new things (Andy would have won multiple Super Bowls in the Rodgers era if he coached that team), and I think that's one reason why they've been stagnant for so many years, doomed to lose in the playoffs.

1.30- Laviska Shenault Jr., WR, Colorado
2.62- Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic
3.94- Jordan Elliott, DL, Missouri
4.136- Alex Taylor, OT, South Carolina State
5.175- Davion Taylor, LB, Colorado
6.192- Josh Love, QB, San Jose State
6.208- Bryce Huff, EDGE, Memphis
6.209- Darrynton Evans, RB, Appalachian State
7.236- Charlie Heck, OT, North Carolina
7.242- John Reid, CB, Penn State
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:01 AM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Packers draft is done. I probably will end up having a few WTF selections when the actual draft takes place, but that's the price you might pay for trying to be bold. The Packers have needed to innovate and try new things (Andy would have won multiple Super Bowls in the Rodgers era if he coached that team), and I think that's one reason why they've been stagnant for so many years, doomed to lose in the playoffs.

1.30- Laviska Shenault Jr., WR, Colorado (42) -12
2.62- Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic (115) -53
3.94- Jordan Elliott, DL, Missouri (88) +6
4.136- Alex Taylor, OT, South Carolina State (undrafted) -109
5.175- Davion Taylor, LB, Colorado (103) +72
6.192- Josh Love, QB, San Jose State (undrafted) -63
6.208- Bryce Huff, EDGE, Memphis (undrafted) -47
6.209- Darrynton Evans, RB, Appalachian State (93) +116
7.236- Charlie Heck, OT, North Carolina (126) +110
7.242- John Reid, CB, Penn State (141) +101
Total: +94

Talk about a boom or bust draft. Lol. Some big whiffs, but some huge hits, two of them thanks to Bill O'Brien overdrafting John Reid and Charlie Heck.

Thanks, Texans!
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:21 PM 04-13-2020
Cleveland Browns select Tremayne Anchrum, G, Clemson
[Reply]
Sfeihc 05:24 PM 04-13-2020
The Tennessee Titans have completed their draft.

1) Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU

2) Julian Okwara, Edge, ND

3) Matt Peart, OT, UCONN

5) Quintez Cephus, WR, WISCO

7) Kindle Vildor, CB, Georgia Southern

7) Kamal Martin, LB, Minnesota

7) Darius Anderson, RB, TCU

Blacklock became a HUGE need after parting ways with J. Casey.

Furthur help was needed on the defense with the pass rush and Okwara's brother plays for the Lions and really likes Dead & Co. During these times it is important to get back Truckin' on.....

With Conklin moving onto the Browns a need for a OT was filled with the Peart pick. Also, RIP Neal Peart. The best I've ever had the pleasure to see.

Quintez Cephus has one of the best names in the draft along with Kindle Vildor. Don't read too much into these picks. The kids can play.

Martin knows how to row the boat and how can I pass on a U of M kid? (Thanks for hearding the cats again this year, ReachSNR).

Anderson was necessary since Henry is on that downward slide after KC smothered him like sausage gravy on biscuits in the AFC Championship.

All the best to the other GMs. Whatever you do, take care of your shoes.

Gravy train this Super Bowl for all it's worth. We know the decades of torture that we've had to endure to get here.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:33 PM 04-13-2020
Really like my Browns draft. I challenge Dickface McBaseball to do better than this.

1.10 - Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
2.41 - Antoine Winfield Jr., S, Minnesota
3.74 - Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming
3.97 - Ashtyn Davis, S, Cal
4.115 - Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma
6.187 - Kalija Lipscomb, WR, Vanderbilt
7.244 - Tremayne Anchrum, G, Clemson
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:12 AM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Really like my Browns draft. I challenge Dickface McBaseball to do better than this.

1.10 - Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia (4) +6
2.41 - Antoine Winfield Jr., S, Minnesota (45) -4
3.74 - Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming (65) +9
3.97 - Ashtyn Davis, S, Cal (68) +29
4.115 - Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma (53) +62
6.187 - Kalija Lipscomb, WR, Vanderbilt (undrafted) -68
7.244 - Tremayne Anchrum, G, Clemson (250) -6
Total: +26

Low number, but that's only because I didn't have any whopping lucky-ass draft hits. I had three of those with the Packers (but also multiple big busts).

Here the only big(ish) bust was Lipscomb, but to be honest, with how highly regarded he is among the Chiefs class of UDFAs, I feel fine about taking him in the 6th. I also made a good choice of choosing Thomas over Wirfs.

I said baseball tard should try having a better draft than this, and, well... he probably did. But I'm going to claim that was Andrew Berry and not him.

1. Jedrick Wills
2. Grant Delpit
3. Jordan Elliott
3. Jacob Phillips
4. Harrison Bryant
5. Nick Harris
6. Donovan Peoples-Jones
[Reply]
Direckshun 06:08 AM 04-14-2020
The San Francisco 49ers select RB Patrick Taylor, Memphis.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:29 AM 04-14-2020
Miami Dolphins select, Jace Whittaker, CB, Arizona
[Reply]
Chargem 11:03 AM 04-14-2020
The Giants select:

Kyle Murphy, OL, Rhode Island
[Reply]
Page 53 of 57
« First < 3434950515253 54555657 >
Up