ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 71 of 190
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:56 AM 06-02-2021
If Davis sits, you must LeQuit.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:58 AM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Oh, come on.

Brady may have not played well in the NFC Championship game but that does not erase his accomplishment of 2020 in which he joined a brand new team, moved his family across the country, learned a brand new offense (during a pandemic!) and unable to participate in a normal offseason of OTA's and Minicamps, while learning and developing team chemistry throughout the season.
That's great and all, but if he didn't have an elite defense that carried him to another title, none of that would matter. He'd just be another QB that had a good season (he was probably barely a top 10 QB last year and even that might be generous given where his arm strength is now).

Michael Jordan didn't have to be carried to titles.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:59 AM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
That's great and all, but if he didn't have an elite defense that carried him to another title, none of that would matter.

Michael Jordan didn't have to be carried to titles.
Michael Jordan didn't switch teams during a pandemic, nor did he play effectively until age 43 and beyond.

His time with the Wizards was a failure.

Brady won yet another Super Bowl.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:02 PM 06-02-2021
Michael Jordan didn't switch teams during a pandemic, nor did he play effectively until age 43 and beyond.

Oh, I agree. Brady's longevity at the highest level is to be admired. But he never reached the heights Michael Jordan did at any point in his career in terms of sheer dominance of his respective sport. As I've said before, I don't know that Brady was ever even the best QB in the league for an extended period of time. Peyton Manning was better than him for most of his early career, Aaron Rodgers was better than him for most of the middle of his career, and Patrick Mahomes is better than him now (and by a lot).

Michael Jordan was the best player in the world from his 3rd year in the league (1986) until 1998. LeBron was the best player in the world from around 2005 to now. Brady is not comparable.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:04 PM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I mean, I understand the Brady hate around here, but the guy has done it for however long and now has gone two separate places.
Piss off O
[Reply]
staylor26 12:04 PM 06-02-2021

Dude, playing QB until you’re 43 versus a guard playing basketball into their 40s are two entirely different things.

Also, I’m sure Brady wouldn’t have been seen as a success if he went to a team like the Jaguars. The Wizards were awful, but MJ still had some great individual performances.

The problem here is that people are giving Brady too much credit for team accomplishments. Again, you put Rodgers or Manning in his situation and the outcomes are probably very similar. You absolutely can’t say that about MJ or Lebron.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:11 PM 06-02-2021
And I’m sorry, but “switching teams during a pandemic” doesn’t mean anything when he clearly upgraded on both sides of the ball. Better weapons, OL, and defense. If Brady stayed in NE, he might not have even made the playoffs.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:14 PM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Dude, playing QB until you’re 43 versus a guard playing basketball into their 40s are two entirely different things.

Also, I’m sure Brady wouldn’t have been seen as a success if he went to a team like the Jaguars. The Wizards were awful, but MJ still had some great individual performances.

The problem here is that people are giving Brady too much credit for team accomplishments. Again, you put Rodgers or Manning in his situation and the outcomes are probably very similar. You absolutely can’t say that about MJ or Lebron.
Yeah but the thing is, no one else has been able to do what Tom Brady's done, which is to win seven Super Bowls.

I give the man credit where credit it due and it's definitely due for Tom Brady.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:17 PM 06-02-2021
And I’m sorry, but “switching teams during a pandemic” doesn’t mean anything when he clearly upgraded on both sides of the ball. Better weapons, OL, and defense. If Brady stayed in NE, he might not have even made the playoffs.
So? Player upgrades are something that every team strives for each season.

Brady didn't stay in New England so that's not even worth discussing.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:18 PM 06-02-2021
Yeah but the thing is, no one else has been able to do what Tom Brady's done, which is to win seven Super Bowls.

I give the man credit where credit it due and it's definitely due for Tom Brady.
Oh I have no problem giving Brady credit. He’s absolutely the GOAT.

I just don’t think he’s as dominant as MJ or Lebron.

Basketball is just different. One guy can carry a team to multiple championships. In football, it takes a team. Brady’s last 2 Super Bowls he had the best defense in the league and he obviously has nothing to do with that.

MJ and Lebron made their team defense championship caliber on top of what they did offensively.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:18 PM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Piss off O
If there's a CP member that's more worthless than your stupid ass, I've yet to see him or her.

You bring absolutely nothing of value to any conversation.

You're like an SDH wanna be that falls very, very short of that mark.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:19 PM 06-02-2021
So? Player upgrades are something that every team strives for each season.

Brady didn't stay in New England so that's not even worth discussing.
It’s absolutely worth discussing because you’re saying that he “switched teams during a pandemic” as if it made things more difficult, but it didn’t.

I’m not trying to shit on Brady here at all, but it’s the truth.

He has 3 WR’s that could be #1s, the leagues best defense, and a top 10 OL.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:20 PM 06-02-2021
There's a possibility that LeBron could continue winning titles as he becomes a complementary player as he enters his 40s. Should he be given the same credit for those titles as the titles he won when he was carrying franchises? Obviously not, so why should Brady now?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:21 PM 06-02-2021
Although that analogy also requires an admission that Brady actually carried his teams when he was younger, which I don't think he did either. He almost always had the benefit of an elite defense behind him in NE.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:22 PM 06-02-2021
Oh I have no problem giving Brady credit. He’s absolutely the GOAT.

I just don’t think he’s as dominant as MJ or Lebron.

Basketball is just different. One guy can carry a team to multiple championships. In football, it takes a team. Brady’s last 2 Super Bowls he had the best defense in the league and he obviously has nothing to do with that.

MJ and Lebron made their team offense and defense championship caliber on top of what they did offensively.
I get that, for sure. But as you said, they're different sports but the fact that Brady can do what he does at age 43 is absolutely insane.

Man, I've always eaten well, exercised nearly every day, and taken care of my body but holy shit, age 40 is such a bitch!

I'm just in awe of these guys that can perform at that level at or near that age.
[Reply]
Page 71 of 190
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121171 > Last »
Up