ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 323
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official Chiefs VS Colts Divisional Round Playoff Game Thread ****
Mr. Flopnuts 10:23 PM 01-06-2019
You're a bunch of superstitious children. Enjoy the Lamar Hunt trophy game from Arrowhead Stadium 2 weeks from today. Their Luck ran out. Our time is now.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:00 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
False. We won several close games this season and the defense closed several of them out and they also lost a few.

And Yes to some extent. They wont dominate but they will play OK just like they did in the last 2 playoff games. Difference is we will have more offense this time.
We dominated bad QB’s like Keenum, Bortles, Carr, Dalton and Rosen.

This defense has been roasted by good QB’s like Brady, Goff, Rivers and Wilson.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:01 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They do attack. It gets them burned. You don't freaking blitz QBs like Andrew Luck. You'd think people would learn stuff like this by now.
I dunno, the only thing that seemed to work for Houston last week was the 5 man pressures in the 2nd half
[Reply]
RunKC 03:04 PM 01-08-2019
They do attack. It gets them burned. You don't freaking blitz QBs like Andrew Luck. You'd think people would learn stuff like this by now.
Lot of folks are gonna be mad when we only rush 3 on a lot of passing downs due to that OL and how fast Luck gets the ball out.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:05 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Pushead2:
Not talking about blitzing.

I'm talking about not sitting back 8-10yrds when they need 5 for a first, not shooting gaps, rushing 3 and going into prevent.

All things that constantly burn the Chiefs' defense.
When they stay disciplined and tackle, those things work. When they don't, NOTHING works.

It's all about player execution. Not "bringing pressure".
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:07 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I dunno, the only thing that seemed to work for Houston last week was the 5 man pressures in the 2nd half
If the Chiefs consistently send 5, expect to see a dozen defensive holding/PI penalties on the backend. With this secondary, that's a recipe for disaster.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:15 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
False. We won several close games this season and the defense closed several of them out and they also lost a few.

And Yes to some extent. They wont dominate but they will play OK just like they did in the last 2 playoff games. Difference is we will have more offense this time.
Yeah I dont I dont understand people acting like this D hasnt made a stop when it mattered. Yeah, everyone knows theyre not good, but they are good enough to make a few stops, and with Andy's record after a bye week and how good this O is, thats all we need to win.

I know this has its own thread, but this D plays a hell of alot better at home. No team scored over 30 points against us at home and only 2 teams scored over 24 points. The D is averaging 18 ppg at home and that would put them at number 3 for ppg. If our D holds the opponent under 30 then we will win. I know some will say the teams weve stopped at home sucked, but so have the teams the Colts have beaten recently.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:22 PM 01-08-2019
If the Chiefs consistently send 5, expect to see a dozen defensive holding/PI penalties on the backend. With this secondary, that's a recipe for disaster.
Maybe but if they aren’t getting solid pressure with 4, you’re asking for disaster on the back end anyways. They’ll hold them breaking out of their timing routes (comebacks, deep outs, etc). They’ll give those plays up still.

The rush can’t be predictable. I’d mix it up between 4 and 5 consistently, and whichever is getting the best results early in the game, use that for the majority of the 2nd half. For Houston, sending 5 was by far the better option.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:25 PM 01-08-2019
When they stay disciplined and tackle, those things work. When they don't, NOTHING works.

It's all about player execution. Not "bringing pressure".
Yep, most of our dbacks dont have the speed to keep up, so they have to play off. Id rather them not get completely burnt and get a PI or allow a big reception. They just have a hard time executing and thats on the players and coaches. I put more blame on the players because the best players can make incompetent coaches look good(kinda how DT and that D made Gunther look good), but great coaches cant make incompetent players look good.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:25 PM 01-08-2019
Maybe but if they aren’t getting solid pressure with 4, you’re asking for disaster on the back end anyways. They’ll hold them breaking out of their timing routes (comebacks, deep outs, etc). They’ll give those plays up still.

The rush can’t be predictable. I’d mix it up between 4 and 5 consistently, and whichever is getting the best results early in the game, use that for the majority of the 2nd half. For Houston, sending 5 was by far the better option.
I’m with pugs here. We can’t rely on Luck sitting back there with no pressure. He’s too good.

We need to time our blitzes correctly so we can get our rushers in a position to make a play.

We need to confuse their OL.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:26 PM 01-08-2019

Yep. Gotta mix it up.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:26 PM 01-08-2019

Id send every motherfucking defender every motherfucking play lol.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:27 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’m with pugs here. We can’t rely on Luck sitting back there with no pressure. He’s too good.

We need to time our blitzes correctly so we can get our rushers in a position to make a play.

We need to confuse their OL.
You need to try and do that with 4 guys though, as much as possible. More stunts and twists, oddball alignments, stuff we've seen them do in the past.
[Reply]
O.city 03:40 PM 01-08-2019
Get there with 4. Send 5 occasionally.

The front 4 have to get there.
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:41 PM 01-08-2019
Has their multiple-rookie o-line ever played in an outdoor stadium as loud as post-season Arrowhead? That definitely favors the pass rushers..
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:43 PM 01-08-2019
I know Indy has a good line, but the stats I posted last night show that they too have feasted on playing against very poor pass rushing teams.

It’s really fucking hard to run a pass play and not have at least one of Ford/Houston/Jones beating their man. Happens some, but not often.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 323
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Up