ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 323
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official Chiefs VS Colts Divisional Round Playoff Game Thread ****
Mr. Flopnuts 10:23 PM 01-06-2019
You're a bunch of superstitious children. Enjoy the Lamar Hunt trophy game from Arrowhead Stadium 2 weeks from today. Their Luck ran out. Our time is now.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:35 AM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
FTFY
It isn't always the defense. The offense has had its share of failures over the last 30 years.

I know everybody is scared to death of this defense but anything can happen in the playoffs and the Chiefs failures go well beyond just one unit or the other, it's an organizational disease.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:38 AM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It isn't always the defense. The offense has had its share of failures over the last 30 years.

I know everybody is scared to death of this defense but anything can happen in the playoffs and the Chiefs failures go well beyond just one unit or the other, it's an organizational disease.
It would be a very Chiefs thing for us to lose this weekend because of the offense instead of the defense.
[Reply]
FAH-Q 10:39 AM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
The mind is a powerful thing. This place needs to be beaming with confidence and swagger. This is a new day, a new era. The Chiefs are kicking it off by pummeling their worst nightmare of the previous era.

CHIEFS by 10+.
Exactly. I am literally playing Tupac's Hit Em Up in my head, only replacing every reference to "Bad Boy" with "Colts" or "Andrew Luck", etc. If you wanna be down with the Colts, then eff you too!

I'm done stressing about this game. I started to on Saturday after watching them dominate the Texans. We aren't the Texans and Watson sure as hell isn't Mahomes. It's game over for the Colts this weekend. Bring your brooms, because it's gonna be a mess!!!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:39 AM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by The Pest:
It would be a very Chiefs thing for us to lose this weekend because of the offense instead of the defense.
Won't happen.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:41 AM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by The Pest:
You know, I had a dream the other night that the Chiefs flipped the 2013 script on the Colts.

Mahomes threw 2 picks in the first half, leading to a 28-10 halftime lead for Indy. KC's defense forced a fumble in the 2nd half and Mahomes settled down and KC won 38-35.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:42 AM 01-08-2019
You know, I had a dream the other night that the Chiefs flipped the 2013 script on the Colts.

Mahomes threw 2 picks in the first half, leading to a 28-10 halftime lead for Indy. KC's defense forced a fumble in the 2nd half and Mahomes settled down and KC won 38-35.
I'll be dead by the end of the game if that happens.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:42 AM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Won't happen.
Mahomes is 23 years old and has had apparent early game jitters in nearly every big game. It's not completely unfathomable to think the offense struggles a little, especially early in the game.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 10:46 AM 01-08-2019
Mahomes is 23 years old and has had apparent early game jitters in nearly every big game. It's not completely unfathomable to think the offense struggles a little, especially early in the game.
Not this one, 3 PT a z 275yds in the first half.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:48 AM 01-08-2019
The mind is a powerful thing. This place needs to be beaming with confidence and swagger. This is a new day, a new era. The Chiefs are kicking it off by pummeling their worst nightmare of the previous era.

CHIEFS by 10+.
Schrager compared this defeatist complex Chiefs fans suffer from with what the Red Sox went through prior to the 2004 ALCS. I was lucky enough to be at game 7 of that series when the Red Sox finally vanquished the Yankees, and I was sitting next to Red Sox fans who - until the very last out (Sox won 10-3) - could not possibly believe that their team wouldn't somehow find a way to blow it.

That's just the reality of how this is going to be for a lot of Chiefs fans. They'll never believe until the clock strikes 0:00. I think they're just protecting their emotions, and while I can't blame them for that, I'm willing to roll the dice with a bit more realism and optimism.
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:48 AM 01-08-2019
That's kind of where I'm at.

My brain is screaming "because Mahomes".

My gut is churning "because Chiefs".
Exactly where I am at.

I've seen the refs dick the Chiefs for the majority of the season, I've seen our defense collapse with big leads, and I've seen all of these happen against the fucking Colts.

I absolutely HATE this matchup, as it puts a TON of pressure on Mahomes.

I was hoping for the Ravens or Chargers.... hell anyone other than the Colts.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:50 AM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Schrager compared this defeatist complex Chiefs fans suffer from with what the Red Sox went through prior to the 2004 ALCS. I was lucky enough to be at game 7 of that series when the Red Sox finally vanquished the Yankees, and I was sitting next to Red Sox fans who - until the very last out (Sox won 10-3) - could not possibly believe that their team wouldn't somehow find a way to blow it.

That's just the reality of how this is going to be for a lot of Chiefs fans. They'll never believe until the clock strikes 0:00. I think they're just protecting their emotions, and while I can't blame them for that, I'm willing to roll the dice with a bit more realism and optimism.
And it took an unprecedented miracle to overcome that for the Red Sox. That is my fear - it almost feels like we need our own miracle to overcome this. :-)

W/o holding Dave Szott, or if Lowery makes that FG. Or if Gannon doesn't overthrow Lake Dawson, or if Grbac connects with Dawson in 97 - it would be a whole different landscape. Or if dipshit Bowe makes a little better effort to stay in bounds on 4th down in 2012. Or w/o holding Fisher and maybe we somehow comeback to win. I don't even remember how the game ended last year.

All I ask - can we just fucking not have a bunch of concussions this year? Just that and I think we have a 90% chance to win.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:50 AM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

Realism is a logical quality. Optimism is an emotional quality. For me, those two are at odds when it comes to the Chiefs most of the time. It's just a question of which one is winning at the moment. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:54 AM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Exactly where I am at.

I've seen the refs dick the Chiefs for the majority of the season, I've seen our defense collapse with big leads, and I've seen all of these happen against the fucking Colts.

I absolutely HATE this matchup, as it puts a TON of pressure on Mahomes.

I was hoping for the Ravens or Chargers.... hell anyone other than the Colts.
Look at it this way:

1. If you really look at the "ref" problem this season, it heavily favors home teams and has not nearly as much to do with individual teams. The Chiefs are at home so the refs should favor the Chiefs this time.

2. The Colts aren't any more or less scary than the Ravens or Chargers. You're rationalizing due to the fact the Chiefs beat both of those teams and discounting that both of those teams are actually probably worse matchups of the Chiefs than the Colts. Both of those teams can play good man defense whereas the Colts are a zone team. That matchup favors the Chiefs offense and when it comes to the Chiefs defense, all of the matchups are bad so take the one that helps the offense the most.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 10:55 AM 01-08-2019

[Reply]
RunKC 11:02 AM 01-08-2019
The mind is a powerful thing. This place needs to be beaming with confidence and swagger.
If the Chiefs beat the Colts, you will see a tidal wave of change throughout this entire fanbase and city.

Chiefsplanet would be united like never before. The Royals winning it all is the closest thing to what it would look like, but I don’t think even that would pale in comparison to this.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 323
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Up