ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 111 of 488
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121161211 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
Dante84 02:55 PM 03-16-2022
I'm not panicking but I am clenching my but a little tighter than I was yesterday.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:55 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
We have no idea whether they plan to trade for a veteran or they have a guy in the draft that they’re preparing to be aggressive for.

When they missed out on Williams, we all assumed we were going to be starting a rookie LT for weeks, then the Brown trade revealed everything.

Let things play out.
All of which costs additional draft capital they can ill-afford to spare as these cap issues aren't going away anytime soon.

They absolutely have to start rebuilding this defense through low-cost draft picks and value signings on veterans. Otherwise it will never be remotely sustainable.

And again, the options for the latter are dwindling.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:55 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
If we dont grab Von Miller, ARob or at a minimum Juju/Landry this place is gonna freak out.
Understand why they will freak out they are just grasping at names. A guy like Jauan Jennings is better than pretty much anyone on the names you listed at this point. Those are the kinda moves Veach needs to make
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 02:57 PM 03-16-2022
Feels like Veach has another major trade in the works. Danielle Hunter, Josh Allen, maybe even swinging for the fences in Chase Young? Fletcher Cox on the interior and then draft edge?
[Reply]
staylor26 02:57 PM 03-16-2022
Maybe while the rest of the AFCW is stacking up at EDGE, Veach is going to trade up for Wyatt and have the best interior pass rush in the division.

There’s just no telling what their plan is.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:57 PM 03-16-2022
Weird that we haven’t even heard where they’re at on cap space at this point.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:57 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Certainly hope not considering they haven't started.

:-)
Well I mean, I think they have about 27 guys under contract right now. So no, they obviously aren't done.

The question is not whether they'll add someone. It's whether they're going to start adding people that are cost effective and productive.

Randy Gregory is not the former. Frank Clark is not the latter. But again - pickin's is getting awfully slim folks.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:57 PM 03-16-2022
The cap is myth or something
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:59 PM 03-16-2022
Do you need to have space to agree to terms? I honestly don't know the answer to that question.

I know they were $10M over as of this morning, and had to get under almost an hour ago.
'Agreeing to terms' doesn't mean anything. It's not even binding. That's how Gregory ended up flipping to the Broncos and McKissic went back to Washington. They 'agreed to terms' until they didn't. It's a handshake agreement essentially.

So no, they don't have to be under the cap for that sort of thing.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:00 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
'Agreeing to terms' doesn't mean anything. It's not even binding. That's how Gregory ended up flipping to the Broncos and McKissic went back to Washington. They 'agreed to terms' until they didn't. It's a handshake agreement essentially.

So no, they don't have to be under the cap for that sort of thing.
So none of these deals are official until Friday?

Safe to assume the cap space would have to be available on Friday/day of signing though, correct?
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:00 PM 03-16-2022
The Chiefs aren’t going to have the cap space to keep taking big swings.

Veach already said in his presser that they wouldn’t be very active in the first week of FA.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:01 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
All of which costs additional draft capital they can ill-afford to spare as these cap issues aren't going away anytime soon.

They absolutely have to start rebuilding this defense through low-cost draft picks and value signings on veterans. Otherwise it will never be remotely sustainable.

And again, the options for the latter are dwindling.
And maybe that is the plan. Actually that probably is the plan.

And if it is, that’s fine, and smart.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:01 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The Chiefs aren’t going to have the cap space to keep taking big swings.

Veach already said in his presser that they wouldn’t be very active in the first week of FA.
Well he's been true to his word, lol
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:01 PM 03-16-2022
Isn’t edge rusher supposed to be the best/deepest position in this year’s draft?
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:02 PM 03-16-2022
Well he's been true to his word, lol
Reid was an A+ signing. Now they just need depth along the defensive line and possibly a WR2. All of these guys can be had after the first week.
[Reply]
Page 111 of 488
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121161211 > Last »
Up