ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4867 of 4898
« First < 3867436747674817485748634864486548664867 48684869487048714877 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Katipan 07:05 PM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
This Is A Troll Thread. Chiefs Fans Know This. Bronco Fans Knows This. REPEAT. This Is And Has Been A Troll Thread. Knowmo Knows This. Everybody Knows This
Post #72990

Stfu
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:16 PM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
This Is A Troll Thread. Chiefs Fans Know This. Bronco Fans Knows This. REPEAT. This Is And Has Been A Troll Thread. Knowmo Knows This. Everybody Knows This
The thread lost its burst about… 8 years ago.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 08:28 PM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Lets say that’s the latest they could have drafted him… doesn’t mean the team at 18 was willing to trade up.
Everyone is always willing to trade up. It doesn't necessarily mean they are willing to pay the price you want, but everyone is always willing to move up.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 05:20 AM 05-07-2024
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
Everyone is always willing to trade up. It doesn't necessarily mean they are willing to pay the price you want, but everyone is always willing to move up.
Umm, no shit.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:28 AM 05-07-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
This thread reveals that a lot of Chiefs fans are not really as over the Because Chiefs era, like they claim.

We now have the greatest QB in NFL history, and we have 3 SB Rings, and 4 SB appearances in the last 4 years, not to mention 6 straight AFC Championship Games, with 5 of those at home.

Yet, the majority of the posters in this thread have to tear down and degrade Nix, just so they can feel better about their QB. But, why? Our QB is without question the best QB in the NFL today.

They do the same thing with Lamar, and pretty much any QB who gets attention from the media. It's like they are afraid that Because Chiefs is coming back, and just in case it happens, they have to establish that Nix and Jackson, and everyone else not Mahomes, are inferior to Mahomes and/or just sucks.

I don't know if Nix will be successful, but if Payton thinks his workout was second only to Mahomes, I will wait to see what happens before passing judgement.

And, if he plays well, most of these posters will have excuses as to why. They will say it's the scheme, or bad opponents, or luck, or they will say something like, "So what he played well. That doesn't mean he is good. Let's see him do it X amount of seasons and then talk to me" or still point to the fact that even though Nix was good, he isn't Mahomes which they will claim still makes them correct.

Maybe Nix will crash and burn. Maybe Nix will be a good NFL QB. Maybe Nix will be a top tier NFL QB. The truth is, none of us really know until games are live. The history of the NFL is littered with QBs who were highly touted who failed miserably, and QBs who were afterthoughts that became superstars.
:-) Good fucking grief, what a sanctimonious faggot.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 05:54 AM 05-07-2024
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Umm, no shit.
Exactly. So your comment that the team at #18 might not be willing to trade up is just crap. If Denver had traded down from 12 to 18, still drafted Nix, and gotten anything at all in trade, it would have been worth it. It's not very realistic, but OTOH we were just told how Paton had "read the draft extremely well," so that right there is the statement that is the real problem. Frankly, Paton has been so bad as a GM that I'm really surprised he still has the job.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:12 AM 05-07-2024
This thread reveals that a lot of Chiefs fans are not really as over the Because Chiefs era, like they claim.

We now have the greatest QB in NFL history, and we have 3 SB Rings, and 4 SB appearances in the last 4 years, not to mention 6 straight AFC Championship Games, with 5 of those at home.

Yet, the majority of the posters in this thread have to tear down and degrade Nix, just so they can feel better about their QB. But, why? Our QB is without question the best QB in the NFL today.

They do the same thing with Lamar, and pretty much any QB who gets attention from the media. It's like they are afraid that Because Chiefs is coming back, and just in case it happens, they have to establish that Nix and Jackson, and everyone else not Mahomes, are inferior to Mahomes and/or just sucks.

I don't know if Nix will be successful, but if Payton thinks his workout was second only to Mahomes, I will wait to see what happens before passing judgement.

And, if he plays well, most of these posters will have excuses as to why. They will say it's the scheme, or bad opponents, or luck, or they will say something like, "So what he played well. That doesn't mean he is good. Let's see him do it X amount of seasons and then talk to me" or still point to the fact that even though Nix was good, he isn't Mahomes which they will claim still makes them correct.

Maybe Nix will crash and burn. Maybe Nix will be a good NFL QB. Maybe Nix will be a top tier NFL QB. The truth is, none of us really know until games are live. The history of the NFL is littered with QBs who were highly touted who failed miserably, and QBs who were afterthoughts that became superstars.
Or….it could be people giving each other shit on the internet. If KC had reached for a QB that no one else had given a first round grade, you don’t think Denver fans would be laughing their asses off?
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:31 AM 05-07-2024
I called Nix a draft bust 8 times before I had breakfast this morning.

I'm just getting started.

Nix is a draft bust.

There I just did it again.
[Reply]
ptlyon 06:39 AM 05-07-2024
Obsess much?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:03 AM 05-07-2024

Wrong. It’s called “punching down”. It should be beneath us, but it isn’t because it’s at Denver’s expense and it’s fun.

We should keep doing it. All the time. Forever. And enjoy it.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:52 AM 05-07-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Again, it feels lazy, but i see Will Levis in Maye. Plenty of talent but a ton of rough edges.
Yeah they would be nuts to throw that kid out there this year unless it’s the last 2-3 games at the end of the season. Kid is still only 21 let him learn.

I liked their draft a lot. Would hate to have Maye start early with Javon Baker and Ja’Lynn Polk still learning the NFL game. Fortunately I think they’ll be smart and start Brissett.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:05 AM 05-07-2024
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Too many people conflate “high ceiling” with “big arm.”

You don’t have to have an arm like Allen, Mahomes, Drew Lock, or Jordan Love to have a high ceiling.

The best season a QB has ever had came from a QB who had the weakest arm in the league at the time.
This is what a high ceiling looks like Knowmo. Nix didn’t make many tight window accurate passes down the field on the run, especially at Oregon.

🐷🐷🐷🐷 https://t.co/b93WUnrFEV pic.twitter.com/4D6c6mEvmu

— Werbert (@DurMickey) May 7, 2024

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:14 AM 05-07-2024
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Too many people conflate “high ceiling” with “big arm.”

You don’t have to have an arm like Allen, Mahomes, Drew Lock, or Jordan Love to have a high ceiling.

The best season a QB has ever had came from a QB who had the weakest arm in the league at the time.
Broncos fan wants to educate Chiefs fans on the merits of Alex Smith 2.0.

Cool. Have fun with that one, buddy.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:27 AM 05-07-2024
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
Exactly. So your comment that the team at #18 might not be willing to trade up is just crap. If Denver had traded down from 12 to 18, still drafted Nix, and gotten anything at all in trade, it would have been worth it. It's not very realistic, but OTOH we were just told how Paton had "read the draft extremely well," so that right there is the statement that is the real problem. Frankly, Paton has been so bad as a GM that I'm really surprised he still has the job.
Weird rebuttal.. you’re wrapped around the word willing and confusing it with the desire to send the picks to trade up by the team at 18.
[Reply]
MagicHef 09:40 AM 05-07-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Out of curiosity, just how many QBs did Payton draft, ever? In the first round?

Also, not for nothing, but neither did the Chiefs execs until 2017. Who did we draft instead of Dan Marino?
In his 15 years at NO, he drafted 4 QBs, none in the 1st.
[Reply]
Page 4867 of 4898
« First < 3867436747674817485748634864486548664867 48684869487048714877 > Last »
Up