ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 18
« First < 71314151617 18 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Does anyone else think we'll be fine?
Titty Meat 09:45 PM 09-27-2021
This needs to be the teams theme song

https://youtu.be/uIbXvaE39wM
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:44 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
This needs to be the teams theme song

https://youtu.be/uIbXvaE39wM
are you gay
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:57 AM 09-28-2021
Despite what we might feel emotionally about Sunday's game, the defense was much, much better at a lot of things. Stopping the run, for instance, where they went from historically bad to 3.5 ypc and 77 yards.

Yes the pass rush is a problem, and yes, the red zone defense is a problem.

They were also gassed early as we turned the ball over 3 straight possessions. And we were down what....like 4 guys.

They were put in a pretty impossible position. They won't be terrible for long, and I expect improvement each game as the season goes on.

We're not going to turn the ball over 4 times per game either. And frankly, if we hadn't done that, we'd have wiped the floor with The Chargers and everyone would be talking about how dominant we were.

But we didn't, and we aren't, and we are what we are.

They'll get it turned around.
[Reply]
Coogs 04:36 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Despite what we might feel emotionally about Sunday's game, the defense was much, much better at a lot of things. Stopping the run, for instance, where they went from historically bad to 3.5 ypc and 77 yards.

Yes the pass rush is a problem, and yes, the red zone defense is a problem.

They were also gassed early as we turned the ball over 3 straight possessions. And we were down what....like 4 guys.

They were put in a pretty impossible position. They won't be terrible for long, and I expect improvement each game as the season goes on.

We're not going to turn the ball over 4 times per game either. And frankly, if we hadn't done that, we'd have wiped the floor with The Chargers and everyone would be talking about how dominant we were.

But we didn't, and we aren't, and we are what we are.

They'll get it turned around.
I'm not sure I buy that theory in this one. One turnover was after a 10 play drive, and the other 2 were 5 and 6 play drives. The 20 yard return and penalty on CEH for a low block on the "fumble" by Hill gave the Chargers good field position. As did the fumble by Clyde. Two 50 yard drives was probably more responsible for points than fatigue.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:56 AM 09-28-2021
The INT in the Super Bowl didn't help his case with his teammates. Not to mention a couple of them were just straight up head cases that can't get jobs today because of their toxic personalities.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:11 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
The INT in the Super Bowl didn't help his case with his teammates. Not to mention a couple of them were just straight up head cases that can't get jobs today because of their toxic personalities.
I'm out of the loop on this convo: what are we referring to here?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:42 AM 09-28-2021
To OP:

Sure do.

The Chiefs really should be 2-1 with a loss to the Browns and wings against the Ravens.

Weird things happen sometimes, and sometimes they last an entire season. But I wouldn't expect it.

It sucks that the Chiefs lost to the Chargers. It makes the season harder. But they also moved the wall mostly at will, were -4 in turnovers, and still lost by a single score.

It sucks that the Chiefs lost to the Ravens. It makes the season harder.

But I do wonder... is the team better in the end because it lost these games and is less "comfortable" and actually works on things?

Do they bring in Gordon if they're 3-0?

Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
They're talking about the Super Bowl the Seahawks lost because Wilson threw an INT in the end zone.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:43 AM 09-28-2021
Russell Wilson and Seattle.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:53 AM 09-29-2021
Some day somebody's gonna make you want to turn around and say goodbye
Until then, baby, are you going to let 'em hold you down and make you cry?
Don't you know?
Don't you know, things can change
Things'll go your way
If you hold... on for one more day
Can you hold... on for one more day?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:37 PM 09-28-2021
Did we quit and cry in our cheerios when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? NO.

Did we quit and cry like babies when Mahomes hurt his knee and we had to turn to Moonlight Moore? NO.

When we were down 24-0 in the playoffs against Houston? NO

well, some of y'all did.

It's a rough start, but it's a LONG season, and there's plenty of reason to expect improvement and if you were to ask the entire NFL if they'd rather be a Chief right now than where they're at, 99% would privately say YES.

We'll be fine. We'll be better than fine. The rookies will get better, the 2nd year guys and new guys to the systems will all improve as we go.

We'll get enough defense to hold the line and Patrick and the boys will drop 30 on any defense alive at any time.

THIS BUS STOPS IN L.A.

You want off? Get your brokedick crybaby ass the fuck off my bus. Glad I didn't serve with any of you wet blankets.

The rest of you TAKE HEART. We've overcome adversity before, and triumphed! We will do so again!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:31 PM 09-28-2021
Guess I killed the thread.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:35 PM 09-28-2021
I’m holding onto the bus for dear life. I refuse to let go.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:58 AM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’m holding onto the bus for dear life. I refuse to let go.
Is it your favorite team's bus? If so; who'd that be???
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:56 AM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Is it your favorite team's bus? If so; who'd that be???
It is. It is the team bus of the Kansas City Chiefs!!! My favorite team and we are taking the bus to the SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
BossChief 10:47 PM 09-28-2021
Clark exploding to bits
Jones learning a new position and having growing pains.
Reed learning a new defense
Bolton playing full time as a rookie and flashing exactly why we took him innrou d 2, while also having growing pains.
Losing Gay to injury
Thornhill regressing

We’re only 3 games into the year.

Playing against 3 unique offenses that test you in different ways with high quality players that have unique traits it’s hard to prepare for.

I think this will be a much better defense in the second half of the year over the first half once everything starts to hit on all cylinders. Lots of things contributing to the below expected level of the final product.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 18
« First < 71314151617 18 >
Up