ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Interesting look inside the Jaguars draft room
Mecca 10:59 AM 05-26-2023

Fascinating look Inside the #Jaguars Draft Room:

The Jags made the decision to trade down twice, risking missing out on picking OT Anton Harrison.

GM Trent Baalke forced the #Giants and #Bills to tell him which side of the ball they'll pick: "Offense or defense?"

Baakle got… pic.twitter.com/QlyZJ7VKBt

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) May 26, 2023

#Jaguars GM Trent Baalke to Brandon Beane: "Is it Big or Small?"

"I'm taking a big risk here, would you give us something above 137?, I'm going to stay put otherwise."

Baalke eventually got the Bills to send pick 130 instead of 137.

More here:https://t.co/EOY9ZBxTUZ

Inside the #Jaguars Draft Room: Part 2 - Later on in the Draft, GM Trent Baalke and HC Doug Pederson got frustrated about not being able to trade up with anyone.

"Tried to trade with 23 teams, 35 phone calls... tried to make 20 trades."

The Jags got lucky as their guy, Florida… pic.twitter.com/Jevb5i4LOb

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:01 AM 05-26-2023
Jaguars don't have a GM that panics and trades the number 6 pick for a second rounder any more I see.
[Reply]
neech 11:17 AM 05-26-2023
That's nice to have saddam hussein invited to be right in the room while they picked.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:27 AM 05-26-2023
I wonder how it changes the draft to have the warrooms hidden from view, as opposed to back in the olden days when every team was in the same room. You can bluff a lot more now, I would think, and I bet there's more negotiating.
[Reply]
cabletech94 11:39 AM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Jaguars don't have a GM that panics and trades the number 6 pick for a second rounder any more I see.
3 2nd round picks, sir!!!
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:07 PM 05-26-2023
Surely it's not as interesting as the Texans in 2017 after they underwhelmingly got "their guy" 2nd place Deshaun
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:09 PM 05-26-2023
I love this kind of stuff and also I think this debunks the KC-Cowboys trade rumor.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:07 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Surely it's not as interesting as the Texans in 2017 after they underwhelmingly got "their guy" 2nd place Deshaun
The memory of watching their war room react to drafting Watson after we jumped in front of them to get Mahomes will always make me smile.

And just for S&G's since I'm thinking about it, here are the nine players selected before Mahomes in 2017

1) Myles Garret - DE - Cleveland (made sense at the time, I suppose)
2) Mitchell Trubisky - QB - Chicago ( :-) )
3) Solomon Thomas - DE - San Fran (???)
4) Leonard Fournette - RB - JAZ ( :-) )
5) Corey Davis - WR - Tennessee ( :-) )
6) Jamal Adams - S - NYJ ( :-) )
7) Mike Williams - WR - Chargers (solid player and a pain in our ass, but a better pick than Mahomes?)
8) Christian McCafferey - RB - Carolina (fantastic player, but not Mahomes-level good)
9) John Ross - WR - Cincinnati (sweet Jesus :-) )
[Reply]
Bowser 01:10 PM 05-26-2023
And to follow up on Solomon Thomas because I knew little of him - he's on his third team in six seasons and has 10 sacks total in that time. Absolute bust. So, San Fran gets the :-) treatment as well.
[Reply]
Sofa King 02:54 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I wish I could see video of their faces again but I can't find it anywhere. I wanna see all the sad Texan's faces. Shame.
[Reply]
crispystl 04:05 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
The memory of watching their war room react to drafting Watson after we jumped in front of them to get Mahomes will always make me smile.

And just for S&G's since I'm thinking about it, here are the nine players selected before Mahomes in 2017

7) Mike Williams - WR - Chargers (solid player and a pain in our ass, but a better pick than Mahomes?)
8) Christian McCafferey - RB - Carolina (fantastic player, but not Mahomes-level good)
Jumping Buffalo for Mcduffie last year was bad ass too. Even more so now that his play has legitimatized it all.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:14 PM 05-26-2023

Adams isn't that bad of a pick. Hes top 3 of all these names. He's been a 1st team AP and 2 time 2nd team AP.
[Reply]
BossChief 06:31 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Jumping Buffalo for Mcduffie last year was bad ass too. Even more so now that his play has legitimatized it all.
You know when I really knew Trent was going to be the real deal?

The franchise episode showing his house he bought and the look on his face while talking about his film room. He was genuinely excited to finally be in the room he’s going to spend countless hours in breaking down opponents. That mixed with his effectiveness in college (complete shutdown guy) and his physical tools just was confirming the kid was going to be a very special player at a crucial position.

The best is when when it was announced we traded up for him snd you can hear Buffalo guys cursing at the moment. Lol

What a great time to be a chiefs fan.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:43 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Adams isn't that bad of a pick. Hes top 3 of all these names. He's been a 1st team AP and 2 time 2nd team AP.
Ok, that's fair. Him being a head case and getting traded lost him some points, but you're right he's a rock at safety.

Here's a fun fact I learned looking him up - his first career interception came against the Lions in '18.....against Matt Cassel. Don't know what's more shocking, that it was against Cassel or that Cassel was still in the league in 2018!
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:27 PM 05-26-2023
Ok, that's fair. Him being a head case and getting traded lost him some points, but you're right he's a rock at safety.

Here's a fun fact I learned looking him up - his first career interception came against the Lions in '18.....against Matt Cassel. Don't know what's more shocking, that it was against Cassel or that Cassel was still in the league in 2018!
The fact that Cassel was still in the league in 2018 is pretty fucked lol. The fact that he has the opportunity to throw an int is even more fucked, cuz no way should he be playing 6 years after his nightmare with the Chiefs was over.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up