ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 270
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
O.city 02:55 PM 03-01-2023
I mean if you want a true Z WR who can do all the stuff that comes with what they want....he'd fit pretty well right?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:57 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Hard pass for a 2nd. There will be some really nice WRs available in the 2nd round this year.

I'd also prefer to not tie up cap space in an aging WR.
You're not getting DHop impact in this draft's 2nd round.
[Reply]
oldman 03:00 PM 03-01-2023
The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver kind of says it all, doesn't it? What would we have to give up to gain said "SWR"?? Jones? Yeah, right. I think I'll pass since we have MVS, Toney, and Moore under contract. Add 2 of the Ross clan's finest, a Juju that wants to come back, and the draft on the horizon. We have to quit jizzing ourselves over WRs when we don't have a LT (or RT for that matter) and important current team members due some cash in a couple years.

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver. Big deal. What we do have is one Patrick Lavon Mahomes II. Let that sink in for a bit.
[Reply]
Hoover 03:00 PM 03-01-2023
I guess it depends.

What are his cap hits for the remaining years of his contract. And can I just walk away if he declines? If so I might be tempted, but I doubt he will get you a 2nd. I can see the Chiefs dangling a combination of picks with the highest being a 4th.
[Reply]
notorious 03:01 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Wut? Those aren't the cap hits for the team that trades for him. Arizona eats roughly 22 million in dead money and it's essentially a 2 year roughly 35 million dollar deal.
17.5/year.

Damn, that’s a tough call.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:01 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
You're not getting DHop impact in this draft's 2nd round.
We weren't getting Hill's "impact" in the draft either, but it was still the right move. The contract matters. The trade compensation matters. The age and years of control matter.
[Reply]
ROYC75 03:02 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I mean if you want a true Z WR who can do all the stuff that comes with what they want....he'd fit pretty well right?
Can he? At 31 when the season grows upon us! For how long?

If both players plays until 34 yrs of age, do you want the guy that is 31 when the season starts or the one that will be 27 when the season starts?

Now the thing we do not know are the unknowns! Injuries, how long one plays so you have to look at all the other things around it.
[Reply]
O.city 03:02 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
17.5/year.

Damn, that’s a tough call.
I'd rather pay him that, than JJSS 14 I think.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:03 PM 03-01-2023
If Juju wants 15 million I trade the 2nd for DHop everytime if he plays on this current contract for us.
[Reply]
O.city 03:03 PM 03-01-2023
He'd be a 1200 yard 8 TD guy here in this offense. Would be fun to see.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:04 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
We weren't getting Hill's "impact" in the draft either, but it was still the right move. The contract matters. The trade compensation matters. The age and years of control matter.
Of course the contract matters.

You don't understand the value if you think DHop isn't worth what he would be paid here for.

The issue is will he want more? If so then no.

If he plays on the current deal it's an easy yes.
[Reply]
Hoover 03:05 PM 03-01-2023
And that's where I am.
[Reply]
New World Order 03:05 PM 03-01-2023
For sure

I think with the amount of contributing rookies we have the play for Hopkins at 17 per isn't a bad idea at all.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:07 PM 03-01-2023
I loved what Juju did for us but he has more limitations.

He is a top 16 NFL WR as a slot, his value drops way off outside.

Veach stated he loves versatility. Dhop can play anywhere at a high level.
[Reply]
O.city 03:09 PM 03-01-2023
I can't imagine he is playing on the current deal.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 270
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Up