ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 34
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Soccer Thread***
POND_OF_RED 10:14 AM 08-06-2021
Creating a new thread for soccer discussion since the Euro’s are done.

Most leagues are in preseason and Sporting KC are currently in a battle for the best record in the league to win the shield. We just sent Busio who’s a young Sporting youth academy player and possible future American star to Venezia to compete in the top division in Italy for a 6.5 million dollar transfer fee with up to $11 million with incentives and a 20% future sell-on rate if they sell him to another team. Not to mention another past youth academy player from Lee’s Summit and another possible World Cup starter Erik Palmer-Brown looks to be joining him at Venezia soon as well. If you’re looking for an Italian team to start rooting for with your new Paramount+ subscription they would be a good candidate with some local flavor.

The U.S has built a little power shift in the CONCACAF region with their wins over Mexico lately in Nations and Gold Cup finals and look to be in really good shape heading into the World Cup qualifiers next month.

Messi looks to be on the move as well. Let’s hope it’s not a worthless one to PSG for everyone’s sake.

Ok, CP feel free to remind me how gay soccer is now. Don’t care. Sporting is kicking ass and so is the USA. It’s a good time to be following along. Discuss…
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Clyde Frog 08:47 AM 03-25-2022
Puli had the best chance of the match and just couldn’t finish. Would have go a a long way to cementing his legend.

If somehow USMNT doesn’t qualify for 2 world cups in his prime it would be a tragedy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
carlos3652 08:57 AM 03-25-2022
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
Puli had the best chance of the match and just couldn’t finish. Would have go a a long way to cementing his legend.

If somehow USMNT doesn’t qualify for 2 world cups in his prime it would be a tragedy.

If they dont, it would be an epic collapse, especially after getting out of Azteca with a point.

CR and Panama are mediocre teams on their best night.

Now I wont say it cant happen - Italy after beating Lithuania 5-0 and having the inside track of qualifying... then tying vs Swiss and N Ireland and losing to North Macedonia to miss out on their 2nd WC in a row is on that level of failure.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 09:10 AM 03-25-2022
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
If they dont, it would be an epic collapse, especially after getting out of Azteca with a point.

CR and Panama are mediocre teams on their best night.

Now I wont say it cant happen - Italy after beating Lithuania 5-0 and having the inside track of qualifying... then tying vs Swiss and N Ireland and losing to North Macedonia to miss out on their 2nd WC in a row is on that level of failure.

Agreed. Italy is collectively 🤌 right now.

WCQ matches feel so random especially with how the USMNT has been playing down to the level of their opponents. US lost to T&T last qualifiers so even though Panama and CR are mediocre I am extremely unsettled at this point.

[Reply]
bdj23 09:45 AM 03-25-2022
I have a friend from Italy, who I woke up to a bunch of depressed messages from.

Poor guy

From EURO champion to out of the WC. Although it seems silly to have a top 5-10 team missing a playoff spot. Could you imagine this in the NCAA tournament?
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:03 AM 03-25-2022
These two teams deserved each other last night. So many missed chances better soccer nations bury in those opportunities. There's a reason the US and Mexico don't have the greatest history of advancing deep in World Cups.

Of all things, Canada has apparently surpassed both countries in this sport.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 05:56 PM 03-29-2022

This is insane! Mo Salah taking a penalty for Egypt with the World Cup on the line and there are 3,000 laser pointers in his eyes.

Take a guess at what happens next…. pic.twitter.com/8PvpKUBksR

— Stu Holden (@stuholden) March 29, 2022

Some controversy today in the Senegal-Egypt World Cup qualifier. Egypts players were hit with laser pointers during the game and in the penalty shootout to determine who goes to the World Cup. Egypt fans have been known to use the same tactic, so it’s hard to fully sympathize with them, but with a spot in the World Cup on the line you hate to see it marred by controversy like that. The way Africa’s qualifying worked out this year sucked. Sad that one of these teams has to miss out as they are obviously the best 2 teams in Africa and Salah is arguably the best player in the world right now so his talent will be missed this winter.

World Cup draw is Friday at 11 am CST. The US all but secured their spot with the dominating win over Panama Sunday as long as we don’t somehow lose by 6 goals tomorrow in Costa Rica. Fingers are crossed to not end up in a group of death.

World Cup Draw - almost final

Pot 1: ���� ���� ���� ���� ���� �������������� ���� ����
Pot 2: ���� ���� ���� ���� ���� ����
Pot 3: ���� ���� ���� ���� ���� ����
Pot 4: ���� ���� ����, ����/���� winner, 3 playoff winners

���� - 3 if ���� qualifies directly or 2
���� / ���� - 2 or playoffs
���� - 3 w win, 4 otherwise
���� - 4 if ���� win, 3 otherwise

— We Global Football (@We_Global) March 29, 2022

[Reply]
Old Dog 10:58 AM 04-01-2022
US drawn into a group with England for the World Cup
[Reply]
Old Dog 11:05 AM 04-01-2022
And Iran, who are the 2nd highest ranked team in Pot 3
[Reply]
alpha_omega 11:09 AM 04-01-2022
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:

Some controversy today in the Senegal-Egypt World Cup qualifier. Egypts players were hit with laser pointers during the game and in the penalty shootout to determine who goes to the World Cup....
Wow, that's messed up.
[Reply]
Old Dog 11:18 AM 04-01-2022
Group of Death it is IMO.....

England (5)
Iran (21)
USA (15)
and one of the following

Wales (18)
Ukraine (27)
Scotland (39)
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 11:47 AM 04-01-2022
Love it! England always chokes in major competitions like this. Gives us a chance to keep that undefeated streak alive against them in non-friendly competitions.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 03:14 PM 04-01-2022
Originally Posted by Old Dog:
Group of Death it is IMO.....

England (5)
Iran (21)
USA (15)
and one of the following

Wales (18)
Ukraine (27)
Scotland (39)
Nah. I don’t think so. Canada has a much tougher draw than us. I think it’s a good not great group.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:22 AM 04-02-2022
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
Nah. I don’t think so. Canada has a much tougher draw than us. I think it’s a good not great group.
I think our draw is tough but could have been worse , we have enough speed and youth up front to potentially give Croatia and Morocco some trouble Belgium although also getting older like Croatia I do t think we have a chance
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 02:32 PM 04-03-2022
As expected, Sporting can’t buy a goal with this offense. Gonna be a loooong year.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:47 PM 04-03-2022
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:

Some controversy today in the Senegal-Egypt World Cup qualifier. Egypts players were hit with laser pointers during the game and in the penalty shootout to determine who goes to the World Cup. Egypt fans have been known to use the same tactic, so it’s hard to fully sympathize with them, but with a spot in the World Cup on the line you hate to see it marred by controversy like that. The way Africa’s qualifying worked out this year sucked. Sad that one of these teams has to miss out as they are obviously the best 2 teams in Africa and Salah is arguably the best player in the world right now so his talent will be missed this winter.

World Cup draw is Friday at 11 am CST. The US all but secured their spot with the dominating win over Panama Sunday as long as we don’t somehow lose by 6 goals tomorrow in Costa Rica. Fingers are crossed to not end up in a group of death.

Can't stand Salah or Eqypt.

Dude choked hard there.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 34
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up