ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 284 of 435
« First < 184234274280281282283284 285286287288294334384 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:22 AM 01-22-2021
Well, he sure fucking sucked against the Browns.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:24 AM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Well, he sure fucking sucked against the Browns.
For all the whining in the game thread about lack of pressure.....it sure seemed like we were getting decent pressure on Mayfield.
[Reply]
Brooklyn 11:28 AM 01-22-2021
people forget what Dee Ford's run D was like. Clark does a good job setting the edge. Defense is overall better because of him. Sacks may come but the scheme seems to be generally working and if he's staying in the scheme, then what's the problem?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:30 AM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
For all the whining in the game thread about lack of pressure.....it sure seemed like we were getting decent pressure on Mayfield.
Yeah, he looked like he fit right in with Danna and Wharton.
[Reply]
-King- 11:39 AM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Brooklyn:
people forget what Dee Ford's run D was like. Clark does a good job setting the edge. Defense is overall better because of him. Sacks may come but the scheme seems to be generally working and if he's staying in the scheme, then what's the problem?
The problem is that he's being paid 100M and the chiefs gave up a 1st and 2nd round pick for him. If the chiefs just wanted someone who could "set the edge" and play within the scheme, they could have gotten that for much cheaper and have had tens of millions to spend elsewhere.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:40 AM 01-22-2021
At this point Veach should just go ahead and plant a heaping helping of booger sugar in his car so we can void that guaranteed money.
[Reply]
O.city 11:45 AM 01-22-2021
I don't give a shit about his run defense. That's to be expected of him with what he's being paid.

Go sack the QB. Alot.

I dunno what the deal is with pass rushers these days, but they don't seem to be what they were even 5 years ago in terms of production. Khalil Mack had a down year for him.

Is it just easier to neutralize outside guys?
[Reply]
TEX 11:55 AM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Playoff Sammy always makes it worth it

I hope he has one more in him.
Except when he starts missing playoff games, like last week, he loses his usefulness.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:01 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Huh...funny, I don't see a lot of people bitching about Mahomes, CEH, Hill, Kelce, Fisher, Jones (save for RunKC), Wharton, Breeland, Mathieu, Sneed, etc. It's almost like people bitch about underperforming players. Wild concept I know.

People wanted a 100mil player to play like a 100mil player. People wanted Sammy to stay healthy. People wanted Mecole to take the next step. People wanted Butker to not set the record for missed XPs.

Why do people have a problem with praising the players who deserve praise and criticism when they deserve it. It's the whole point of a discussion board. I've said before, maybe if you don't want to read about Frank Clark not living up to the hype, you shouldn't click on a thread titled "Frank Clark fucking sucks". It really isn't hard. You can spend your whole day in the Mahomes and Kelce threads and read nothing but great things, yet you're here....
Wtf are you talking about? Do we not have a thread starting just a couple months ago titled something like "What is going on with the defense?" In which we have a bunch of people just bitching about players, coaching, etc.

Do we not have a group of the usual nitwits in the gdt posting "this defense is trash," every single week? We even had a thread earlier this season about CP's dissatisfaction with Thornhill.

And yes, we even had a thread bitching about CEH.

these are all facts. And unless you've been living under a virtual rock here on CP, you know that's all true.

And the Butker thread is just stupid. The Team is 23/24 or whatever, not one game has been decided by an XP in the Mahomes era, and in spite of missing 6 XPs or whatever, he's posted his best percentage on FGs of his career. In spite of the fact that he's working with a new holder, after having the same guy for 3 years.

Like I said, some people have to bitch.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:11 PM 01-22-2021
What? Why do you think he specifically dictated anything that they did and it had nothing to do with them just running plays to their strong side which he as a weak side DE doesn't line up on?

Like I said,it's funny how according to you both Spags and the opposing OCs scheme to keep him from making impact plays. Really convenient.
So you think it was just happy circumstance that Baker didn't roll out to his left when Clark was lined up over his LT? Even though Baker's best numbers come from when he rolls out left? Even thoughBaker admitted in the pre-game interview before the PIT game that Stefanski has been making a point of rolling Baker out to his left all season? So much so that they had a joke between themselves about it? And suddenly they decide they aren't going to do it, except when 55 isn't lined up there? Even though more than 30% of Baker's TDs/chunk yardage were off the PA-rollout left?

It was just a lucky coincidence that Clark spent almost the whole game lined up over the LT? Including the last 11 in a row?

Okay. Makes sense.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:37 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't give a shit about his run defense. That's to be expected of him with what he's being paid.

Go sack the QB. Alot.

I dunno what the deal is with pass rushers these days, but they don't seem to be what they were even 5 years ago in terms of production. Khalil Mack had a down year for him.

Is it just easier to neutralize outside guys?
This has been a trend for a few years now. QB s are getting rid of the ball earlier. Lok at Brady for the last few years in NE. He's been gradually decreasing the time between snap-to-throw for at least a couple seasons now. Last year when we played him, someone in the pregame said he had reached a career-low for that time, 2.4 seconds?

Rothlisberger was averaging 2.2 seconds this season. Baker about the same, but he threw a lot of passes in under 2 seconds vs. PIT. And the best sack-rate DL couldn't get a single sack, and just a few pressures. I'm not sure they recorded a hit.

Now part of that you could say had to do with the fact that CLE finished the season with the best OL, if you believe ESPN, FOXSports, PFF, etc. And their back-ups might be the best in football, since they replaced their LT and one of their Gs (one of them twice ) in that game, and PIT still couldn't get to Baker.

Whatever. Point is, that yeah there's a trend of QBs throwing quicker. A lot of OCs have built their schemes on the idea. Not all teams yet, maybe not even a majority, but look at GB, for example. LaFleur has built a running game, and a quick pass offense. TB is finally trending that way.

Bottom line, no DL is getting to the QB in 2.5 seconds.

Anyone that was paying attention knew we weren't going to get a bunch of sacks vs. CLE. As I posted in the "LTACLE" thread, We'd be lucky to get a couple sacks (and that Sneed would probably get it, so I'm psychic I guess), but the important thing would be to make Baker uncomfortable, by taking away his roll out to the left, since that was basically his best 'punch,' don't let him escape into the flat behind an undisciplined rush, defend the HB screens better than PIT did.

Not rocket science. If the best DL in football couldn't record a sack vs. CLE, and they got taken to the woodshed by allowing L-rollouts and HB screens between the hashes, Spags would've been an idiot to try and expend extra resources/gameplan to sack Baker.

Lucky for us he's not that dumb.

EDIT: Correction, Spags would've been Bob Sutton. Thank God he's not.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:45 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Sorry but "suck" is an absolute term, not relative.

He either sucks or he doesn't. What he's getting paid has no bearing on the assessment.

He is underperforming, for sure, but he doesn't "suck".
That's fine so let me be more clear Mr English Professor. Frank Clark is trash for what he makes. You can't hold Frank Clark to same standard that you do a guy making half his salary. Not to mentioned we gave up some draft picks for him.

Still waiting for 'playoff' Frank Clark to show up. You guys were telling me all year he was saving himself for playoffs. Okay so against the Browns he did shit lets see what he does against the Bills.
[Reply]
-King- 12:48 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
So you think it was just happy circumstance that Baker didn't roll out to his left when Clark was lined up over his LT? Even though Baker's best numbers come from when he rolls out left? Even thoughBaker admitted in the pre-game interview before the PIT game that Stefanski has been making a point of rolling Baker out to his left all season? So much so that they had a joke between themselves about it? And suddenly they decide they aren't going to do it, except when 55 isn't lined up there? Even though more than 30% of Baker's TDs/chunk yardage were off the PA-rollout left?

It was just a lucky coincidence that Clark spent almost the whole game lined up over the LT? Including the last 11 in a row?

Okay. Makes sense.
Yeah it's a coincidence. And confirmation bias on your part. Just like how you think he gets doubled and chipped a lot when in reality he's one of the least doubled edge players in the league (gets doubled at basically the same rate as Kpass). Also how you think teams run away from him when in reality they're just running to their strong side and he's usually on the weak side.

I haven't watched the game again to see that specific point about the roll outs, but I'm sure the same applies here.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:55 PM 01-22-2021
Yeah it's a coincidence. And confirmation bias on your part. Just like how you think he gets doubled and chipped a lot when in reality he's one of the least doubled edge players in the league (gets doubled at basically the same rate as Kpass). Also how you think teams run away from him when in reality they're just running to their strong side and he's usually on the weak side.

I haven't watched the game again to see that specific point about the roll outs, but I'm sure the same applies here.
Wonder what the mathematically odds are that CLE would accidentally run virtually every roll out away from Clark? Or what the odds are that they would stop running rollouts to the left when he was on the left? When it was their most successful design?

I'll bet it's not very good.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:38 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
That's fine so let me be more clear Mr English Professor. Frank Clark is trash for what he makes. You can't hold Frank Clark to same standard that you do a guy making half his salary. Not to mentioned we gave up some draft picks for him.

Still waiting for 'playoff' Frank Clark to show up. You guys were telling me all year he was saving himself for playoffs. Okay so against the Browns he did shit lets see what he does against the Bills.
Actually, I've been saying all year that they need to find a way to reduce Clark's cap hit or cut him after 2021. I'm not all that interested in defending his play, which isn't up to snuff.

However, this place throws out words like "suck" and "trash" with ridiculous frequency. It's adolescent at best.
[Reply]
Page 284 of 435
« First < 184234274280281282283284 285286287288294334384 > Last »
Up