ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 52
« First < 404647484950 5152 >
Media Center>Horror Movies
rydogg58 09:38 PM 10-29-2023
Went and watched Five Nights at Freddy's earlier today with my daughters. Wasn't sure what to expect, but it damn sure wasn't this boring mess. Feels like that movie should have been rated G. The best thing I can say about it was that it was thankfully short.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:09 AM 10-30-2023
Originally Posted by rydogg58:
Went and watched Five Nights at Freddy's earlier today with my daughters. Wasn't sure what to expect, but it damn sure wasn't this boring mess. Feels like that movie should have been rated G. The best thing I can say about it was that it was thankfully short.
Meh. It's made for kids. I know my son is excited to see it with his friends (16) as this game was HUGE when he was a small kid. Only makes sense that it's child appropriate.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:09 PM 10-30-2023
I'm working on the FNAF campaign and this is a movie for fans of the games. If you expect anything else you're in the wrong theater.

Also we're breaking records so giving fans of the games what they want isn't a bad idea.

• $78 million domestic opening/$52.6 million international weekend
• Biggest horror opening of the year
• Third-biggest horror opening ever, trailing only the two IT films
• Biggest opening for a PG-13 horror film ever
• Biggest Blumhouse opening ever
• Second-biggest video game adaptation opening ever, trailing only MARIO
• 19th Blumhouse film to open #1
• Biggest Halloween weekend opening ever
• Biggest opening ever for a film on Peacock
[Reply]
Fish 01:36 PM 10-30-2023
My daughter was so obsessed with this game years ago, that she built the entire replica of it within Minecraft. Sounds like I'll be taking her to see this soon.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:53 PM 10-30-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
My daughter was so obsessed with this game years ago, that she built the entire replica of it within Minecraft. Sounds like I'll be taking her to see this soon.
My son was big time into it when he was younger. He's got FNAF plushies and so forth. I still remember xmas shopping for FNAF T-shirts etc. All his cousins were big into it too.

I gave the game a few tries just to see what all the fuss was about. Had a real hard time giving a shit about the game.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:18 AM 11-05-2023
Insidious: The Red Door was surprisingly decent.

I mean, it’s more of the same from the Insidious franchise so if you like the others then you’ll enjoy this. Narratively I don’t think this movie needed to be made but they re-opened the story and then closed it pretty cleanly. There were some decent jump scares.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:30 PM 11-18-2023
The Nun 2 wasn’t as good as the first but had some decent, cheap jump scares if you’re into that sort of thing.

Also, they brought back Frenchie from the first one, which I thought was cool.
[Reply]
Otter 02:08 PM 11-23-2023
Smile

Watched it with the grown ups last with the lights off and it was pretty damn good and I pretty much consider myself a horror movie snob.

7/10
[Reply]
DJJasonp 05:59 PM 11-23-2023
Originally Posted by Otter:
Smile

Watched it with the grown ups last with the lights off and it was pretty damn good and I pretty much consider myself a horror movie snob.

7/10
it was much better than I expected it to be. pretty well done IMO.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 05:59 PM 11-23-2023
watched "Horsemen" with Dennis Quaid.

Was pretty decent, right up until one of the worst endings in recent memory.

Just amazingly horrible ending.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:14 PM 12-29-2023
Exorcist: Believer was enjoyable enough but doesn’t hold up when you start thinking about it..

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 08:12 PM 12-30-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Exorcist: Believer was enjoyable enough but doesn’t hold up when you start thinking about it..

Spoiler!
Woof what an incoherent mess of a movie

Great Value brand Exorcist
[Reply]
Aries Walker 09:51 AM 01-02-2024
I was impressed with "Talk to Me," a low-budget Australian movie about teenagers who have parties where they use a zombie hand to let themselves get possessed for kicks. Needless to say, it does not end well.

Along the same line is "Brooklyn 45," a post-WWII seance movie where each person has their own dark secrets. The FX are a little Haunted-Mansion-ish but the actors are incredible.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 12:59 PM 01-02-2024
Originally Posted by Aries Walker:
I was impressed with "Talk to Me," a low-budget Australian movie about teenagers who have parties where they use a zombie hand to let themselves get possessed for kicks. Needless to say, it does not end well.

Along the same line is "Brooklyn 45," a post-WWII seance movie where each person has their own dark secrets. The FX are a little Haunted-Mansion-ish but the actors are incredible.
agreed on Talk to Me.

Could have easily steered into teenage horror tropes, but didnt.

Well made film.
[Reply]
BigRichard 12:24 PM 01-25-2024
I have the weirdest boner right now...

[Reply]
Page 50 of 52
« First < 404647484950 5152 >
Up