ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which WR was the MOST disappointing in 2023?
Skyy Moore 76 35.68%
Kadarius Toney 133 62.44%
Justyn Ross 4 1.88%
Justin Watson 0 0%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Which WR Disappointed you Most in 2023?
el borracho 05:58 PM 03-28-2024
End result was great but everyone acknowledges that the 2023 Chiefs Wide Receivers were disappointing. The question is- who was the MOST disappointing?

Skyy Moore- 21 Receptions for 244 yards and 1 TD
Kadarius Toney- 27 Receptions for 169 yards and 1 TD
Justin Watson- 27 Receptions for 460 yards and 3 TD
Justyn Ross- 6 Receptions for 53 yards and 0 TD

I would have to say Toney was the most disappointing for me. He's the most talented of the above by a good margin and he looked great last year. I'm still not sure WTF happened? Team finished the season without him.

Justyn Ross was almost as disappointing for me. I realize he was an UDFA but dude had talent in college and his preseason was so strong I felt like dude was going to displace one of Watson or Moore.

I suppose I should be more disappointed in Moore but I just never saw any talent there. Dude is not big; he's not fast; doesn't stand out in any category. Honestly, I feel like Demarcus Robinson and Byron Pringle were both more talented than Moore so I just never had any expectations for the guy. Easily my least favorite in this position group.

Ok, I'm not really disappointed in Watson- he's exactly what you would expect for what we paid. Just thought I should include him in the poll because you know someone has got a bone to pick with the dude.

I'm not listing Rice because I assume no one has any real complaint about him at this time. Also, if you do- I don't really want to hear it.

So that's about it. Poll incoming...
[Reply]
BWillie 11:09 PM 03-28-2024
I didn't expect anything from Skyy and Toney and stated as much many times. Never thought Ross would pan out so it's probably Richie James for me.
[Reply]
frozenchief 12:51 AM 03-29-2024
I didn’t expect Toney to actively hurt our team like he did. But he helped win SB last year and he didn’t cost us a ton. Moore cost us a higher draft pick but didn’t hurt us as much. That said, I think Toney had the higher ceiling so I think he hurt us more.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 05:21 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Where is MVS in the poll?
MVS was our annual "suck until the playoffs" guy. Like Frank Clark.
[Reply]
ChiefsHawk 05:25 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Where is MVS in the poll?
MVS was reliable in the playoffs.
[Reply]
TNTEICHER 05:38 AM 03-29-2024
I didn't buy all the Toney hype last year. I thought Moore would progress (looked like he actually took a step back)
[Reply]
Bwana 05:41 AM 03-29-2024
Toney, because he cost us two games, he's dumber than a pet rock and he runs his mouth on twatter, like a jilted 13 year old girl, that got stood up for the prom. I'm not sure what they are going to do with him this year. I guess they could have him hold a clipboard, but he would no doubt lose focus and drop it all the time.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 05:57 AM 03-29-2024
Moore. I expected more from Toney but Moore had the hype. Moore actually might have been worse in year two. He was more Jehu Chesson than the Amendola we were being sold on. Toney definitely hurt the team more I just didn't think the Chiefs would go full spin on Moore if he was not actually up to even being the 5th receiver.
[Reply]
notorious 06:15 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by el borracho:
In thinking about it, why aren't Toney and Moore in Texas with Mahomes? Are they just not invited?
They took the wrong route down.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:20 AM 03-29-2024
2 SB rings
2 SB rings
2 SB rings
3 SB rings
8 Chiefs SB rings
[Reply]
RedinTexas 06:32 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Toney, because he cost us two games, he's dumber than a pet rock and he runs his mouth on twatter, like a jilted 13 year old girl, that got stood up for the prom. I'm not sure what they are going to do with him this year. I guess they could have him hold a clipboard, but he would no doubt lose focus and drop it all the time.
It's worse than that. He'd manage to bat the clipboard up into the air so it would fall into the hands of the team on the other sideline.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:44 AM 03-29-2024
I don't know how many times I have to say it until I'm red in the face. Toney is not good. Wasn't ever good. Can't ever be good. Give up on the guy. Mahomes has.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:54 AM 03-29-2024
I was disappointed we didn't run more Jet sweeps with Mecole Hardman or try hooking him up as the deep threat. He has all the talent to be really good and shows signs he can do great things but he lacks gumption. Mecole is one of my favorite players I hope we bring him back to prove himself but if he leaves he leaves.
[Reply]
Molitoth 07:48 AM 03-29-2024
I feel like MVS and Hardman should be on the poll, because both of them sucked.

That said, I still would have voted for Toney.
[Reply]
FringeNC 07:59 AM 03-29-2024
Veach was running around telling the talking heads that Toney was a #1 WR and that Ross was the next AJ Green. And we heard how much Skyy had improved. Only the Rice buzz turned out to be accurate.

We also heard about now the new tackles would be the best combo Mahomes had ever played with. I was thinking we'd have a record setting offense. Oh well, there's always that new Lombardi trophy.
[Reply]
notorious 08:08 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't know how many times I have to say it until I'm red in the face. Toney is not good. Wasn't ever good. Can't ever be good. Give up on the guy. Mahomes has.
THANK YOU

I have no idea what people see in him. He wastes a shitload of motion on cuts, not only can't catch the ball but manages to flip it up in the air, and is a complete fucking moron.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up